Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Contest Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once wrote a poem about BR that got me fired from there cause I posted on the backroom bulletin board. LOL. I should see if I can find it.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31Flavors wrote:
I used to work in a BR and now I own one lol...didn't know what the heck i was gettin into lol well sort of did but you know how it is.....

Sounds like me with LVI...lol. Everything is great in idea then it comes into being and you realize it's a lot more work then you imagined. In LVI's case I just underestimated how wellit would be received.

I think they are looking for the screenname you entered your video under. Like "Enchirito" or "JakeNRoland" what was the screenname you entered your video under. Or better yet tell us your e-mail address (you can PM one us if you don't want it posted publicly) and we can look at the entries that way.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
I once wrote a poem about BR that got me fired from there cause I posted on the backroom bulletin board. LOL. I should see if I can find it.

They fired you after 6 years working there because of a poem?!? That must have been one helluva poem!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... well, no. That was the FIRST time they fired me. LMAO. I was fired twice and quit twice. The six years was more of an ON/OFF thing. BR was kinda my security blanket between various gigs. It's bizarre how many places I've worked and yet not really done anything.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
31Flavors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, first off if you could recall the poem lol I would love to hear it....I am all for free speech, besides how bad could it have been?? for real, if you got fired for that I would have walked with ya....I would loved it if an employee used some creativity to tell about the (hell) we go through on a daily basis i would give them a raise LOL

LC...don't i know it....U know it was all very enthralling when I first jumped into it, but 6 years later, still single and tired and may I say cranky too I wish I had made a few other choices...it aint easy....being cheesy..lol ok that was bad!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I left that part out too. The poem actually got two of us fired because I was NICE enough to put a coworkers name down who helped me on ONE verse. LOL. That was a great phone call I had to make, "Uh, I don't know how to say this, but uhh, I kinda got you fired cause I put your name on that poem." LOL. She was cool about it though.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh.

Well, the best part of having a job you don't like is seeing just how much you can get away with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao well u had to give her credit...it was only right! It cracks me up how you went back and forth at the BR...sounded like a kid i knew when i work for a BR before i bought one...lol this kid used to quit, get axed and always seem to be on a shift the next day! LOL
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it a quick gander and can't find it. I may have lost it completely when my computer crashed awhile back. I look harder later but I don't think it's gonna be good. It's too bad too cause it was about 13 stanzas of pure BR hatred. It was truly beautiful. I'll definitely look for it and keep you updated.

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31Flavors wrote:
lmao well u had to give her credit...it was only right! It cracks me up how you went back and forth at the BR...sounded like a kid i knew when i work for a BR before i bought one...lol this kid used to quit, get axed and always seem to be on a shift the next day! LOL

Yeah, that describes either me, or this other character Jerome, who also worked there forever. He may still be there for all I know. Jerome was a 24 hour permanent high stereotypic ghetto black guy that was about the funnies thing to ever hit BR. One time he came running in like 30 minutes late for his shift and as he darted in the back he said, "If the po-leece come by here, you ain't never heard of 'Rome." I should write a BR script. Could be like an ice cream Clerks.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
I should write a BR script. Could be like an ice cream Clerks.

YES! That is the greatest idea ever!!! You really should, I like this Jerome guy already.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those still paying attention to the tangent and not the actualy subject matter of this thread, here's another little Jerome moment at BR...

The owner had to call an ambulance for Jerome because he used to go sit in the freezer because he would get hot (I don't know why) and he fell asleep in the freezer and was there for like an hour or two before the owner found him, still asleep, practically unconsious. LOL. He too was subsequently fired and then later rehired.

Baskin Robbins: Where Wonders Never Cease!!

Last edited by JakeNRoland on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
megatrip17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey whats up guys. My sis (31flavors) said she posted here and was talking about BR so I HAD to come check it out.

Jake- I can't believe that guy fell asleep in the freezer. Man its like -25 in our freezer, he'd be a "Rome" popsicle. I put on like 10 shirts when I go in.

hey if anyone watches our vid let us know what u think. I mean I know its not going to compare to astarte's or lostzilla's or anyone of the other awesome vids everyone did but hey its our first time.......lol.

Hobbes-I think we posted our vid under my name......Megatrip17 maybe???
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Charmax, do you have ur Opening Credits theme in WMV cuz l can't watch ur's. l really want to see it and l can't download Real Media cuz everytime l try the site boots me off. So if theres anyway l'd really appreciate it if you or someone else could help me see the #1 winning Vid. THANX
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this link kick you?
http://forms.real.com/netzip/arcade.html?h=software-dl.real.com&r=132e44fdb126d0450005&f=windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe

if so, try this one:
http://www.real.com/R/RDX.fail-click.R/software-dl.real.com/132e44fdb126d0450005/windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: