Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman Returns
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Superman Returns Reply with quote

Ok so maybe I'm the only one on this entire board thats really looking forward to this movie. I've only seen bits of the first one and I'm a HUGE fan of Smallville so I'm totally looking forward to seeing this.

I seen the longer trailer for this Friday night when I went and seen Poseidon (loved that movie btw, though I was right, not as good as the original but still good nonetheless) and I think it looks awesome!
lol Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor! It's gonna kick ass. Well I hope it will anyway.
Kate Bosworth is cool too. I can't wait to see this movie.

Click Here for Trailer
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Im looking forward to this one too Holls,
I went to Poseidon last week, didn't love it, but it was all good fun.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you've only seen bits of the first one... do you mean you've never seen the original one with Christopher Reeve?!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Nate, now I know I won't be the only one here going to see it.
and yea I loved Poseidon. Josh Lucas and Kurt Russell were both great in it and I liked the cool effects.

MG, yeah thats the one I'm talking about. lol. I seen bits and pieces of the first one when I was really little, so I don't really remember it all that much now. I think I should go rent it and watch it sometime before I go see this one. Yeah maybe I'll do that.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I might actually go and see this one, too. I always liked the old Superman movies and when I was a kid I used to like the old Superman series with Teri Hatcher. I know... I should probably be ashamed of that cuz the series was kinda crappy, but hey, I was a kid
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to this, I'm glad they're not going all "the origins of Superman" like every other superhero movie. I love the original even though it has dodgy effects. And I like the actors/actress in this.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually like comic book movies but this one for some reason hasn't interested me much... maybe if I see it with low expectations I'll be pleasantly suprised

Speaking of Lois & Clark I read something funny the other day, something like Dean Cain must be crying himself to sleep everynight since Teri Hatcher has had huge success with Desperate Housewives... thought that was funny coz it's probably true
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speaking of Lois & Clark I read something funny the other day, something like Dean Cain must be crying himself to sleep everynight since Teri Hatcher has had huge success with Desperate Housewives... thought that was funny coz it's probably true

Well, I think that's probably kinda true because I've only seen him in crappy b-movies and as guest-star in some other series ever since the end of Lois & Clarke. What a sad ending for a great actor like him
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Just saw this, after reading a bunch of great reviews, a bunch of crap reviews, and a bunch of "meh." reviews. And here's what I have to say on it...

It seems to me that in the past few years there's been two different types of comic-book movies coming out - the dark, more realistic rough side and the light, fun and pointless-action-packed side. Both are usually really enjoyable no matter what. I wasn't really sure what type this movie was gonna be, and in the end...it was neither. This movie was a completely different type of Superhero movie. I'm not necessarily saying that in a good way, but I'm certainly not saying it in a bad way.

For the first half-hour of this I was just going to myself "Wtf?!? Is this movie going anywhere at all?". All it seemed to be was a big bunch of credits in space, then Lex Luthor taking off a wig, then Superman crashing in a farm, which made an old lady's teapot break. But then it all came together, and it just kept getting better and better. I loved the whole "The world's moved on from superheroes" plot, that was awesome. And the stuff to do with Lois' creepy little mullet son was actually suprisingly interesting. The effects were awesome, but that's not what I loved the most...I liked the scenes that didn't have the big explosions, infact to be honest my favourite part was at the end, with Superman in hospital and everybody acting so depressed...It was so completely unlike a normal comic-book movie!

This wasn't really much like the previous Superman movies, or the TV show, or the cartoon series, or the other cartoon series, or the other other cartoon series, or the books based on the cartoon series, show and movies...oh and apparently there was a comic book about it or something. And it was definetly nothing like Smallville. But I thought it was brilliant.

Btw, I've discovered something shocking...Harry Potter is Superman! Have a look at the flashback scene at the start showing Clark as a teenager...you'll see what I mean.

Overall, the one thing that I thought let this movie down were the villains. They were funny, and I have no problem with that...but usually in movies with funny villians there's atleast one really really serious evil guy...but there wasn't in this.

Still, I thought this was awesome, and really hope they make another one...a lot of people won't like this movie, infact I don't think my parents liked it very much. But I thought it was fantastic, and I hope I'm not the only one.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I agree with you Marci, I wish they'd make Lex luther more psychotic and less ridiculous, Parker Posey was hella annoying too. Brandon Routh and Kate Bosworth did a great job though. And I love love the plane scene. Awesome direction by Singer.

marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nate's word for the month is "Ridiculous".

lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shut up Marci

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This wasn't really much like the previous Superman movies

Really? Because it seemed to me like a direct sequal to the 1978 Superman. Which is an awesome movie! This one had its moments (the plane, the chain-gun) the super kid was a bit interesting, but as a whole I liked the 78 Superman better.

oh yeah, at the screening i was at, the movie cut out right at the climax. it was horrible.

found this interesting fact:
Quote:
While Reeve was filming Somewhere in Time (1980), the local theater decided to show his break out hit Superman (1978). Many of the "Somewhere" cast joined the locals for the event. Early into the screening the sound went out. Reeve, who was seated next to Jane Seymour, stood up in the audience and delivered all the lines.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't really mean it was different to it like it didn't have the same plot, it just felt...different. Hard to explain really.

I liked the original most. But this was still awesome IMO.

LMAO the movie cut out for us near the start, when Lex took off his wig and handed it to the little girl. We had to wait fifteen minutes, then watch the start of it again, along with all the damn trailers and ads.

lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol that sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: