Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman Returns vid!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Superman Returns vid!! Reply with quote

Ok, I finally finished it after many hours of re-rendering.
The quality isn't that great but you can still see it.
Hope you likey!

Superman Returns vid
Description: Mainly Clark centric with a little bit of Clois thrown in.
Song: 23 by Jimmy Eat World
Length: 3:41 (13.5 MB wmv)
Link: http://www.zshare.net/video/superman-returns_23-wmv.html
Link #2 (High Res version - 53 MB): http://files.filefront.com/Superman_Returns_vid_largewmv/;5234019;;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy!
Comments are always appreciated.

Last edited by Hollywood on Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading now Holls

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Holly, that was awesome! You captured the movie so well, and used all of the best scenes(no Lex...yay. ). And the effects you used were really cool. Great vid.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so awesome, Holls! It was so sweet and romantic! Great job!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME vid Holls!!
Me heart JImmy Eat World and the lyrics were so spot on. Great editing as usual. Awesome work!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Holly that was unfreaking believable you did a great job, reminded me again of how great the movie was
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks everyone. I'm really glad you liked it. I appreciate the comments.

Here's the large/high res version. 53 MB
http://files.filefront.com/Superman_Returns_vid_largewmv/;5234019;;/fileinfo.html

Now I'm off to bed. Wonderland in the morning. Woot!
Nighty night!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo... I don't usually download vids that size ... but this one's worth it downloading now

night Hols
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, beautiful vid, Holly! Great great work! Make me wanna go to the movies and see SR.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing vid, Holly! (Or should that be "super vid!" *snort* Sorry... )

I'd been planning on seeing POTC this week but now I'm wanting to see SR as well, all because of your awesome vid! Really beautiful job! *saves hi res version*
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly, awesome job! It almost...almost makes me wanna see it...LOL. I'll wait for DVD though.

Everyone already said what I would say, and I totally agree! Wicked job!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect vid Holly, and I mean that in the perfect form I love a vid that doesn't just clip to the beats, but manages to make the very sound of the music itself fit to the scenes in the song amazing! And I loved how it didn't just confine itself to chronological order.
Not to mention you did it without spoiling the others much

Quote:
I'd been planning on seeing POTC this week but now I'm wanting to see SR as well, all because of your awesome vid!

You really should Ais. It's above and beyond what a Superhero movie should be

I hope this thing doesn't get Lost in this busy Whatever section Holly I was downloading the high res version, and when I tried to come back here and get into the thread it took me a little while to realize it was this far down in here The TV and Movies forum is a safer place I'd wager.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT! lol.. finally got to see it. One word - AMAZING! I loved it! LOL I can see you really love the whole 'Clois' thing anways, awesome vid! .. wheres my BC vid? ... ill ttyl Wonka
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the other night I was kind've in a hurry to post this vid up and go to bed that I didn't leave proper thanks to everyone. So I'm gonna thank ya'll individually if thats alright.

marcus ~ Thanks a bunch, glad you enjoyed it. lol and yes, no Lex!
Even though I didn't mind Lex in the movie I still didn't feel like putting him in there. I wanted it to be more of a Clark vid (and Clois too of course ) then anything else. I'll probably make another SR vid after the DVD comes out anyways and then I'll add Lex in. No, I'll make an entire vid about Lex and dedicate it to Nate. LOL
You think he'll love it?

Mars ~ Thanks Linda! Happy you liked it. Love the banner btw. Can't wait to see the movie.

lostzilla ~ Thanks Naters. I'm really happy you liked it. I heart Jimmy Eat World too.

fallen_angel ~ Heya Vicky! Haven't talked to you in a while. How ya been? Thanks for the cool feedback. Glad you enjoyed it. and yes I agree, this movie was diffinitely great. I absolutely loved it. I even heard theres gonna be a SR sequel coming out in 2009 with possibly a third as well.
Don't know exactly know if this is true or not but if it is I so can't wait!! and I so hope Brandon Routh signs on again. How awesome was he as Clark/Superman? I just love him now.

Here's some links I found about it.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0770828/
http://www.themovieinsider.com/movies/mid/3371/Untitled_Superman_Returns_Sequel_Project
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060306h.php

KajaM ~ Thanks Karolina, I'm glad you liked it too. You should diffinately go see it. It's one of my favs now.

Aislynn ~ LOL Thanks Ais! Glad you enjoyed it. and yes, you should diffinietely go see this movie too. Maybe after you see POTC. Or you could wait for the DVD like Steph. lol. But it's a good one to see in the theaters.

Fan4Lost ~ lol Thanks Steph. happy you liked it. Thats cool that you're gonna wait for the dvd but I think you'd love it more seeing it at a theater. You know, with the surround sound, the huge screen, the popcorn, all the action. You're missing out.

Hobbes ~ Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, H! I'm thrilled you liked it. Oh and thanks for suggesting that the vid should be moved into the TV and Movies section. I was in such a rush to post it I didn't really think about where it should've actually went. lol.

Anyway, I moved it as you can see. Thanks again.

BtVSfreak ~ There you are Harry. lol. Took long enough. Thanks for the cool comments. Glad you loved it.
and YES! I love Clois! Always have and always will. You gotta admit though that Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth had awesome Chemistry in the movie. I don't think they could picked a better match to play the roles of Clark and Lois then those two.
Plus Brandon Routh is pretty damn hot so that kind've helped too. lol.

Oh and ah, you're BC vid is still in the works but I don't know if I'm ever gonna finsih it or not. You gotta understand how hard it is to make a 3 minute vid about a movie that basically takes place in one room. lol. It's EXTREMELY hard.
But I'll try to finish it sometime. I also still have to finish my Micheal vid for Ed. lol.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. I really, really appreciate all the comments and feedback. Means alot to me.
Go see this movie if you haven't yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Holly,

That was such an amazing vid I think we will have to start calling you Supergirl!!! Everything in this vid was just so perfect. You matched the lyrics, you edited to the music, you showed all the great scenes from the movie and you did an amazing job telling the story of the movie. The whole vid had such an emotional and heroic feel to it. As always I am in awe of your vidding skills.

Lyric matching: Your lyric matching in this vid was so perfect. Especially because you matched the lyrics through emotions instead of literally(I hope that makes sense LOL) My point is I've never seen anyone do better lyric matching than what you did in this vid. Two of my favorite matches were. “No one else will know that part of me” which you matched to Clark putting back on his glasses. Perfect scene to show Clark's inability to have a normal life and his need to hide behind his secret identity.

Storytelling: I was very very impressed how you not only hit all the lyric matches but also managed to tell the entire story of the movie. I don't think I've ever seen a vid do both 100% of the vid before. So once again I'm in awe of you.

Effects: Amazing and effective use of effects throughout the vid. You put together all those doubled scenes of Clark and Lois perfectly. You have a great eye for picking the right scenes and putting them together flawlessly to form an emotoional scene. Your use of other effects like the fadethrough and overlays were perfect as well. Finally, don't know if you would call this an effect, but I loved the use of the lower3rds credits at the end!

Editing: Of course your editing was inovative and perfect too. You matched every rise and fall in the music with perfect timing. And cool use of the flashes like at 41 and 1:49 where you matched the loud "bam" in the music with a perfectly timed flash. Also great use of motion editing at 239-42 and 3:10-312. You matched the feel and movement of the music with the movement of those scenes and the editing never felt choppy or jumpy.

Scene selection: You are the queen of scene selection too. Every scene from the opening of Superman in space and the cool Superman symbol at 0:13 to the awesome ending credits were perfectly chosen and flowed so well from one to another.

There is so much more I could praise but I think you understand how much I loved the vid!!! Thanks so much for making it and you rule Supergirl Holly!

Keith
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandom Videos Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: