Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter Star To Shed All.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big HP fan, but there's a slight difference in fanbases

Fanbase One: Have read the books and the movies

Fanbase Two: Have watched the movies

I'm part of fanbase one, I love the books, and I've been fairly pleased with how they've been brought to film. Most of my fanbase probably feel that way. The other fanbase is from a like of the movies, but limited understanding of the books, and a bunch of girls saying "OMG, Dan's so hot! Marry me Dan!" Thankfully..I was 17 when the first movie came out, so I never said anything like that..except Oliver Wood...the actor who portrayed him was my age, and he was HAWT. Hehe.. I will slightly agree with those saying that his acting wasn't the greatest in the first two films, but at the same time, he was young doing those films, and I honestly think he got the role for two reasons. 1) His dad had worked with Chris Colombus, the director, and 2) He looked like Harry Potter

My biggest complaint would have to be with how they made the fourth movie. If there are any here who have read the books also, you may understand why I wasn't too happy with the way they switched things around.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to watching the three remaining movies when they come out, and of course, looking forward to the seventh book.

And about Equus: the play is supposedly about a boy who blinds or kills some horses...that's already cutting it down to being a little weird, and the nude part adds to the weirdness. I would definitely not watch it, because I'm 21 and have no desire to see a naked skinny 17 year old (no offense for those here who are 17 and skinny lol), even though I'm sure the play has some kind of quality story to it, it just doesn't seem to be my thing. He agreed to do it nude, and I applaud him for that, because out of all the people who have done that part, all of them have done it nude, he would be the first if he said no, so keeping with that is a REALLY brave move on his part. ....I mean...going on stage...nude..in front of an audience? I could be 15, 30, 50 and I would NEVER do that...talk about embarassing.

Anywho, he's an okay actor, I think his whole involvement in it centered around his father, but more acting lessons could prove fruitful. Still love the movies.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of the books too and I don't mind the second two movies, but to me the first two were done terribly. Not just cos of Daniel's bad acting, but because I also thought they were terribly written. The fourth one I didn't mind, but then again the fourth book is the worst IMO. So I didn't care if they changed it.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a hp fan too...but mostly the books fan...i don't like the first two movies too...the second two were better....
here's another interview on the case:

Lastly, Dan confirmed that he plans to appear nude in next year's West End production of Equus saying that "all the other actors who have ever played the part have done that, so for me not to do it wouldn't really be playing the part. It would be a watered down version. It wouldn't be the same. I'll be incredibly nervous, but I think, 'it's in the script; it's got to be done'. I'm terrified, but excited."

it looks like he's going to do it...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
The_Phantom_CC
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's excited all right Kidding!

I love the books to death. They are much better than the movies. I can't wait for the last one. I just want to know who's going to play Harry in the last couple movies... the switch will be weird.
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they definately switching them for the last few movies?
That's gunna suck a little bit.
Mars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I wouldn't want to see him naked. Just doesn't appeal...eww.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ew, i agree...that's like seeing yur little brother naked.
xXAngelicEvilXx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I liked the first two movies for the fact that they stayed close to the books, but the fourth, and don't get me wrong, I loved it, it had things switched around in it. I just wanted to yell "Where is WINKY?!" LOL It didn't tell the story of HOW Barty escaped, came to be with Voldemort, that sort of thing, and yes while it wasn't the most important, if they had cut out the extended scene with the dragon, they would've had room to put that stuff in and maybe some of the Quidditch World Cup match. Still good movies though, Order of the Phoenix was my favorite until Half-Blood Prince came out, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they do this movie...especially when the book is 896 pages (US Version)
Borislava
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Static wrote:
Are they definately switching them for the last few movies?
That's gunna suck a little bit.

No,they're not gonna switch them...
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
Mars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
ew, i agree...that's like seeing yur little brother naked.

Exactly! He's just like too young to see in that state. ew, ew, ew...
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, save your "too young" comments until you see these new promo pics.....

(Click on the thumbnails.)

(v Locke's reaction is appropriate)

sig by IslandofMystery
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my . . .
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually photoes looks like they were made in photoshop, he can't have such body ...I'm still in shock, hopefully he would't leave "Harry Potter" movie series, cause I really can't imagine anyone else !!!
I still stressed about this photoes , but I think Locke like it though
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I thought they were photoshopped too, but that would be ridiculous (I saw them on the news and my jaw dropped). Besides, it looks like his body to a relative extent. He's 17 now, so he does have a right to be hairy and grown-up if he wants to. Can't be little Harry Potter forever.

Locke sees naked guys running around all the time these days.

sig by IslandofMystery
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jaw totally dropped when I saw the pictures, too, and I hadn't ever really found him all that attractive, but I also didn't think he was ugly. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw these. Not only has he grown up to be a pretty good looking guy, I think, but the pictures are GORGEOUS. I think they look really cool and artistic, especially the black and white copies of them. Anybody could be in those pictures and they'd look amazing! Kudos to the photographer; BIG TIME kudos!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: