Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: August Contest Information Reply with quote

AUGUST 2006
Contest: Season 2 Recaps Deadline:
NEW: September 5th Old: August 31st
The Details

Now that summer is finally fully upon us and the fact that another season of Lost has ended can finally be absorbed, it's time to put our vidding skills to the test and pay homage to this last season!

Just like last year's recap contest, these Season Two recaps will need to include all the major highlights of the season. This includes both character and story development. Your recaps should include every main character (i.e. everyone here except Boone) at least briefly, and most importantly it should be done in an entertaining and interesting fashion. You vidders have your work cut out for you!

This year, there will be no time limit as to how long an entry can be. You may send in a 20-minute long video if you wish. However, since much of the challenge of this contest is to make an entertaining and to-the-point recap, a 20-minute video is almost guarenteed not to do well. A good-sized video should be about 5-10 minutes, with a clear, crisp theme and a fairly inclusive plot. Remember, the goal of these videos is to present the season so it would appeal to someone who doesn't know all that much about Lost.

Good luck!

The Rules
Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page and all regular submissions rules apply! The following rules apply only for this contest.

* -Running time should be around 5-10 minutes.
* -Has to coherently tell the story of Season Two.
* -Videos already submitted and RELEVANT can be submitted again, but we would rather see something fresh.
* -The video must focus on Lost
* -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "August 2006 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
* -Please do not use Megaupload, Rapidshare or Yousendit to host your files.
* -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:16 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol marcus made me promise i'd make a vid for this contest on his behalf if it was recaps. Now i've just got to come up with some ideas. Easier said than done lol.

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to see it shanks! (new nickname for you )

Good luck to everyone this is one of the major contests so we would love to see all our regulars entering and a few new people too!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol how about edward longshanks!

*Rips whatzit"
ashy_rulz88
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i have a dilemma.

I've recently submitted 2 recap videos, of season 2. Can i resubmit those, but as one combined video? Like i'll edit it and everything, but is it possible to delete the other two videos from the site and just have the combined video... geez, that makes NO sence.

Who do i contact about resubmitting a video... it might just be better if i talk to them... >_<
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, how long ago did you submit the two vids? I'm not showing either one of them as it is now... It's possible that one of the other Council Members has already handled it for you.

But to answer your question, yes, you can request to have any vid withdrawn before it's gone on site or been entered into a contest, then submit it later.

ashy_rulz88 wrote:
Who do i contact about resubmitting a video... it might just be better if i talk to them... >_<

You can pretty much ask any of us and if it's beyond our ability to handle... we'll run and ask Warren about it!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see what ideas people come up with this time, but I'm not entering myself. The Season 1 recap vid almost drove me completely insane... but this was also during the time when I was still using WMM and had less virtual memory, so it was a bit like sado-maso really

Good luck everyone!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured this would be this month's contest!! I'll prob give it a try, though I agree with Kaja, last year's nearly sent me to the loony bin. And Season 2 was way more complicated... *off to think*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ashy_rulz88 wrote:
Ok, i have a dilemma.

I've recently submitted 2 recap videos, of season 2. Can i resubmit those, but as one combined video? Like i'll edit it and everything, but is it possible to delete the other two videos from the site and just have the combined video... geez, that makes NO sence.

lol alright well if you haven't submitted those two parts yet, then jsut send in the full vid and we'll work it out. If they're already submitted, then PM me the link to the combined version, and I'll switch things around, combine the two vids into one, and add it to the contest somehow lol. (Giving me the exact titles of those two vids might help btw )

Oh, I almost forgot! I call Colplay's "Clocks" I'll be entering this contest, hopefully.... you guys have permission to yell at me if I slack off and don't vid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid virus just had to delete all my Lost eps just a few weeks before this contest started....I so badly wanted to enter this one, since I'm one of the only people who think S2 is as good as S1.

Well, Ed...you'd better enter on my behalf as promised.

Btw, that doesn't mean he's gonna submit a vid under my name lol. It just means I'll be going for him.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot! I call Colplay's "Clocks" I'll be entering this contest, hopefully.... you guys have permission to yell at me if I slack off and don't vid

Okay, but I call my entire library of muse songs

*Rips whatzit"
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to ask...Hobbes, I thought you had some personal rule where you only used a band/singer one time?

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busted.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
Forgot to ask...Hobbes, I thought you had some personal rule where you only used a band/singer one time?

LOL did I say that? Oh well, I'll make an exception this time.
That probably is a good rule of thumb though, especially since I kinda doubt this entry is gonna be that good *sigh*
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Hobbes...one of your vids is gonna suck, ha ha ha.

Started work on mine, I'm up to 2x03.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: