Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WMM -> WMM2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: WMM -> WMM2? Reply with quote

Ok, I took the plunge and updated to Service Pack 2. Once I get everything back in order and my computer stops being ridiculously slow in processing information, I'd like to get my feet wet in WMM2. Now, my question is...do I just update or do I need to download the whole WMM2 program...? If I do that, can I delete WMM to save space or do I need to keep it?

Any help would be fantastic
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya Jen! Congrats on your upgrade! *crosses fingers that all works well for you*

WMM 2 is already on your computer now. Click WMM's start up icon or however else you usually launch it. You'll see it's different than it previously was! WMM 2 writes over WMM 1, so no need for you to do anything more in that respect!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intimidated!! ...here's hoping that I can figure it out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take a deep breath (I'm big on breathing... ) and go at things one step at a time. WMM 2 works the same basically as 1. Just play around with it and you'll find all of the great goodies it has! Titles! Effects! Yay!
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Jen."

My CPU usage is consistantly between 80-100%. Even if I'm not doing ANYTHING or running any programs. So, I called Dell and guess what they think I need to do?

Reformat my whole hard drive. For the sixth time. Why the f--- am I not surprised?

I f---ing hate Dell. A lot. Apparently, my computer is not compatible with Service Pack 2 for some reason...

I'm like, well...I have to have it, because Microsoft will no longer be using service pack 1, nor will they be giving security updates, so, you probably need to tell me something else to do. I do not want to reformat this damn thing for the sixth time; that's so unnecessary. If you sent me a quality product, this would not be a problem, so I'm pretty sure you guys are going to have to fix it some other way.

...I knew this would happen...

Ais: what of my files do you have and what are you willing to let bog down your RAM for a few weeks so that I don't lose all of my vids and clips? I can handle having to lose Dead Like Me, S2, because if I need to I can just download it again, but I don't want to lose all my Lost stuff...

I'm seriously going to cry right now; this is ridiculous
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, send it to me, I can store all of your vids and such for a while so you won't risk losing it all. If you have time to make a list of what you want saved, I can let you know what I still have so you don't have to upload more than is necessary. Whatever works for you!

I can't for the LIFE of me figure out what's wrong between your PC and the SP2! And I can't figure out why Dell's only solution is to wipe the hard drive for a sixth time! Obviously it's NOT working when you do that!

I'm so sorry, hon! I *loathe* computer problems! Especially when they can't be fixed!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and of course, if you upload it to some place like Sendspace or whatever that holds things for you longer than YSI's 1 week, you can just turn around and download it again when you're ready for it. Even Rapidshare holds for 30 days, I believe...

I'll download them as well as an extra safety measure for you...
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*PMs you*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, those places can work really well as an online storage thingie, in a pinch...

Anyway, I feel much angst and anger for you, hon! This is just NOT fair!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*will read as soon as it comes in*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: