Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning Iris wrote:
Just having saving problems now.

Oh, I hope you've got that all worked out now!

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody's entries!
Blitzy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my own site with like 800 kb/s download speed , but its down
atm . I hope it is fixed tomorow otherwise i will try to put it on "your tube".

The movie is now like 80 mb. If you guys think that is to mutch i will try to reduce the heigh and weight of the movie.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using youtube it automatically converts it to a managable size. I think the limit is 100MB so it should be fine.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
If you're using youtube it automatically converts it to a managable size. I think the limit is 100MB so it should be fine.

It does? holy.... wow that site really DOES rule.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am still having problems saving my video. I've tried saving to a disc, saving small, I've made two versions of the same thing, etcetera etcetera... I will keep trying, but Windows movie maker is really me off. I will do my best, but I don't know...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the exact problem with it SI? Does it render, but mess-up? Does it go to 99% then fail? Does it mute the sound?

You could try rendering it in two parts, then starting a new project and rendering those two parts together into one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
You could try rendering it in two parts, then starting a new project and rendering those two parts together into one.

That's what I had to do with my submission to last year's recap contest. It was before I had upgraded the RAM in my computer and WMM was really giving me a hard time. I rendered the vid in four parts and then put these four parts together to render them in one file. It worked fine.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest doing that with all vids on WMM actually, it makes it freeze less.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blitzy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do i have to call the zip file "August 2006 contest submission" Or can i just include a .txt file with as name "August 2006 contest submission" ??

Btw, Movie is now 40 MB and my site is backup. I have make a "trailer look a like" page where u can dl the movie. I post the link tonight..
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Blitzy! It doesn't matter what you call the file itself (though that would certainly be a fine thing to call it ). The important thing is to just use "August 2006 contest submission" for the description when you submit it. If you've never submitted a vid to LVI before, you'll see what I'm talking about when you start through the process.

The main site has a link at the top for submissions or you can just go straight to it from here. You'll create a bio for yourself, then it'll take you to a page where you fill in all of the important info on your vid. That's where the description thing is and where you'll put "August 2006 contest submission."

Something you'll also need to have ready is an image that represents your video. It has to be 201x113 pixels, a jpeg file, and under 20KB. I thought I'd mention it here so you'd know to have it ready before you go and fill in all the other info! You don't have to host it some place, you just upload it directly from your computer.

Good luck!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I guess this contest closes tonight then . (though we will be starting the voting tomorrow lol)
Can't wait to see these entries!
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of sheer curiosity...how long does it usually take for you guys to watch all the entries? Do you watch a couple, then take a break? Or do you watch them straight on through so your decisions are fresh? Just interested to know how it's done.....or is it top-secret and you'll have to kill me if you tell me?
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!!! It is saved!!!! Now I'm just waiting for Youtube to finish what it does and I will send it in right away.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Iris!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning Iris wrote:
YES!!!! It is saved!!!! Now I'm just waiting for Youtube to finish what it does and I will send it in right away.

YAY!!!

ooangeliceviloo wrote:
Out of sheer curiosity...how long does it usually take for you guys to watch all the entries? Do you watch a couple, then take a break? Or do you watch them straight on through so your decisions are fresh? Just interested to know how it's done.....or is it top-secret and you'll have to kill me if you tell me?

This contest will take longer to judge than some, IMO, just because the entries can be up to 10 minutes long. Anyway, I don't have a certain "way" I watch the contest vids. I've done both: watch one right after the other (which is usually for the contests where we don't have very many entries) or I'll have to break it over a day or two (the Disney contest where we had 26 entries )

I haven't found that it makes much of a difference to me, either way. Every vid gets its day in the sun on my computer screen...

And now that I've told you that, Erin, would you please look down here at the red light? Thank you...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: