Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, in the cinema I heard people complaining about the opening credits' letters. I even heard one idiot say they looked "unrealistic". Wtf? Since when are there real big letters flying around the world? I liked those letters, cos of how old-movie-ish they looked.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same font they used for the the original movie.

Damn, people in your theatres are rude. They're just talking out loud during the whole movie?!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, that's why I liked 'em...well actually I didn't know they were in the original movie, but I thought they were cool cos they were old.

Nah, they said it during the fifteen-minute wait.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unrealistic letters flying through space. LMAO.
well, i guess we can't expect everyone who watches a big summer movie like superman to be familiar with the classics . Their loss.

Myself, I watched the original (directors cut) dvd a few days before hand and i'm glad i did. I knew Singer was a huge fan of Richard Donner's Superman and you can really see the love in his film.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying the boxset of the original movies, but I really hate Superman 3, I mean they completely wrote it off in this version.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any Superman movie, or really any sort of show, movie, or comic book of the sort. All I know is he's alergic to Kryptonite (I didn't even know who Lex Luther was previous to this movie's trailer ) so I should hopefully have a nice clean slate to see this movie. I might be going tomorrow, but we'll see. Looking forward to it though, as if I'm not mistaken, this was the same director as the first two X-Men movies, right? This thing better be good, or I'll have one huge bone to pick with that little bugger, leaving the final X-Men movie to that hack
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think you might want to see Superman: The Movie and Superman II since this is knid of a sequel to them but you don't really have to.

This was brilliant, imo. I went in fearing the worst and came out and really pleased with it. Bryan Singer did a fantastic job and I'm glad he make this and it didn't trn out to be what Kevin Smith's script was.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Kevin Smith the guy that wanted the plot to be about blocking the sun?

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol That's the Simpsons, Marcus.

Nah, Kevin Smith made Clerks and stuff. He was asked to write the script for this back before Bryan Singer was attached. Well before that in fact. The producer guy told him to put in a battle with a giant spider. And to not have him fly. And to get rid of the costume because it was too gay. Obviously, it didn't work out. But that would be one interesting movie.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, seriously, one of the guys that was gonna bring Superman back but never did in the end was gonna have a plot like that.

That would've been terrible. To not have him fly? WTF?

meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Quote:
Speaking of Lois & Clark I read something funny the other day, something like Dean Cain must be crying himself to sleep everynight since Teri Hatcher has had huge success with Desperate Housewives... thought that was funny coz it's probably true

Well, I think that's probably kinda true because I've only seen him in crappy b-movies and as guest-star in some other series ever since the end of Lois & Clarke. What a sad ending for a great actor like him

Ah, I loved Lois & Clark, but that was kinda 5 years ago or something... I was like 10 years old. Then I realised that there were a lot better shows than that
And about Dean crying himself to sleep - it's kinda true! I read something at imdb.om that someone had gotten Dean's autograph on a Superman-photo, and right after Dean signed it, he started crying
BUT - in May or something when Teri released her book Burnt Toast, he appeared on the "premiere" and Dean and Teri was really cuddeling and hugging. It was the first time they've been seen together since 1997.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I grew up with Superman and I think I'm all Supermanned out. I don't think I could handle another Superman film.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw it, and everything Marcus said in his first review is pretty-much exactly what I thought of the movie. I was really impressed with this one, because it was so different than any other superhero movies; it wasn't just about some stupid action. It was about the characters, and like Marcus, my favourite part wasn't the whole action sequence, it was back when Superman was in the hospital, and everyone was depressed.
There were a few things I disagree with though
- I found the beginning credits WAY too self-indulgent. Nobody needs to spend 5 minutes just introducing who made the movie.
- I really liked Lex Luther in this movie. Maybe he's just not as good as he is in other places, but I really liked how they made the movie more about Superman's struggles against all the problems in the world, more than just one guy. I'd feel annoyed if the villian had special powers too.

I really liked this movie, one of the best I've seen in the past few months (at least theatre-wise). A billion times better than X3 IMO, though I'm still pissed at this director for leaving it... I'd much rather have a good ending to the X-men series than this movie, as good as it was.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well after saying earlier that this film didn't interest me... i actually ended up seeing it anyway and I totally and absolutely loved it... I agree with marcus about it being a totally different superhero film, i actually had tears in my eyes when he was getting beat up by lex and his crew... all the acting was great... and is it just me or does Brandon Routh look totally like Christopher Reeve or what (a much hotter version i might add )
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* more shameless plugging......

Supes Icons at my journal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: