Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Contest Results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for that encouragment!! It really means a lot to me. I don't really think I knew what I was getting myself into with the contest, finding the song alone was a challenge, then fitting it all into a 1:30 was even harder, so I know I squished it a bit at the end. After visiting LVI I thoght I'd open up WMM and see how it worked, then tried out the contest, not the best thing to start with! But I'm surprised I got the few comments I did, thanks again, I needed that encouragment Maybe I'll try something again in the future, just because I was so surprised someone actually liked mine I thought every entry was awesome (I downloaded the torrent), and I don't doubt that it was a tough decision! But you picked wisely, all great choices
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I liked this site so much I submitted a video for the March Contest. I was a little surprised to even make honorable mention. From what I've seen of everyone elses, there are fantastic.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, this was a REALLY tough challenge. I read it, and was like "oh, Ive had ideas blah blah blah". I printed it out and even my sister (who makes fun of me mercilessly for my demented hobby) woke me up to tell me some ideas she had for it (shes never even seen one whole episode). But then I got there, I must say for me, the music always comes first. I spent days "auditioning" different pieces- I wanted something maybe with some ethereal vocals, but maybe some kind of like "tribal" elements. Gosh I ended up splicing together2 different pieces of music (the first part was from Atlantis: The Lost Empire sdtk) and the other was the music from the new Battlestar Galactica. Char- I would have never even thought of the White Stripes- well done, I love that song!

Anyway then the video part was awful- like everyone I had the worst time trying to fit all those actors into 1:30. Boy oh boy, it was really tough. Thanks again for the honorable mention, and Im definitely entering next months.

RS
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I liked this site so much I submitted a video for the March Contest. I was a little surprised to even make honorable mention. From what I've seen of everyone elses, there are fantastic.

You chose the PERFECT song for that video, if you'd call it a song.... but damn that was great for a Lost intro. You should seriously consider sending that into JJ for the theme vid for lost. A couple of us seriously considered that one to win actually, but not everyone agreed (we all voted verrryy differently from each other this contest. They were all so good.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RogueAsh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: My intro submission Reply with quote

I had so many issues trying to condense my video and retain quality. But here it is, so you guys can take a look and let me know what you think.

Click the image for the link.

Or here it is--> http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LVERDOOCI3OI192C63DWGN19F

Let me know if it doesn't work.

In the right situation, any man can commit murder but not every man can camp. So camping and murder aren't as similar as you'd think.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: My intro submission Reply with quote

OMG ur opening was fantastic. Who sings that song? l loved it and the song choice too, it was sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: My intro submission Reply with quote

Holly_baby84 wrote:
OMG ur opening was fantastic. Who sings that song? l loved it and the song choice too, it was sweet.

It's Ryan Cabrera singing "Lost Again".

In the right situation, any man can commit murder but not every man can camp. So camping and murder aren't as similar as you'd think.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and pretty new to the online LOST community. I was VERY impressed with every single entry in this contest! I've entered many LOTR vidding contests, and this is definitely the most competitive field of vidders! Congrats to all the winners, they all ROCK, though I have to say that my personal favorite was Lostzilla's, AWESOME JOB!

Heather
http://www.theargonath.cc/lost
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truer words never spoken.

Yours was pretty damn good too Uruviel I've LOVED that song since I joined the vidding community (thanks Matt Connor for that )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
31Flavors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to commend all the fabulous vidders here at LVI! I am new to this community but I was a lurker for a while! I, too entered the March contest, my sis**megatrip** actually posted our entry. It was our first attempt at a vid and I actually caught a few things I messed up on but you learn as you go. anyhoo if anyone wanted to see it i have it hosted,
http://www.streamload.com/ILJAE/lostintro.wmv
I hope to get to know all you faboo peeps!
My personal faves were Lostzilla, Astarte, and Charmax! Enchoritos was great too.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31Flavors, what name did you go by in the contest again?

*robot* MUST GIVE PRAISE.
31Flavors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the email it was Sue...had to think about it...its late here! lol
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that didn't help >.< doh.

what was the name name though? Kella? Acme54? TK?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31Flavors? Ahhhh!!! Six years of Baskin Robbins work history coming back to me... No!!! Actually, it was a pretty cool job. But there were certainly moments.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
31Flavors

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes! lol ok call me stuuupid but I'm LOST * no pun* I assumed you meant my name but are you talkin about the title of the vid cuz it wasnt anything great...or are ya asking the song title?? Its 2am here in NY and I'm on meds....have a cold..lol sorry

JakeNRoland....LMAO I actually know what you mean about the certain moments I used to work in a BR and now I own one lol...didn't know what the heck i was gettin into lol well sort of did but you know how it is.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: