Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Lips of an Angel" by Michelina
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: "Lips of an Angel" by Michelina Reply with quote

"Lips of an Angel" 07-19-2006
AU and angsty Charlie/Claire. A pre-crash story about a forbidden relationship.
Song: Lips of an Angel by Hinder
Vidder: Michelina
Length: 4:15 (16.1MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.zshare.net/video/charlieclaire-lipsofanangel-wmv.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGRHG5Ggh7g

StayGold

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO AWESOME!

i can't believe you managed to put together a charlie/claire vid, using absolutely NO canon charlie/claire scenes at all. that's amazing! really great work, i was totally blown away. the story was so easy to follow, and everything flowed in a really timeless pace. it was so good, i got caught up in the story just like THAT, and the end totally killed my shipper heart, it was so amazingly effective.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. your editing was flawless.
lovinJamesF87@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was awesome, great editing! i really enjoyed this vid!
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was pretty cool. I don't usually watch Charlie Claire Vids, but the previous comments got me intrigued. Excellent Video Michelina. Wow!
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever and fun, a very original and well-done AU. Great job!

sig by niki blue
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very well done! I'm totally impressed what you made of those few flashbacks that Claire and Charlie had and how you created a whole, very believable story. The cuts and transitions are very good, too.

Keep up the good work, Michelina! (Btw, are you doing Lost vids about the other characters, too? I'd be curious to see them)
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness, that was put up fast. Wow!

Okay, before I move on to replying to the reviews, I just want to post some info about the vid for anyone who is confused about the plot. I'm just going to copy it directly from the Charlie/Claire LJ community, because...you know...I'm lazy. I feel like an idiot quoting myself, but here we go:

Quote:
Title: Lips of an Angel
Genre: Angsty and completely AU
Spoilers: Season One, Season Two
Clips used: The entire vid mostly consists of flashback footage to create different scenes between Claire and Charlie. There are hardly any island clips; and where they are present, they flash by so fast that you don't even have time to think about it.
Pairing(s): Charlie/Claire. Lucy/Charlie. Thomas/Claire.
Quick Summary: A pre-crash story about a forbidden relationship.
Song: Lips of an Angel by Hinder
Vidder Notes: This vid was actually inspired by a lot of pre/post-island fics floating around the Lost fandom lately. I've read quite a few Charlie/Claire ones, and they were a great inspiration while I was making this video. A few that currently stick out to me are Rock and Roll' Love Story by Meganfitz and The Real World by Lostaway. Both fics can be found at FF.net, and I highly recommend reading them if you haven't already! They might give you a clearer vision of the story to this vid as well.

Other Notes: This video is dedicated to fallsofast, who introduced me to the song Lips of an Angel by Hinder. She asked me to vid her something while she was away on vacation, and this video became my special project. As stated above, it is set in a totally alternate universe.

To put it simply, Charlie and Claire were friends, but were involved with different loves (Lucy and Thomas). You can interpret the story how you wish. Some questions you might ask are: Did they have a secret love affair? Were they once romantically involved before Lucy and Thomas came along? Or are they just two friends, simply longing to be more? It's all up to you to decide your preferred answer, and I hope you enjoy trying to put the pieces together. =D

...yeah, heh. Hope that clears some stuff up. Anyway, onto the reviews!

StayGold: Wow, thank-you! The editing was definitely a nightmare, but I had to cave in and use at least one canon scene (the kiss). I'm totally flattered that you found it good enough to say the editing was flawless - obviously, you didn't see me working on it. I pretty much attacked anyone who disturbed me, heh. With that in mind, it makes me so happy to hear that you loved the finished product so much. So thank-you!

lovinJamesF87: Thank-you very much! Once again, it makes me feel really good to hear people commenting on the editing, since I was almost murderous while I worked on it, rofl.

Spinning Iris: Wow, thank-you! I'm amazed at how many people have given this vid a chance. It's great that you took the time to watch it, despite your distaste with Charlie/Claire vids. I'm a huge fan of your work myself, so your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks again for watching!

ChicaFrom3: Thanks so much! 'Clever and fun'? I could say the same thing about Be Prepared. I adore that video. Thank-you for watching this one!

KajaM: Wow, thank-you very much for commenting! I know you aren't a huge Charlie fan, yet you usually comment on my vids - it's incredible that you can tolerate them. Thank-you for always giving me such lovely feedback, and for providing such inspiring vids yourself. I love your style, so it's beyond flattering to get reviews from you.

And actually, I had forbidden myself to make any more Charlie/Claire videos for a while. I have a Charlie/Claire fansite that gets more popular with each passing day, which is actually why I make so many - to contribute them to my fansite.

My friend and I talked about this song for a while, and how it actually could apply to a Dominic/Evangeline/Emilie love triangle (you know, if one existed ). In the end, as you can see, I went for a Charlie/Claire AU vid instead. It's the closest I could get to D/E/E anyway, lmao.

I would really love to tackle some Ensembles and non-shipper vids, because I have so many ideas for them, and I think they will be my focus for the rest of the summer. Byebye, Charlie/Claire!
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw you had a new vid and I *squeed* very loudly. You're really an amazing vidder. It makes me proud to be a PB&Jer. The editing was so tight that even though I knew where the clips were from I was like "Was that really the same scene?". Excellent job!! Your vids just keep getting better and better.
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Excellent AU vid. It's amazing how you used the least-usuable clips (is that proper English?) and made the story completely believable. I love how you threw in Lucy and Thomas there as subplots. I really also liked the scene where Charlie was confessing and remembered his kiss with Claire. The ending was great too! You made it seem very fateful.

Nice work on this, Michelina!

By the way, I just visited your site for the first time in ages again (bad me, I know). You've made magnificent improvements on it! I'm snagging all the clips I can handle!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, I didn't realize this had gotten more reviews! Sorry you two, I wasn't snubbing you guys. I rarely remember to check feedback on my own vids. Weird, huh?

The_Phantom_CC: Thank-you so much, dear! You give some great feedback for almost every vid I make, and I have to thank you for that. Thank-you so much for the comments on the editing as well. It actually did take longer than I thought it would, and I'm actually ridiculously proud of the finished project. I can't wait for YOUR next one -- Vindicated is one of my personal favorites!

PsychoCynic: LOL, it doesn't matter if you used proper English - your comment made me blush! Hehe, bless Lucy and Thomas. I always felt bad for Lucy and thought she was pretty cool. And Thomas? Well, I don't call him Thomass for nothing. The entire end sequence was my favorite part to do, starting from somewhere around the 3:10 running time, because I had it planned from the beginning. I knew that I didn't want a direct happy ending, and that people could choose for themselves how the story ends. I'm so glad that effect worked for you, and thank-you so much for commenting!

Ahh, and my site! Gosh, I never thought it would get so popular. I'm still adding new content and uploading clips and such, so I rarely have time to work on the main page and keep up with all of the updates that I've made. But hey, I have the rest of the summer to fix everything up, and I intend to take total advantage of that time. And don't worry about visiting everyday - that way, you can't see how often or unoften (is THAT proper English?) that I update. As I said, I'm TERRIBLE at that.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful video! I can not get enough of it, everything is so perfect, the clips, music, and the story. I never thought such a fantastic video could be made using flashback clips since Claire has only had one that delt with off the island.

Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelina wrote:
The Real World by Lostaway. Both fics can be found at FF.net, and I highly recommend reading them if you haven't already! They might give you a clearer vision of the story to this vid as well.

Hey....hey, that's ME!!!!!

Wowza, thanks for the refference!

Your vid was great, I loved the scene where he's talking to Lucy and he keeps flashing back to his kiss with Claire! The clips were excellent, they fit the song perfectly.

Great vid! and thanks again!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelina wrote:
KajaM: Wow, thank-you very much for commenting! I know you aren't a huge Charlie fan, yet you usually comment on my vids - it's incredible that you can tolerate them. Thank-you for always giving me such lovely feedback, and for providing such inspiring vids yourself. I love your style, so it's beyond flattering to get reviews from you.

Thanks a lot!! Now you're really making me blush
Believe it or not, but I'm actually working on a Charlie vid myself at the moment... well, it's a Charlie/Hurley vid (friendship, not slash!! OMG! )

It's true that I don't like him much, but I don't mind watching Charlie or C/C vids at all. And I totally heart your C/C vids because they're always so well done and creative, too. You're a very good and talented vidder and that's why I can't wait to see your other vids
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOST_Fanatic: Awwww, thank-you! That means a lot to me. You're totally right; if there is one thing I learned while editing this video, it was that CLAIRE NEEDS MORE FLASHBACKS.

Lostaway: LOL, it's no problem! I ought to be thanking you for writing the fic. I was upset when it ended, but it did on a very nice, promising cliffhanger, and I loved every minute of it. So yes, thank-you for writing The Real World, AND for watching my video! I pretty much worship your AU stuff, so imagine my delight when I see that I got a review from you!

KajaM: Hey, it's you again! Rofl awww, if I made you blush, I have no regret whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned, you deserve all the praise it takes to make you go completely red. *cackles* Seriously, your stuff is amazing. I still fangirl over You're Beautiful - and how long ago did you make that?

A Charlie/Hurley vid? W00T, I can't wait! And lmao @ the slash comment. There was actually some heavy slashy Charlie/Hurley in Jimmy Kimmel's Lost: The Musical, and I've been scarred ever since, so thank Merlin your vid isn't slash.

Quote:
You're a very good and talented vidder and that's why I can't wait to see your other vids

Awh, thanks! Now you're making me blush, gah. It's a bloody vicious cycle!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL awesome One of the best AU's I've seen in a while! Loved the whole story you managed to tell despite there being not a SINGLE FLASHBACK TIDBIT WITH THEM EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TOGETHER . And even though the song just repeated itself without much help via the lyrics, you still managed to get the story across Factor in the awesome ending where Charlie fit in just perfectly, and this is a freakin awesome vid
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: