Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Beautiful Goodbye" - Jack/Kate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: "Beautiful Goodbye" - Jack/Kate Reply with quote

* "Beautiful Goodbye"
A desperate, passionate look at Jack and Kate, their unsure relationship, and the dangers of the island.
* Song: Beautiful Goodbye by Amanda Marshall
Vidder: Warren (Hobbes)
Length: 5:15 (9.4MB WMV)

[i][b]Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6ReTIbdn4

Mine...
Spoiler:

The video that helped land me this status as a council member...
I have to say this once... I'm very hard on myself and my mistakes.
- the back of the plane doesn't break-off at the exact right moment
- there's an error before during the scene with Kate sewing Jack
- the clips as they climb up the fuselage aren't in time to the music
- the part where the pilot wakes up is just completely off what I should have done it, where it fit to the music better. It just looks awkward
- that abc watermark in the last clips!

Walkthrough: not everybody does THIS! Nor should they... I'm just freaking insane, I can't help myself really... and it's really late at night, so I'm tired-insomnia - ah hell, I'm enjoying it.... but I'm still crazy...

- we open up to the plan, flying as normal, then a piano note as the turbulence hits, another as the oxygen masks fall down, another as the tail is ripped-off, then a series of 3 as a man is pulled out, and another two as it closes on Kate
- Intro to every main character on the island...
- FATE= destiny... as do stars... so I put them there
- this place of no return - the island
- I think I'll take another day - thus the end of the day
- and slowly watch it burn - burning fuselage, AND a clip of Jack
- And it doesn't really matter how the time goes by - I figured whats the worst way to pass the time? Taking a dead guy's shoes, that's what!
- Cuz i still remember you and I- Jack and Kate moment as they met
- and that beautiful goodbye - I cheated, I took their MEETING and put it in backwards order

- Stagger through these empty streets - charlie's staggering
- laughing arm in arm- charlie dying down his run kinda fits the downbeat of this line, but it's more of a filler for the plot
- the night had made a mess of me - again, a filler to get Kate in the picture
- your confessions kept me warm - not a filler, confessions like the small dark, hole "this place reminds me of confession"
- and I don't really miss you - Kate's clip fits perfectly
- I just neeeeed to know - I thought it was a disaster when Kate's clip didn't fit this entire verse, but in this one, Jack's head actually moves to the right timing of the song " I just neeeeed to know"
- do you ever think of you and I - scene change since they're "thinking" about "you and I" . That look Kate gives Jack right there... I never noticed it until it was in here, and it's absolutely perfect fitting. A wonderful accident
- And that beautiful goodbye - Kate walking through the fields to the beat of the music, supposedly leaving, right?

- premonitions for the next scenes (yes, I know, this section isn't about Jack and Kate, but hold on)
- when I see you now - Jack looking for his dad
- I wonder how- he sees him
- I could've watched you walk away - he walks away
- 3 piano keys right as Jack grabs the root and clings on, to the music
- If I let you down - he's down, he's hanging from a cliff!
- please forgive me now - Locke offering his hand to Jack to pull him up, forgiveness
- for that beautiful goodbye yeah yeah yeah... - I just chose to extend that scene... and I kinda regret it, but not really...

- in these days of no regrets - coupled with a change in the music to give it the (unplanned) sexy edge to it, Sawyer walks up the beach to Kate. Kind of "no regrets" for what I look at here as her "affair" with Sawyer
- I keep mine to myself - just a view change
- and all the things I've never said - I change it to meaning "all the things I've never done"
- I can save for someone else- at "someone else" camera switches to Sawyer
-and nothing lasts forever but we always try- like the kiss (though it kinda did, didn't it?)
- and I still can't help but wonder why - Kate remembering Jack
- we let it pass us by - Kate ends the kiss, because she remembers Jack

- "Yeah"- tree falls down to the time of that foreshadowing! oooooooo!!!
- when I see you now, I wonder how - they see and they wonder.. I wish I would've picked a clip without them talking...
- 4 piano beats- right as the monster knocks down more trees! (LOVE that...)
- I could've watched you walk away - it changes perspective to Jack right there, and it's supposed to symbolise him feeling like he lost Kate to Sawyer
- If I let you down- Jack leads Kate to a bad place, where the monster gets them
- please forgive me now- continued, they see the fuselage
- series of beats- supposed to be a series of clips that FITS the music, but I think I messed up on them, as they climb up the fuselage
- note - scene change to Jack in there
- 2 piano notes - SUPPOSED to be the pilot waking (1) and looking around (2)
-BIG change of song- the monster arrives
- drum beat - the beats at the same time the pilot is pulled out, then cymbal as the blood spatters on the window
- series of song - fuselage falls, they run out
- well what can i do - series of clips of them running and charlie falling
- orchestra as Kate keeps running one way and Jack, the other, to help Charlie
- all I can feel is you- drum beats as Kate's knees hit the floor was a pleasant surprise, cymbal as she grabs the vines
- more orchestra - Kate is worried about Jack, and imaginges what's happening to him (meanwhile foreshadowing for a scene change) and Jack slides down the muddy slope
- and sometimes I cry- alternating drum beats of Jack, lying on the ground, hurt, and Kate crying
- yeah yeah- Jack moving his head to look up and see Ethen
- it's a fool's lullaby- drum beat as Ethan beats-up Jack and cymbal as Jack hits the water, then is knocked unconcious, thus lullaby
- drumbeat alternating of Charlie hanging and Kate crying to try and make a non-abrupt scene change. I don't like having to bring Charlie in like that, but I needed a powerful scene for the climax, and there is no other such scene.
- Sometimes I cry - Kate crying again, then a switch to the pilot's body (just trying to kinda wrap- up that last scene I cut short)
- drumroll - they cut Charlie down, etc, just a way to get the info fast
- it's just a fool's lullaby- Watch how the clips have Kate there, crying. It's all about her here. And Charlie is in the "lullaby", unconcious
- Ohhhhohhhhhh- Kate's face, like she's the one singing in the song
- I'm tired and useless- Jack, feeling inept, and useless
-last cymbol- right as Jack's about to hit for the last time and Charlie WOULD wake up, but nope! he doesn't
- music beat- dying down

Well there you go, the director's commentary. What's that? NOBODY ASKED FOR IT!? Wow. Oh well!

The thing is, this wasn't hard. I did it in 4 hours, it was my first ever music video, or really any time using windows movie maker. I think anyone who just puts their mind to it can come up with something at LEAST as good as this, if not better!

Last edited by Hobbes on Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:34 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh director's commentary! Charlie says "Excellent!"

This is my favorite Lost music video to date. Of all that I have seen and my big mouth has commented on I can say this was the best! I enjoyed how the events of the airplane tail coming off was not used to accentuate an adrenaline rush part of the song but rather make the calm portion so ironic.

Great song that I've never heard before and now must hunt down more Amanda Marshall works! I'm too tired to read this crazy long commentary but will bookmark to read tomorrow when I get some sleep.

This wins my portion of Charlie's Best Bloody Peanut Butter, a window seat next to the wing on Oceanic Sydney to LA, an incomplete set of golf clubs, 4 SIG nines (ammunition not included) and 2 tubes of sunblock... Oh and a bite from John Locke's mystery meat sandwich.

Thanks for making and sharing this Hobbes!

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are indeed a saint MoreLight. Thank you for enjoying it! Really really thanks!
Yeaaaahhh... I wrote that commentary when I had just gone trough a day of watching over 70 videos so that's LIKE a form of craziness, right...?!!?!
Oh well. Really glad you liked it, and coming from you I take that as a huge compliment ^^ It's nice having someone on here besides me who has seen every video, or is at least attempting to
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the music, and I also loved how you featured other characters along with the Jack/Kate theme. It gives it something extra.
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to watch the video...but when I go to download it none my programs will open it up...what is this Torrent thing?
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bittorrent.com/introduction.html
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link...I finally got it downloaded...

That was the song that I became a fan of Amanda Marshall....so for that reason alone I needed to download it. Very cool video...Hobbes don't be so hard on yourself...you did a great job!
iluvdom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i absolutly love this song. its one of me ultimit favs. well done.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm taking so long with the new link, but I've just been working on fixing up this video (to even more mistakes, lol) but anyway, I want the good one posted here, so you need to wait for it to finish rendering Hot off the presses, you might say!
It'll be up momentarilly!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Hollywood! 72 MB, but all the purest quality you'll ever see!
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OOV4R75UP7240T0NLLBTUGL0H
feel free to reduce it's size once you download it, btw
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote
Quote:
Here you go Hollywood! 72 MB, but all the purest quality you'll ever see!
feel free to reduce it's size once you download it, btw

Thanks again Hobbes. l think l'll leave it the way it is-the bigger the better remember...lol.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Peeps! It's up! Just testing out some awesome sharing programs... I have to tell you, there will be NO MORE yousendit links on this site EVER again if I get my way These two sites are awesome

Now:
10 MB, fixed version: http://rapidshare.de/files/1784795/Beautiful_Goodbye_06.wmv.html
or
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Beautiful-Goodbye-06
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new link!

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Saturnine_Tears

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was excellent! The music and the clips matched well. The transitions between the clips were made at the perfect times and it was just a beautiful, angsty montage.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vero
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleace, Help!!! Links don´t work anumore!!
I really want to warch this video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: