Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, Ed...except for about three terrible ones, but I can accept that.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
I agree with you, Ed...except for about three terrible ones, but I can accept that.

Which episodes do you mean? (Apart from "?", obviously)
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the jin and sun flashbacks. And the shannon and boone ones. And the locke ones. And especially the sawyer ones (they got me my first CP ). oh and the desmond ones because he's awesome (we need more british blood on the island!!!!)

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shankle wrote:
oh and the desmond ones because he's awesome (we need more british blood on the island!!!!)

Definitely! I so love the British accent(s)!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
marcus wrote:

Which episodes do you mean? (Apart from "?", obviously)

"Adrift" and "...And Found".

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
ON TOPIC:
Stupid Charlie and his stupid flashbacks.
I worked very hard to make you change your mind about this... They do have a point, you know.

Shankle wrote:
I LOVE THE FLASHBACKS I THINK THEY COMPLEMENT THE ISLAND SCENE VERY NICELY AND HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THE CHARACTERS BETTER.
ITA. I love the flashbacks too... I'm more of a characther development person than a mythology person. Give me characters over island monsters! (apart from Adrift, worst Lost episode ever, IMHO)
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcus wrote:
"Adrift" and "...And Found".

Now, see, I can't agree that the flashbacks of "Adrift" were bad or pointless. I can agree that they were badly placed and it should've been the friggin' Sawyer flashback ep as originally planned, but that is not the fault of the ep. Or the writers. Or poor Michael.

cylune wrote:
ITA. I love the flashbacks too... I'm more of a characther development person than a mythology person. Give me characters over island monsters! (apart from Adrift, worst Lost episode ever, IMHO)

IAWTC.

sig by niki blue

Last edited by ChicaFrom3 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auggggh, Adrift! I wanted to throw something, preferrably at Michael. But then that damn plushie polarbear came along, and I decided that I couldn't hate him. Plus, he and Sawyer had some greats scenes with the immature splashing.

...but it was still extremely boring for the 2nd episode of the season. I actually love Michael, and I feel bad for him in every flashback, but Adrift didn't do it for me. At least he redeemed himself with Three Minutes!

cylune wrote:
I worked very hard to make you change your mind about this... They do have a point, you know.

They do! Seriously. They may be dull to some people, but they actually tie in with what's going on at the island. I'm looking at you, Jack.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sweet. I'm looking forward to having my mind changed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Distress Signal
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a show like this, flashbacks are extremely important. We need to know more information about who the characters are, which has a LOT to do with what they've done before the island, and stuff like that. You just can't have survivor characters you barely know running around the jungle, or else that'd be a stupid show.

Can you even imagine what Walkabout would be like, or what our opinions on Locke would be had we not seen those flashbacks? Those were PERFECT. Admit it. Admit it, Hobbes.

Plus at the end of Deus Ex Machina, how could you not get really emotional over that? And the flashback scene were he was screaming and then broke down in his car crying, juxtaposed with him flash-forwarded crying over the hatch...that was nothing short of a brilliant storytelling device.

And suddenly getting off the island for a bit into all sorts of different parts of the world, different cultures and different sorts of situations with these individuals....that's a major part of the fascinating, connective world of Lost. Flashbacks are a huge priority on this show. And even if we're bored with the same old characters getting more flashback time, what about the others? Henry? The origins of the Dharma initiative, or the island itself? Wouldn't you want to learn more about that?

I think I've made my point here. But I won't be entering this contest either. Too hard to be original, and like last time, I thought about the possibility at the last moment...not enough time for it now.

sig by IslandofMystery
ashy_rulz88
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey.

Here's my vid. I'm quite proud of it.

Enjoy the vid here
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was great, ashy_rulz88. Loved how you compared people from his past to people in the present, and some I didn't really expect...Locke and Liam was something I had never really seen before. Great job.

Btw, DS, those were great points. I agree, the show would completely suck without flashbacks...we just don't realise it a lot of the time....but sorry Chica, I still don't see what new things we learnt from the "Adrift" flashbacks.

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We learned that Michael gave Walt a polar bear toy
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooooooohh....amazing....

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distress Signal wrote:
Plus at the end of Deus Ex Machina, how could you not get really emotional over that? And the flashback scene were he was screaming and then broke down in his car crying, juxtaposed with him flash-forwarded crying over the hatch...that was nothing short of a brilliant storytelling device.

Amen! It's still one of my favourite moments of the whole series!

Distress Signal wrote:
And even if we're bored with the same old characters getting more flashback time, what about the others? Henry? The origins of the Dharma initiative, or the island itself? Wouldn't you want to learn more about that?

You're quite right here! I really hope there'll be some flashbacks about the Others in the next season, so yeah, the flashbacks should probably stay on the show. But I hope they'll come up with some new ideas for the old characters... I'm kinda tired of the same old "Katie-is-a-badass" story
Plus, I want to find out more about Christian and his mysterious Australian daughter, about Sarah and whom she ran off with and about Libby, of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: