Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Cavalcade of Silvers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: A Cavalcade of Silvers! Reply with quote

OK, so four out of my last five vids have been silver, but only one gold, and it seems to have plateaued out, if you will.

I know Hobbes thinks I choose long and anticlimactic songs, and I'm certainly still learning WMM (though am getting better, I think - look at the latest stuff compared to my earliest videos - Poor Poor Pitiful Me, Will the Wolf Survive?, and You Can Call Me Al, if memory serves, were the first three I made, though not the first three I submitted.

Any general critiques anyone wants to toss my way? It seems like either the council likes my stuff, just "not enough," or half of the council likes it and half of it doesn't, so there's a lot of compromising.

However, as I'm taking Hobbes' advice with my song picks - 'Me Myself I' is a shorter song with a climax - I don't know what else I could have done to the last vid to make it better. If there's something I am just not cluing in on when it comes to videos, knock yourself out.

I'm thinking half of it is song choice, but there is no way you're getting me to do John Mayer or Nelly Furtado or whatever, so there's that. I will represent the relative oldies, heh.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6884
but my advice for you would be the same as I did before: you need a song with a climax, and you need to use it really well. A solid story defintiely wouldn't hurt either, and a shorter song... lol.
I don't think it's a half-like-half-don't thing though, since we don't really look at the vidder name when voting, just vote however we thought the vid was. The Pills and Soap one kinda surprised me actually... but that just goes to show you how powerful a bit of originality can be.
Your refusal to pick songs that have any sort of beat or structure for vidding may make this struggle a lot harder, just so you know but it is possible with the right combination of llength, story, beat use, and anything you can think of to keep a viewer's attention
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: