Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter Star To Shed All.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter Star To Shed All. Reply with quote

I find this hard to believe..but it's apparently very true.

Quote:
Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is set to ditch his glasses as well as his clothes.

The 17-year-old actor, who is now a multimillionaire thanks to the Harry Potter films, will make his West End debut in the controversial play Equus, The Times says.

Radcliffe, who is currently filming Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, will play Alan Strang, a psychologically disturbed youth who is interviewed by a psychiatrist after he blinds six horses with a metal spike in Peter Shaffer's controversial drama in London next year.

But the role would require Radcliffe to simulate sexual ecstasy while riding naked.

This is a departure for Radcliffe, whose career has been dominated by his part as JK Rowling's teenage wizard. He recently finished filming December Boys, in which he plays one of four orphans hoping to be adopted

From: http://www.theage.com.au/news/people/radcliffe-to-shed-all/2006/07/28/1153816365188.html

Sounds like he's going for something..um..'different' from his usual Harry Potter role.

The tickets will be sold out within minutes i'm guessing.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, the problem is, he can't even act normally, how is he going to fake an orgasm while pretending to ride on a horse naked in front of hundreds of people...?

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
IntoTheVoid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would people buy tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe naked? He's not even attractive..

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Why would people buy tickets to see Daniel Radcliffe naked? He's not even attractive..

I know, I don't find him attractive at all really. But still, his fanbase is HUGE.

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with MG.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankle wrote:
Lol, the problem is, he can't even act normally, how is he going to fake an orgasm while pretending to ride on a horse naked in front of hundreds of people...?

LOL Burn

I hate that kid. He made the first 2 HP movies a joke. Thank God he learned something about acting after those two years, though still not much.

I agree with MG too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my GOD, rofl. Aha, Daniel Radcliffe. Bless his heart.

He's a funny guy outside of HP - he makes me laugh in his interviews, but in the films, my opinion of his performance as Harry is...well, not too good. I kind of cracked up during PoA in the snowy teenage angst scene ("HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!") I'm talking tears, people.

But I have to cut the guy some slack. He's pretty risky with his roles. The idea of his character is a little disturbing, and I'm not sure if I'd want to watch him...do that, even if it is acting. Let's just see how the final reviews settle the matter, lol.
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! I LOVE DAN!!!!111111oneone!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOTT! WITH 2 T's!!! I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST ONE IN LINE TO SEE THIS PLAY!!!! DAN'S MY BOYFRIEND!!!

haha just kidding. I'm actually going to be as far away from this play as possible. Dan needs a reality check. He's not hot and he can't act...even though I love the Harry Potter movies.

Banner: Shinythings

Last edited by ebizmybef74 on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an interview once saying he'd one day like to play James Bond. ...just when you thought it couldn't get worse than Daniel Craig...

Btw Liz, I think it's a play, not a movie.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Btw Liz, I think it's a play, not a movie.

Thankfully, it is.

ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited.....

Banner: Shinythings
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

I'd like either of two things to happen with this: one, he really drastically changes my mind about his worth and his acting abilities and I end up liking him, or two, his career completely dries out and he loses all of his fanbase because of the disturbing qualities of this. I think the latter would be more fun.

MUAHAHAHAA....

sig by IslandofMystery
The_Phantom_CC
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving up HP? Is he crazy!? Just think of how much more money he could potentially make! He's set for life as it is.

I loved him in the 4th HP but his smile still looks like he just sat on something very sharp... I don't know how he'll pull off that play *shudders at the thought* Hobbes is so right. His acting in the first two HPs left summat to be desired. And everyone was laughing in the snow scene in PoA. I've watched those movies soley to make fun of them on numerous occasions

Last edited by The_Phantom_CC on Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theater is always more risque than film anyway.

What's with all the Dan Radcliffe bashing though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: