Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Milestone for LVI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Milestone for LVI Reply with quote

When we launched LVI 1.0 on November 16, 2004 we never dreamed of what this site would become. In less then two months we had such an overwhelming response to the site that we had to upgrade to LVI 2.0 and to the new Council format. Then just a little over four months after launching we had to make yet another change to a Torrent format which would become known as LVI 3.0 . This latest change saved LVI from going the way of so many other sites that get shut down due to bandwidth. We can all thank Enchirito for that amazing 11th hour save. A decision that has now eased all bandwidth concerns.

But that's not what this topic is about. We were all worried that the change over to LVI 3.0 would scare some people off due to the torrents so we watched the site numbers carefully. But we didn't take any negative hits from the change instead we reached all time site high numbers.

In a milestone moment for LVI we excedded over 2 MILLION overall site hits. I just wanted to let all of you know this and extend the gratitude of the LVI Council members. This happened because you guys keep making your amazing videos and keep spreading the word about us. LVI is here for all of you so we just want to thank you for sticking with us through the changes and everything else.

We will continue to do our best to keep LVI running at it's highest possible standards in order to give back to all of you for your support.

On behalf of the LVI Council, thank you for supporting us and making the videos all of you make. We're doing something unique here and all of you are a part of it.

As long as there is a demand we will keep revolutionizing the way fan videos are made and distributed.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
wmfluteplayer23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be having trouble using the new program. Everytime that I try to download a video, it says,"ERROR, Bad Data From Tracker." I don't know what is causing this. I really want to get it fixed so I can watch the videos. They are so funny. I love this site. Please keep the site up and running so I can keep watching. Please help me with my problem so that I can watch them again. Thanks
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to help you we need to know what Torrent client you are using and how you are saving them to your computer. Do you right click and do save as or do you double click on it? Telling us your process to loading the torrents will help us help you.

www.lostvideo.net
wmfluteplayer23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried both ways of downloading, I have right clicked and saved and double clicked on it. I also had problems with the contest winners videos. I download them, but when I go to open them, it says,"Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you download this file, try downloading the file again." I download it again, but it still doesn't work. I have never had problems with this site until now. I don't know what's wrong. I downloaded the torrent program from this site by clicking easy download and when that didn't work, I went to the Bit Tornado wedsite and downloaded it from there, but it still doesn't work. Please help me.
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...I'm not sure what to tell you. Try and catch Enchirito or Hobbes online because I'm sure one of them can help you solve the problem. Try posting in the Vidding help forum as well and maybe someone there could help give you some advice on the problem you're having. If I catch either Enchirito or Hobbes on I'll address the problems you're having with them and see if they have any ideas.

www.lostvideo.net
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try and catch Enchirito or Hobbes online because I'm sure one of them can help you solve the problem.

make that just Enchirito lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post this on it's own topic and be as specific as possible with what you do and what results you get. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: