Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI in The Washington Post
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're not trying to be mean, we're happy for you. Kind of hard not to read it when its posted in yur banner. We just feel its time to move on.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I was just being mean. Yes it's time to move on , it's been like what? a year and a half since Brokeback came out.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it was less than a year LMAO but whatever.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Josh Holloway ever said he liked one of my vids, I'd not only keep it in my banner for life, but I'd have it tatooed somewhere on my body...

...and I'd probably put a pic of that tattoo in my sig as well.

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no real obligation to plug LVI. It's your video. LVI doesn't own it. It's not like you're making money or anything and if you were, that'd be all kinds of copyright infringement. But I'm skeptical as to why when Evi did a random search on YouTube as she stated in that interview that it must be your video that she saw. Do you have any idea how many brokeback type parodies there are about Jack and Sawyer at YouTube? In all likelihood she may be talking about your video, given its prior exposure. I think it's great that you got mentioned on entertainment weekly's site and that the post interviewed you, but yours is not the only brokeback parody out there. That's all.

And it's so easy to just say "well if you don't like it don't look." Last I checked this was a community and I have a right to my opinion. Whether contradictory or not.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not that she shouldnt be proud, but obviously im not the only one feeling like she's rubbing it in our faces.
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow wow wow guys, I really don't want to start anything on here. I'll stop posting in here then. I am proud of my video so I'm not going to take it out of my banner. And I really am not trying to rub it in anyone's face so please don't take offense to anything I post on here.

Peace to all!

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not offended and I certainly don't think you shouldn't be proud of your video. You certainly should. I was just a little taken aback when Colin suggested that Evi might not be talking about your video, you seemed to assert it couldn't possibly be any other.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hell with it, Steph was contacted about her brokeback vid and it was featured in a film festival but she isnt bragging about it.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, whoa, neutral corners, please. Molly said she wasn't trying to offend anybody, right? So there's no call to keep arguing about it.

*puts out cookies and milk, turns on some soothing mellow mood music and dims the lights*

Now, let's just all have a zen moment...
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok since I'm the bad guy here, I'll just say it out loud.

Quote:
She could have easilly taken this opportunity as a straight-up chance to just plug herself and her vid, but she's been really selfless with a lot of this and tried to give back to her roots.

She didn't even mention LVI or link it from her you tube page. When my little video got like a thousand hits and I put LVI on the description. So it does sound like self-pluggin to me.

[/quote]

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn is certainly right. And I know I hate it when someone rains on my parade. It just struck me as a little dismissive about the suggestion that jimmy kimmel interview possibly being about one of the other bajillion bb/lost parodies on youtube. That's all.

And what I was saying about Molly not having to plug LVI. I meant it. I wouldn't judge based on that. I would be disappointed if someone found an opportunity through one of their videos gaining exposure and they turned it down or downplayed their talents for the sake of the team and not seeming like a sellout. If you don't promote yourself, who's going to?

That's not what I was commenting on. I was commenting on the Jimmy Kimmel interview and that's about it.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just so you know, I had removed that post and decided not to say it lest it spur more fighting, so I would rather you just forget I said anything and rather just know that I plan on defending Molly here.

As for that, I have nothing to say except to point to the Washington Post interview.
And if your goal here isn't to keep Molly from coming to LVI anymore, then you best stop now please. Enough is enough.

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even realize you removed it Warren. I'm a little slow. I certainly don't want Molly not to come around anymore. That's crazy. No one wants that. Would anyone care for some mangoes or a gun? reference to wildly sexual overtones in jack and sawyer's poker game, for those playing at home
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
She didn't even mention LVI or link it from her you tube page. When my little video got like a thousand hits and I put LVI on the description. So it does sound like self-pluggin to me.

Don't mean to be rude but if you watch at the end of my video (and all my other new ones) I have Lost Video Island in the end credits.

Nate I don't want it to sound like my video is superior to the one you made at all. I mean, you won first place over mine!! I know if I was in your position I'd feel a bit bitter too. You're such a cool person and I really don't want any hostility towards us! So please can we just let this go?

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html

Last edited by crazymol4588 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: