Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X-men3: the Last Stand
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: X-men3: the Last Stand Reply with quote

Ok I saw it first, as usual. Well I suppose since I went to the theaters at 8 am, I should be the first one right?

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Lots of cool effects, but overall the first two were much much better imo. There are lots of deaths in this one. Not gonna spoiled you guys. But if you're going to see it, wait till the credit ends to leave the theaters. and Phoenix was awesome or what/? I thought there was gonna be more Mystique and Angel but...oh well. Kitty Pryde was cute though.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give us sneak peek passes and we'll see it days before its release too.

I'm looking forward to it. Not exactly high hopes tho. It would be hard to beat the first two.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that I'll looooooooooooove this one like I loooooooooooved the other 2, due to a mutant gene I carry that's called Fangirl-X.

See, with the Fangirl-X gene, I *squee* every time I see an X-Men movie, read an X-Men comic book or try to explain why I have all the X-Men action figures apparently having a dance-off with my Lord of the Rings figures (the Magneto vs Gandalf throw-down is a particularly fly, let me tell you! ).

Anyway, if you don't want to give too many detail here, PM me, woncha, Nate? I won't be going until next week and I like to know ahead of time if I should be prepared for a bummer of an ending or anything like that.

Lots of deaths, huh? Oh well, I survived years of characters getting killed off in the comic book, then coming back to life except they were evil, then having to fight their former teammates until something happened to make them good again, usually just in time for somebody ELSE to get killed off and it all start over...

So, spill some details for me! I like to know these things ahead of time!

Signed,
The Mysterious Fangirl-X
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are having a midnight showing here and my roommate and I already have tickets so I'll be seeing it late tonight and I can't wait. This one looks freaking awesome.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see it! (Will probably see it this Saturday ) I doubt, too, though that it will be better than the first two movies. The second one was the best so far, IMO.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching The Hulk on Sci-fi right now and they are showing all kinds of goodies for Xmen3 movie and it looks so awesome. Yummy Hugh Jackman!! *faints* Definitely worth seeing IMO, i loved the first two!
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this.
I loved the first xmen, and I loved X2 even more. But this one... ugh. Much worse on every level.
Instead of building on the potential it had, it undermines the first two with its weak, frustratingly dumb storyline and subpar production. Brett Ratner ruined my x-men.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, practically everyone who reviews this movie says it's not as good as the first two. So I'm beginning to get this tiny little worry that it might not be as good as the first two. And that bums me out.

I'm still going to see it next Thursday, though. And I'm going to squeal like the Fangirl-X that I am ALL of the way right up to the time when I actually am in the movie theater, watching it, and thinking, "DANG, this movie isn't as good as the first two!" Then I'll be bummed.

However, that means that right now I still have time to be all excited about it. New X-Men movie! *squee!!!!!*

~Fangirl-X, coming to you from the blissful land of Denial
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful, I was well prepared for it to be not quite as good as the first two, but i was shocked at how much worse it was.

If you're a big enough X-fan to know how the Dark Phoenix saga went down in the comics/animated series(oh yeah), prepare to be even more disapointed.

Its not unwatchable or anything, some scenes are ok... as a whole though, it just a bad movie.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*owns a significant number of X-Men comics*

And that sucks that they blew it! Sucks that they blew it? Well, weird grammar aside, Dark Phoenix is a CLASSIC story in the X-Men mythology. You DON'T muck it up, man! Grrr....
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a Brett Ratner movie. that pretty much said it all.
I mean Rush Hour!!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it.

Just what E said.

This is one movie where I actually think it should have been longer everything happened so fast that all there was in the movie was a bunch of special effects, and people who are introduced, get 10 seconds for us to see their powers, then either die or are never seen again. Why put in all those new characters if they aren't used WHATSOEVER?!

No drama in this one, just a bunch of special effects... made me want to read the comics though. Every mutant is so interesting! At least the comics would allow me to focus on one ata time and go at a nice, slow pace
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But if you're going to see it, wait till the credit ends to leave the theaters.

Thanks for the hint, Nate, I would've missed out on that otherwise.

Well, the first two movies were really much better, but I still enjoyed it. It was good entertainment, but yeah, definitely a bit disappointing, especially since it was the last part.
Or wasn't it? I heard something about a sequel (with a young or younger Magneto and Xavier). Does anyone know anything about this?

Quote:
So I'm beginning to get this tiny little worry that it might not be as good as the first two. And that bums me out.

Well, but it's still worth watching it. The third part has some very cool moments, like the whole thing with Magneto and the bridge
I didn't like it, though, what they did to Magneto. He was one of the best characters, IMO.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I loved X-Men. I thoguht it was one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. Then X2 came out. Even better than the first. The first two X-Men movies were definitely in my top 5 (if not 1 and 2) superhero/comic book movies.

This one... Ugh. Just ugh. It was fun to watch but compared to the first two... really bad.

They've always treated Scott like shit in the movies but this one was horrible. He didn't even get to die on screen!

Kelsey Grammer did a fantastic job as Beast. That character was a nice inclusion. Angel was a complete waste of film. When this movie airs on TV, I wouldn't be surprised if Angel was no longer in it.

They completely dropped the story about Logan's past. WTF? Why? I thought we'd find out in this one.

The ending(s) pissed me off. THey just completely reversed everything they had done in this movie. Jean/Phoenix is dead AGAIN. Magneto is "cured" but he has his powers? WTF?! Xavier dies... but wait!! he's in a new body! F*cking ridiculous.

Overall grade: C
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Rush Hour movies! I guess it maybe wasn't the best director for this movie though. It did seem all action and not much plot. I enjoyed it though but some of the characters weren't that interesting. Beast was cool but Vinny Jones as Juggernaut was a joke. Those weren't even his muscles he's a skinny bloke Josh Holloway as Gambit would have rocked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: