Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOST: The Movie *UPDATE*
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanilla_coke_nz
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: LOST: The Movie *UPDATE* Reply with quote

UPDATE

Posted on thetailsection.com:

If you remember, there was a murmer last season concerning an alleged big-screen series finale for "LOST". The rumor was quickly squashed and the LOST fan community went back to business as usual. Sheesh, for a second there it looked like the talking heads at ABC might be asking us to reach into our wallets to buy the answers to the island mysteries. Kind of a crappy way to finish a friendship if you ask me. Well, the rumor is not only back, but also reinforced with some quotes from within the creative catacombs of Bad Robot.

This could be an obvious case of the media running with a comment and taking it completely out of context; so I caution you to wait for official reaction to the controversy that is bound to ensue before flipping your lid over this...

Damon Lindelof was quoted as saying "We'd love to end the show after four year, five years tops and do a movie."

If Damon's musings grew legs, walked into Disney's board of directors, and made a solid pitch, that could mean that "LOST" the series would end, (assuming he is talking from the beginning of the series), around 2008 or 2009 with the movie coming about six-nine months afterwards.

Ok I read this a while ago but

LOST PRODUCERS PLAN BLOCKBUSTER FINALE

Producers of hit TV show LOST are planning to end the final series with a movie blockbuster to curb the cast's demands for a pay rise.

MATTHEW FOX, EVANGELINE LILLY and DOMINIC MONAGHAN were furious last week (28AUG05) after discovering they are paid only a fifth of what the stars of rival show DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES earn.

The big-budget movie will come either at the end of the second series, which is currently being filmed in Hawaii, or at the end of the third if the show continues to attract huge audiences worldwide.

Three rival Hollywood studios are currently fighting to secure the rights to the movie, in a deal which would make the show's biggest stars at least $3.6 million (GBP2 million) richer.

A series insider says, "The last thing producers want is a mutiny. Now they've hit a sure-fire way of hitting the big bucks.
"Three studios have said they are keen to make a Lost blockbuster. The show is seen in more than 70 countries, so it's guaranteed box-office success. Whoever puts in the best bid will get the prize.

"Now the actors have been told about a film deal they're overjoyed. There are lots of ideas about how the story could end but it's thought that who ever is left will be found."

So this is the thread for LOST: The Movie. This was an offical report so it should be real. And there are different reports too that also make this statement feel real.

Can you imagine going to see LOST at the theaters? I CAN!!!!!!!

It would be SO COOL!!!

Last edited by vanilla_coke_nz on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So season three is the final season?

Well, I guess this would be a good way to end things, I just hope they don't stuff it up. But I doubt they'd end the series with a crappy little movie, so if they do make it it'll be good.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vanilla_coke_nz
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can;t Wait. I know that it'll mean the end of LOST but it will be good cause then there will be now more waiting for the next season and all the questions will be answered.

A big budget movie would be the perfect ending to a great show!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats old news and it has been debunked. They're planning a 6-7 seasons show, not 3!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Thought it sounded a bit odd...I probably hadn't read it since I steer clear of spoilers and therefore I never read these things either.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came out around the start of season 2, Lindelof and Cuse stated that it's completely false. Besides the cast got a huge raise after that.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind a Lost movie as long as the producers don't mess it up just like the X-Files producers did it with the X-Files movie. (Well, they actually messed up the whole series cuz 9 seasons were way too many. The series was getting worse and worse from season 6 onwards *sigh*).
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, you gotta be suspicious when the only source they cite is a "series insider"
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess all our movie trailers aren't being made in vain, then.

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
vanilla_coke_nz
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That suck then. In another News thingy it said that the producers wanted to finish the show on a good note when it had heaps of viewers. I dont think i would like 6-7seasons. What can they do, keep adding more and more charaters. They have basicly finished everyones flashbacks, but whats the bet they'll add more unplaned backstorys to charaters.

Is it just me or does the whole Helen thing in Lockes flashbacks not make sence cause i watched back the first season with lockes ep and Helen was charging Locke to talk to her on the phone. But I havn't seen the whole season yet so maybe it does.

A French Woman's flashback story ep would be great, she my favourite charater as well as Kate.

I am still going to hope they make a movie cause i always thought the movie would be so cool and cause they have a big budget they could finish the crashing off the plane and show all the plane pieces falling into place it would be so cool. I image it to look like the plane crash in the new Superman Returns trailer
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we make it to 5 seasons, that's the magic number for syndication stripping (running a rerun every weekday), so I'm rooting for us to make it that far, at least.

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm rooting for:
-death of regularly-scheduled flashbacks every week come season 3
-Story not to be stretched out beyond need (e.g. "The polar bear season")

And as of now:
-end with a kick-ass movie that takes some sort of RISK, not some rehash of everything that happened, or with a 50-foot Jate kiss , and a little bit of new stuff at the end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vanilla_coke_nz
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!!!

Posted on theTailsection.com:

If you remember, there was a murmer last season concerning an alleged big-screen series finale for "LOST". The rumor was quickly squashed and the LOST fan community went back to business as usual. Sheesh, for a second there it looked like the talking heads at ABC might be asking us to reach into our wallets to buy the answers to the island mysteries. Kind of a crappy way to finish a friendship if you ask me. Well, the rumor is not only back, but also reinforced with some quotes from within the creative catacombs of Bad Robot.

This could be an obvious case of the media running with a comment and taking it completely out of context; so I caution you to wait for official reaction to the controversy that is bound to ensue before flipping your lid over this...

Damon Lindelof was quoted as saying "We'd love to end the show after four year, five years tops and do a movie."

If Damon's musings grew legs, walked into Disney's board of directors, and made a solid pitch, that could mean that "LOST" the series would end, (assuming he is talking from the beginning of the series), around 2008 or 2009 with the movie coming about six-nine months afterwards.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope this never happens. First of all because of what's been said in the update- making Lost fans pay for the answers- and also because of the creative differences between a TV show and a movie. People who are good at making TV usually can't transition well to movies, changing the type of Lost format we're used to and trying to make it a feature film. I mean, Lost is TV that's sort of movie-like, especially the Pilot 1 episode, but that's the way it should stay until the end.

And another thing, what about unsuspecting moviegoers that have never seen Lost, or haven't caught up on all that's happened? That would be a major inconvenience to most of the possible audiences and to the producers, if it doesn't fare well in the box office. All and all I think it's a bad idea, and not a smart move.

sig by IslandofMystery
vanilla_coke_nz
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Distress Signal"]I sincerely hope this never happens. First of all because of what's been said in the update- making Lost fans pay for the answers- and also because of the creative differences between a TV show and a movie. People who are good at making TV usually can't transition well to movies, changing the type of Lost format we're used to and trying to make it a feature film. I mean, Lost is TV that's sort of movie-like, especially the Pilot 1 episode, but that's the way it should stay until the end.[quote]

The creator of LOST Directed MI:3 so he could easily Take LOST to the big screen. It would just be like a big episode (with no advert's YAA!)

I agree that the Pilot 1 episode felt Movie-like that how I started watching the show!

With the people who hadn't seen the show it severs as a wakeup call for people to hire or buy the DVDs and making a movie would be a instand Smash cause all the LOST viewers will go and see it or wait for the DVD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: