Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your favorite songs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: What are your favorite songs? Reply with quote

I know we're all big fans of music here....hence the amount of vid ideas we all get! So I'm just wondering, what are you guys' favorite songs at the moment, and why? Do you just like them, or do they have some greater significance? These are my current faves:

1) If Today was Your Last Day (Nickelback) - I dunno what it is about this song....but for some reason I tear up (in a good way) every time I hear it. I just think it has a great message - to make the most of your time on Earth, because life is short!

2) Her Diamonds (Rob Thomas) - This one reminds me a LOT of my best friend....she's suffering from bipolar disorder, and I dunno how many of you have been in situations like mine, but I can tell you it's a tough thing to be friends with someone like this, because you just don't know what you can do to help her.

3) Teardrops on My Guitar (Taylor Swift) - First of all, I just plain LOVE Taylor Swift, and of all her songs, this is the one I relate most to. Makes me think of the guy I like....and anyway, who HASN'T been in this situation?

4) I'm Yours (Jason Mraz) - This one makes me smile is all. It's very happy and fun to sing.

5) Gives You Hell (All-American Rejects) - Hehe! This one amuses me, it's upbeat and bouncy and fun to sing and ....I dunno. It's amusing! Also, the music video is hilarious to me, so I think that's also a factor. XD

Those are my top choices at the moment....and as time goes by I'll have new favorites. So what are YOURS?

art by me&tammy
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh it's hard trying to narrow it down!

1. "Monument" by A Day To Remember. It's just amazing.

2. "Heart of Fire" by innerpartysystem. All their songs sound epic, and this ones no different. The lyrics and general meaning of the song are something tht I can kinda relate to.

3."Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste" by Norma Jean. They're one of my fave bands and this songs been around forever but I've been listening to it again,ALOT. I loved the old sound of Norma Jean, the way their sounds totally change midway through, and the album this song is from just takes me back.

4. "there is no business to be done on a dead planet" by All Shall Perish.BEST.BREAKDOWN.EVER. seriously.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In no paticular order::

1) Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA
Okay, hands up, I admit it, I love Miley. Don't shoot me. This song is so catchy.

2) Jennette McCurdy - So Close
This girl isn't well-known enough. She's only 17, but has an amazing voice.

3) Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Gotta love Frankie.

4) Ashley Tisdale - What If
I've only got into this song recently ... really powerful and sweet.

5) Katy Perry - Lost
Nothing to do with the show. A real sweet, slow song.

6) Taylor Swift - Picture To Burn
I <3 this girl, it's difficult to single one of her songs out that I love, but I think the lyrics for this song give it the win.

7) Aly Michalka - Someone To Fall Back On
A really moving song from the soundtrack to the film Bandslam. You should go see it, by the way. You will not be disappointed - it's much better than the trailers and posters make it seem.

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me To The Moon (In Other Words)
I'm gonna try not to say any more Sinatra songs, because he's just fabulous.

9) Melanie C - Carolyna
A long time favourite of mine, with an addictive tune and moving lyrics.

10) Kelly Clarkson - Don't Waste Your Time
A real deep meaning of giving up comes with this song, which at first may not seem so great but really grows on you.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, I love Picture to Burn! Was actually thinking about vidding that song....might still try that at some point. Not for Lost though.

art by me&tammy
jobypollard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite songs are:

How Do I Live, Trisha Yearwood
I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston
You Light up My Life,Debby Boone
My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion
Will Always Love You,Dolly Parton

I hope you like one of them.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I could list songs all day. I have a different favorite song every couple of minutes, but I'll only pick a handful that I just cannot stop listening to.

Zombie by The Cranberries-I listened to this song a couple of months ago for the first time in years. I just cannot stop listening to it. It's so catchy, and very different from any other Cranberries song I've listened to.

Set The Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Patrol-I've heard this song once or twice, but never really caught on. Then I watched the trailer for Dear John and just fell in love with it. It's just so powerful and beautifully written.

All The Right Moves by OneRepublic-It's hard pressed to find a OneRepublic song I don't like. They're beats are just so very catchy.

What If by Safetysuit-I just love this band. Their songs are just very relatable, and I enjoy almost all of their music, but this song just pulls on my heart strings every time I hear it.

Tik Tok by Kesha-I used to hate this song because it was EVERYWHERE. Now, i just can't listen to it enough. It's so catchy.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have way too many favorites, but here's a list of absolute favorites:

"Under Pressure" - David Bowie & Queen
"1979" - Smashing Pumpkins
"Merry Happy" - Kate Nash
"Hey Jude" - Beatles
"Across the Universe" - Beatles
"Dancing with Myself" - Billy Idol
"Bittersweet Symphony" - The Verve
"My Rollercoaster" - Kimya Dawson
"Shelter from the Storm" - Bob Dylan
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of these, I won't touch for a video, for obvious reasons.

Billie Holliday: Strange Fruit
Woody Guthrie: Deportees
Arlo Guthrie: Darkest Hour
Sam Cooke: A Change Is Gonna Come
Elvis Costello: Allison
Warren Zevon: Veracruz
Dave Carter/Tracy Grammer: Ordinary Town and Gentle Arms of Eden (working on a video for one of those at the moment)
David Byrne: Life Is Long
Talking Heads: (Nothing But) Flowers (which I can also video, because it's tongue in cheek)
Joni Mitchell: Circle Game
Bruce Springsteen: For You
Fishbone: Unyielding Conditioning (which would also be OK to video)
Billy Bragg/Wilco: Remember the Mountain Bed (lyrics by Woody Guthrie)
Joan Armatrading: Show Some Emotion
Big Country: Look Away
Jellyfish: Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
Squeeze: Satisfied
XTC: Dear God
Black 47: Fire of Freedom
Jeff Buckley: Hallelujah

... there are tons of others, but these are those which occurred to me at the moment. I'm sure I'll come back and edit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: