Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What made you watch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: What made you watch? Reply with quote

Hey I'm new to the site and new to the show.. Still havent watched an ep just downloadin... I was wondering wat made u watch the show..
For me it was my cuz.. Holly_Baby84 ... We made a deal - she watch my show and give it a chance (Point Pleasant) and I'd watch hers.. So wats ur reason?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buddy of mine kept pestering me about it. We don't always have the same tastes so I didn't much listen.

Finally he was asking if I could download the first four episodes and burn them to DVD so he could show them to his friends. I did that and still didn't watch them.

Then I was just bored one day and was going through my computer files and saw those shows, I think it was the first four or five. I decided I was going to give it a shot.

I enjoyed the first three and thought it was a decent show, but then I saw Locke's episode, episode 4, and I was hooked. I immediately made my fiance and all my close friends watch them as well.

Been faithful ever since.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stumbled upon it than anything. I saw some part of the pilot, don't remember which part, and thought it was interesting, but kinda silly (I happened to catch a lot of Shannon stuff lol). But either way, once I heard that it was really POPULAR, and was really bored, I just on a whim sat down and watched it. I THINK it was Charlie's episode.... well anyway, I really liked it then, and started download9ing them all. By the time I got to Locke's ep, I was ultra-super hooked, and jumped on the forums instantly LOL.
Interesting thing: in less than half an hour, a good friend of mine is coming over, and I'm gonna try to convert him with Lost I innocently said "If you don't love it by the fourth episode, then I'll quit" should be fun LOL Anyoe wanna take bets on how many episodes we get through...? I'm guessing 4, then later, when he's so bored, and trying to look cool, he'll say "hey lets watch a few more" and we'll get through another hhhmmmm.... 4 I think. so yeah... 8 is my prediction....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLS... betting on how many eps ur friend will watch b4 he gets addicted.. thats great...I wouldnt know becuase I havent watched ne yet..
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah... how many TODAY lol I doubt he'll get addictied... he never does to anything >.< but it's worth a try.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the fourth episode doesn't do it, it likely ain't happening.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on BTVSfreak already . l seen the first episode one night and l loved it and when it came back on the next week it was episode 7. l thought it was episode 2 but then l realized it didn't make sense and that the pilot l watched was a rerun. So l HAD to download the ones l missed on LimeWire and l havn't missed a single one since. lt's my favourite show right now and l'm still waiting BTVSfreak. Everybody tell him how awsome it is and how much it rocks
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got hooked from the ABC teaser advertisements prior to the pilot episode and have been watching intently since. I didn't know or look up any of the actors in it and just decided to give it a look see. It rocked!

My lost music vids
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood ~ BLAH BLAH BLAH lols All i hear from u
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I got hooked from the ABC teaser advertisements

Same here MoreLight. I'll give anything a try if it looks good enough in the advertisements and I'm home when its on, but this looked exceptionally good and so I made sure I was home when it was on. Haha. The rest his history.

I tried Point Pleasant too but didn't like it one bit!
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about LOST on buffy.nu because of David Fury was one of the writers on BtVS... And I love Point Pleasant.. its too bad that its cancled now.. i dont even think they're airing it in North America... well i think at least the states... im in canada so hopefully not..They r still airing in the UK so i can download them still.. but yup To bad... lols
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anyoe wanna take bets on how many episodes we get through...?

well we watched the 4 eps, by the time they were done it was 3 AM, but he still asked me to put on the next one
This morning, we ate or breakfast and watched as many as we could before he had to go LOL
9 episodes: better than I would have ever expected, and now he's gonna download the rest too hahah
I further wish to back up that anyone who watches this show WILL like it. This guy is reaaaalllllyyy not the kind to actually like something, much less admit he likes something that I told him about! LOL
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty kewl... Im still downloading... I think by tomorra morning my eps 1,2,and 5 should be done... but I'll only watch 1 and 2.. dont wanna give nething away
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is so fangirl of me, but I started watching because of Dom... Yeah, I'm a LOTR-nerd.

Oh, and because of Fury. Wanted to see if somewhere, somehow, he'll make the peepee demon mysteriously appear on the island. Hey, it's possible, I hear he keeps him in his coatroom in his office.
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep..Fury is a genious... well I just luv Joss, Noxon, Greenwalt, and Fury... they all r such great writers and producers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: