Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im new to making Video's and I need some help...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FATE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Im new to making Video's and I need some help... Reply with quote

I just recently made my first attempt at a Music Video, using the only program I have, Windows Movie Maker 1, and i think it turned out alright.

Since then i have been searcing in vain for help to my two biggest questions...

1. Is there anyway i can watermark my video using WMM (1)...IE in the corner or whatever...

and 2. How can I get my video on my website? I use tripod to make my websites, and it has a video section to put videos up...but that way takes FOREVER to upload and it hardly works for anyone who wants to watch it...

So i was wondering....how can I get my video on my website like the professionals do (Lost Video Island lol) Having a link to "Save Target As" so people can watch it....

So...Id be absolutly grateful if somebody could help!

Check out http://theillusions.tk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

officially there aren't any watermarks possible, but you CAN use the titles and credits thing, choose "subtitles" for effect, and type whatever initials or whatever you want (you can even use one of those funky fonts) and align it to the right side. It works as a watermark that way at least and thanks for going to the trouble with them all!
The only way to be successful with WMM is by being resourceful

btw, that wasn't my idea, I stole it from a thread that I now cannot find

as for the site thing: don't ask me.. >.< hopefully Enchirito is lurking around here...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
but you CAN use the titles and credits thing, choose "subtitles" for effect, and type whatever initials or whatever you want (you can even use one of those funky fonts) and align it to the right side.

Unless your version of WMM 1 is different than mine, FATE, (always a possibility!) then it doesn't have titles, credits or anything even remotely like that. When I first started vidding, one of my cousins kept sending me these cool vids with neat "Star Wars" style titles and insisted that they were made with WMM. All I had to do was go to the tab marked "titles" and there they would be. I thought I'd lost my mind because I turned that program inside out trying to find the "titles" tab. Turns out, there just isn't one! At least on mine, as I said.

And that sucks like a fleet of Hoovers, let me tell you! Grrr...

Hobbes wrote:
The only way to be successful with WMM is by being resourceful

Ah, truer words have never been spoken, my friend...

Anyway, good luck with your vids, FATE. And if you find a way to get WMM 1 to do titles, PLEASE tell me how you did it, won't you???

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remind me AGAIN, WHY are you on WMM1????? Every computer is SUPPOSED To have service pack two. It's DANGEROUS not to >.<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine came with 1 I think, and I just went to the Microsoft site and upgraded to service pack 2. It's free.

Titles and Credits are in the Tools menu. Even with SP2, I don't have a tab, it's on the menu bar under Tools.

Also, with that method of watermark (and I was the one who said that about how to do it), you have to choose for your "title" to be ON the clip. Be careful tho, cause you can't have 2 titles on clips at the same time...
FATE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Thankx Reply with quote

Thankx guys Ill try that...

Oooh and Yes I do have the windows service pack 2...the whole reason i have it is because I thought that it was supposed to give me WMM 2....but alas....nothing changed...except i got an updated anti-virus...and the load bar if blue instead of green...i sooooo got ripped off...lol...

Ill get back to you on how my watermarking went...and hopefully somebody who OWNS a video site will jump in here with some help as to hosting etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and why doesn't this one work too?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
remind me AGAIN, WHY are you on WMM1????? Every computer is SUPPOSED To have service pack two. It's DANGEROUS not to >.<

Alas, my computer has serious compatibility issues with the SP2, which is why I'm winging it with the SP1. I crawled all over Microsoft's site last night, trying to figure out if there was a way to get WMM 2 without the "Install Me And Never Run Again" SP2. Finally found the specs for WMM 2 and its OS is the SP2. So I'm just flat out o' luck. My choices are: Dead computer or Title Free, Clip Speed Control Free, Transitions Free WMM. And yes, I'm skirting the whole danger issue too.

I don't think that WMM 1 has a Tools option (I'd call it up and look but since I'm already online -- my ISP being an active application -- then it would crash the computer. Fun, huh? ) You ought to see me trying to build an animation: open Paintshop Pro, create a couple of frames, close PSP, open Animation Shop, build the animation, close AS, open WMM -- wait for a while -- plug the animation in. If there's something wrong with it, (and unless I'm just blindly lucky, then there is) then close WMM -- wait for a while, it takes forever! -- then open PSP if the problem was graphical or open AS if the problem was with the timing, repeat to infinity.

Sorry, I just drifted away into a rant there, didn't I? I'd just love to have enough RAM to have 2 graphics applications open at the same time! Or even -- gasp! -- all 3 of them so I don't have to wait for the loading/unloading procedures. And what about being able to be on the Internet at the same time, so if I needed a new pic or something, I could just -- more gasping! -- go and get it right then??? No, that would be too much. I-- I just couldn't handle it! Let us speak of it no more!!! *dramatic faint*

Note: Please send great quantities of sympathy to: Aislynn @ BigTimeWhinyVidderGirl.com

Sorry for venting there. It's been a looooong day... Y'all still love me anyway, even if I'm whiny? *makes big puppy dog eyes*

And thanks for the concern, Hobbes. Now returning control of this thread back to FATE. Sorry about the temporary hijacking there...

~Aislynn

PS - If you have the SP2, then it was supposed to give you WMM 2, BTW. But, believe me, I've learned the hard way that you can tell software what it's supposed to do until you're blue in the face and sometimes all it does is laugh at you! If you've checked your version and know it's still WMM 1, then you probably shouldn't have a problem just downloading 2. Let me/us know how it turns out, huh?

PPS - Worth noting that I'm shocked to find this post here because when I clicked Preview everything crashed!!! Well, at least it didn't post me as "Guest" as it has before! Oy...
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Aislynn!!! **passes a bottle of rum** Hope this makes ya feel at least a little bit better.

If not, we have comfy chairs, lemonade and infinite vids over here at Crowe House, if you want.

B
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*accepts bottle of rum, has it promptly stolen by Captain Jack Sparrow*

Well! That's just my luck, huh?

Ah, much thanks for the sympathy. Sometimes you just need to vent your vidding woes, now don't you? *realizes I'm the only one who's been griping* Uhhhh, well, anytime anybody wants to vent their own vidding woes, I'm here for ya!

~Aislynn

And hey, did you say infinite vids??? Those are two of my most favorite words! (Next to "Shirtless Sawyer," of course... ) Is that your sig link you're talking about, then? Cause I'm ALL for infinite vids!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD's. As in to watch while sitting in the comfy chairs whilst sipping fresh squeezed lemonade...

Something like that!
FATE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Um... Reply with quote

Um...I already have the service pack 2 downloaded....and....um...is there any OTHER way I would be able to get WMM2 because i really dont want to download the service pack again...

Oh...and as to the watermark....Is there anyway I can get the words in the BOTTOM corner....because I can get it to work...but its either in the middle...in the middle on the right or left....it looks soooo messy in the middle...Can it be moved to the bottom and be less obvious?

Lol...So many questions...so little time...

*Try's to steal rum back from Capt. Jack....doest succeed*

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing.... use the "enter" key and move it down I don't know, never used it you'll just have to experiment with it a bit and see if oyu can get it working
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA5763 wrote:
DVD's. As in to watch while sitting in the comfy chairs whilst sipping fresh squeezed lemonade...

Something like that!

Heh heh, you'll have to pardon me, I'd just spent most of that night searching for vid sites and those two words infinite vids caused my eyes to roll back in my head... Thanks again for the sympathy, though. It just so happens that I loooove DVDs. Can't hardly wait for Lost Season 1 to come out in Sept (I think)!!! Yippee!

*Captain Jack runs by again, try to trip him but he gets away* Ah, that Jack and his rum...

FATE wrote:
Um...I already have the service pack 2 downloaded....and....um...is there any OTHER way I would be able to get WMM2 because i really dont want to download the service pack again...

Try going to Microsoft's site and following the links to their downloads page. Any place it gives you a Search option, look for "Windows Movie Maker 2 download" or something like that. I know I stumbled across a page that would've let me download WMM 2 by itself but since it requires the SP2 to run it, it wouldn't have helped me. Sorry that I don't still have the direct link to that page, but hopefully this will get you close enough! Good luck!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this one is it.... maybe
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: