Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"This is War" how to fix it....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: "This is War" how to fix it.... Reply with quote

Got my rejection letter today(that was fast ) and it said the video has "potential". What should I do to fix it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for picking up on that! We loved the overall story thing to it, it just needs a bit of tweaking in the technical department. I think you can find these out on other topics here, and since it's 2:30 AM here I really don't want to have to describe them all, but here goes:

-Aspect ratio was wacky
-the changes from one scene to another could really use transitions (basic ones, like fades) in order to fix it and make it easier on the eyes (green background -> black raining scene = eye pain and random feel)
-That, and a shorter song COULD be helpful, but that's just recommended.

Loved the angsty feel to it and the story with the song. Fix those things up and this thing could stand a chance of making it through. However, all that fixing is a lot of work, so don't worry about it if you don't want to.
Eyes... very sleepy.... forgive me... >.<

okay, so if you try and fix it up, just give it a try to fix all that, and if you can't figure it out, message back here again and I'll TRY and help you with them lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is there a way I can change the aspect ratio without having to download the clips from a place where it's the same size as the others?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhh, you could use Dr. Divx to crop the top and bottom black bars from the entire episode. This takes a long time of course, but it saves you a lot of trouble in the future. then in order to fix your video, you need to replace those old clips of the widescreen version with fullscreen ones manually...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: