Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Numbers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Numbers? Reply with quote

I loved this ep and I thought i would bring this up...

Notice that the numbers "8" & "15" are located right next to each other. Their flight was 8:15.

4 - Has been repeated a lot... lots of references to 4 years ago.
Danielles b=husband died 4 years ago.
# of guns in Marshall's case
# of years Locke was in a wheel chair
The forth book of the Bible, also titled "Numbers"
Boone asks if they’re going to stare at the hatch for 4 months
# of months the Psychic tried to convince Claire to raise her baby
alone before giving her money and telling her of the couple in LA

8 - people died in the fire of Hurley's factory.
Claire was 8 months pregnant when they crashed

15 - # of members on Danielle's research team

8 & 15 - Flight number
Kate's safety deposit box number
Copier # that Charlie is working with
Sun looked at the clock in the airport and it was 8:15

16 - 16 years of tranmission and number of weeks no one won the lottery

23-Claire just turned 23.?
Jack and Rose were seated in row 23.
The reward the Australian guy was to collect for Kate was $23,000
dollars.
Sawyers envelope - The logo says "America's Bicentennial". It's hard
to see, but the year is 1976. 1+9+7+6=23

42 - is the answer to life and the universe according to the book, "The
hitchiker's guide to the galaxy "
Number of spots in Connect Four
claires period was 6 weeks late, 6 weeks = 42 days

I checked out a world population site and it looks like the world population at some point during late 1984 was 4,815,162,342.

4 + 8 +15 +16 + 23 = 66 then there is a dot on the thing in the ground that seperates 23 and 42 and Hurley's winning numbers were also seperated by 23 and 42 so 4 + 2 = 6 .... 666

the numbers are 4 8 15 16 23 42, you take 4 and 8 together and get 12, add 1 and 2 together is 3. Take that 3 and add it to 15, you get 18, add that 1 and 8 and you get 9. Take that 9, add it to 16 and you get 25, add 2 and 5, and you get 7. Okay, now take the 7, add it to 23, and you get 30, 3 and 0 is 3. Take the 3, add it to 42, and you get 45. 4 and 5 is 9. So using our ultimate numbers we get 3 9 7 3 9. This certainly is a pattern.

04 + 08 + 42 - 16 - 23 = 15
++ ++ ++
08 + 42 + 04 - 23 - 15 = 16
++ ++ ++
42 + 04 + 08 - 15 - 16 = 23
-- -- --
16 + 23 + 15 - 08 - 04 = 42
-- -- --
23 + 15 + 16 - 04 - 42 = 08
== == ==
15 + 16 + 23 - 42 - 08 = 04

Well, just to cover all the bases I checked info on area code phone number #481-516-2342. ... No such area code.

48 survivors - The marshall died
47 survivors- Joanna died
46 survivors- Charlie died (This is the start of my reach)
45 survivors- Steve died
44 survivors- Etahn died (Reaching again, but they never cleared up if they counted him as one of the survivors or not.)
43 survivors- Big character death
**42** Survivors

ALSO - RELATIONS
Locke and Hurley are related. Not blood-wise, but the box company that Hurley apparently owns, since he has the most stocks in that company, is what I think the company that Locke works for, if i were to venture a guess.

In the second pilot episode, Hurley tells Sayid that he knew a friend in the gulf war. I would venture to guess that Leon is that friend he knew in the gulf war.

When Boone was at the jail in Australia, you see sawyer in the background.

When Jin is went to tell that other guy that his boss was displeased with him, the man's daughter was watching TV and guess who was on it...Hurley getting into a car.

Boone mentioned owning a box company before and also a wedding one. There is the possibilty he has owned more than one company ... Connection between Locke and Hurley maybe?

Sawyer also met Jack's father in a bar.

You see Jin in the background at the airport when Jack is trying to get his fathers body onto the plane.

OK well im done writing.. Got most of these from another resource so if any of these are incorrect.. sry.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like the 8th time I've seen this page of "similarities". There was another one though: in Deux ex Machina, Locke's mom asks where the footballs are. Locke answers "Regular isle 8, Nerf isle 15" 815 once again, a very repeating number. Some people theorize that EVERY episode has the 815 in it somewhere

anyway, thanks for posting it all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good site for this is
www.4815162342.com
Lots of posts... Wish I found this before though lols
Harry

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you add 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 and then 1 + 5 + 6 (hurley's 156 million) you get 48 (the original number of survivors)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

if you add 4 + 8 + 15 + 16 + 23 + 42 and then 1 + 5 + 6 (hurley's 156 million) you get 48 (the original number of survivors)

isn't that 120...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLS its not even that... its 108 lols.... hmm... Got this from another forum.. C thats y u dont leave LVI
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works if you take the numbers individually (like instead of using 42 use 4+2), but it's probably reading FAR too much into it!

Besides, when the plane landed, there were actually 50 survivors. Engine guy and the pilot dying in ep one brought the number down to 48
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I SINCERELY doubt that any of those numbers added up and flipped around and such will be the answer to what we're looking for. There are over 1 billion different ways you can take any numbers and screw around with them until you get, say, 666. Yet, I see many many people looking for those relationships on that site you posted, thinking it's genious... . I have much higher hopes for the idea that these numbers are the password for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy than I do that
Harry

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLS
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 and 15 back again. I just rewatched last nights episode again and having an August birthday myself this should have popped out at me right away. But August is the 8th month and the recording of Tom and Kate was made on August 15, 1989. In other words 8/15/89. 8 and 15 again. I think if we figure out the true significance of 8 and 15 we would have some better insight into some of the mystery.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Harry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found this lols... didnt read it all though

http://www.imaginary-friend.com/bios.htm
Harry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but i think its a fake.... a lost fan messing around
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostcalier wrote:
I think if we figure out the true significance of 8 and 15 we would have some better insight into some of the mystery.

lol. this made me think of a famous quote from HH Guide:
Quote:
"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was "oh no... not again!" Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we should know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."
- Douglas Adams

Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was "oh no... not again!" Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that, we should know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."
- Douglas Adams

LMFAO. Enchirito, your words of wisdom apply to everything, don't they.

815 is likely to just be a fun ploy by the writers. Or, it might have some deep meaning to the numbers. But logically, what effect could they have on the plot? Is it because Locke said "isles eight and fifteen" he was fated to land on the island? Why not that flight announcer woman at the airport? She said "flight 815". And if those two numbers have more meaning than "fate" or some other supernatural occurrence, then what could they be? Code? Surely the fact that people have used the letter four in a sentence doesn't mean that it has some deep impact on the plot. That is why I think the most part of those lists of numbers up at the top of this thread is useless. Now, if you want to see a trully REMARKABLE site (which I am now going to beg Enchirito to affilliate with), then check out this one: http://lost.cubit.net/index.php
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Now, if you want to see a trully REMARKABLE site (which I am now going to beg Enchirito to affilliate with), then check out this one: http://lost.cubit.net/index.php

OMG. That is a great Lost site. The writers should pay that guy for keeping all their facts straight. Of course we will affiliate w/ that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: