Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The BET-Jack is STRAIGHT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: The BET-Jack is STRAIGHT! Reply with quote

Announcement: Mainly directed toward Jake, Warren, and Enchirito: WATCH tonight to see that Jack in indeed straight. If Laura is wrong she will never use fade to white in her videos again. YUP. Thats how confident she is. Oh and NOoo well he kind of looked gay shit either--unless he is butt too or dancing naked in the mirror--i win. Now what do I get? Make it shiny-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have absolutly NO knowledge of tonights episode (I didn't even watch the preview) I don't think I should bet. But I will say this: I'll be highly disapointed if the sole purpose of this episode is to show that Jack is not gay.

plus you forgot asexual in your poll so I'm not voting. lol.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Since I have absolutly NO knowledge of tonights episode (I didn't even watch the preview) I don't think I should bet. But I will say this: I'll be highly disapointed if the sole purpose of this episode is to show that Jack is not gay.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still a bit sick so I just had the worse laughing/coughing fit of my life. Thank you. I did forget asexual--but i know you just voted gay. You have issues my friend LOL-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I didn't vote. maybe I should make my own poll...
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack is not GAY people...lol
well atleast thats my opinion.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
Actually I didn't vote. maybe I should make my own poll...

we need a MOONING smilie

goodgirl holly

Jake's Twin
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

my thoughts EXACTLY LOL

I haven't seen a single preview or spoiler either, so I ain't voting Laura
but even if he does make it with Kate and IS straight, we all know that the SECOND she dumps him he'll just cuddle up with Boone anyway... so this bet really can't be finished until lost finishes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he'll just cuddle up with Boone anyway...
Can I vote for that one?
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Quote:
Can I vote for that one?

KC which team are u on? lol

Jake's Twin
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(SPOILER)

DAMMIT!!! he's married!!!!??? >.<

Well there's always the possibility that she's secretly a guy... or he broke it off in the next week and ran off with someone...

In other news, I guess
Quote:
has a much bigger meaning now
nah.. too soon...
but in all seriousness that was a touching episode, seriously.

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean ME personally? Or which team am I on in the Jack is gay/straight debate?

Can't he be bi? (Okay, so I think he's straight, but can't a girl just enjoy the thought of the two of them cuddling?)

But if you're referring to my preference, well obviously I'm straight.

My episode descriptions to my friends who miss the show go something like this, "Jack was sitting there being hot, like usual, minding his own hot business, and then..."
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok the backstory tonight was WEAK. I'm not even entirely sure he is straight now LOL. He is still the finest male ass on the show-l

Jake's Twin
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares about the backstory being weak. It fit the theme of him being unable to let go... kinda surprised me with the end to ti though...
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
who cares about the backstory being weak. It fit the theme of him being unable to let go... kinda surprised me with the end to ti though...

I just wanted one last flashback to let us know what specifically he wouldn't let go. emotionaly? oh.....i'll just focus on the hot thing LOL-l

Jake's Twin
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pretty startled by the end of that flashback myself! He sure gave a good work up of the ol' "I'm just about to humiliate you in front of our friends and family on your 'special' day," now didn't he?

Now, y'all know that I try not to get within 10 feet of any possible Jack-bashing, since I figure that it's too easy to write me off as the Raving Sawyerette that I am (which must mean then that I'm Anti-Jack, right? No, actually I'm not). So, I'm being brave here and offering my opinion on the good doc and giving my reasons why I feel this way.

In answer to the poll, I voted no. I really don't think he's gay. My main issue has been that he often doesn't seem very interested in Kate for whatever reason. The main scene that summed it up for me was the famous "You checking me out?" I mean, here poor Kate is, flashing her jean-clad rear end at him, and Jack's zoned out, ignoring her! (Uh, I don't think I've ever come across a red-blooded male who would've been worried about diverting the waterfalls in the caves at that moment. Unless that was code for something else entirely! Kate's not exactly ugly, now is she?)

What would've made the difference to me would've been if, in answer to "you checking me out?" Jack would've looked embarrassed, stammered a bit, maybe shuffled his feet or something. He could've given her the exact same answer but then I would've felt like he was interested, though was trying not to show it. Make any sense?

At least in some of these later eps we've gotten to see a bit more...something out of Jack. I particularly liked that whole slightly stalkerish thing he did, watching her gather those seeds. No, really I did! If he's going to be the third part of this love triangle, then by jiminy, he needs to get in there and fight! C'mon, Jack! Show me some emotion, sell me on your hunka-hunka burning love for Kate! One thing you never have to wonder about Sawyer is if he's interested in her, now do you? I'd like to see just a bit more of that from Jack. He doesn't have to be a womanizer or a "playa," just more there when it comes to the romance angle. He can be reserved, he can have reasons for being standoffish (like, say, A WIFE??? Yow, does that ever mess with the Jaters or what? ), just so long as I can feel that, deep down, he is attracted to Kate. That's all I'm asking for.

So, IMO, Laura, your use of fade to white is safe (though you know these fellows will never admit it! ).

This now concludes my serious, thoughtful Jack discussion. I'll finish by saying that, if they ever reveal that Sawyer is gay, I'll go jump off my roof. Nuff said.

~Aislynn

PS - And speaking of Sawyer, I just found my way to the Lost-media forum board recently and guess what I discovered tonight? A Sawyer vid made by Laura! Yay! I have it downloading right now, can't wait to see it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: