Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost Montage Rejected - Suggestions???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Ghost Montage Rejected - Suggestions??? Reply with quote

Hi

I just got an email telling me that my montage did not make it ....could you please tell me what the reasons were...I have one idea why it didn't make it ...in one clip that lasts for about 2 seconds (when Charlie is sitting on the plane) its smaller then the rest of the clips...I read on the board that is a no no ...but I thought it was only the one clip....what else is wrong with it...is it really worth me fixing it and resending ...

Thanks for any help
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, the thing that caused this rejection was the HUGE ammount of transitions and effects. They detracted so much from the actual video that you could only see it if you trully concentrated and put your mind to it, not a good thing... I know we always say transitions and effects are good, but we always say that with a little clause "as long as they don't distract from the actual video" the story itself with the clips seemed okay I think, or at least what I could make of it through all the transitions. I think that with a little tweaking of those transitions and effects it may have a bit more of a chance, but if you really like it the way it is, then don't worry about it. I'm starting up a new hosting service thing on the site which you can read about here: http://lostvideo.net/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=596
so hopefully you wouldn't mind putting your video in there along with the others, where it can hopefully be watched and still enjoyed by anyone not watching to try and judge it, thus kinda ruining it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the video the way that it is ...I used the effects to show how Charlie was looking back at his past...with his brother etc...maybe I went overboard -but I just wanted you to know that I had reasons behind it I just didn't do it cause I thought it looked cool.

Well I'm going to see how it looks without all the effects and transitions and see how I feel about resending it in...though I may leave a few in ...you guys didn't get distracted by all of them did you

HAPPY EASTER

Thanks for the letting me know : )
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not all of them of course. I like a few transitions here and there. I find it a lot less distracting and more natural, however, when a vid tries to keep to only one or two different types of transitions. Well I think you know what I mean, we just don't love it when the attention has to be put on the transitions rather than the video, it's just nice when it feels natural, you know?
Happy easter Indeed! Although it doesn't really count... I don't get any easter candy or anything until the day AFTER LOL On-sale Easter chocolate. OH yeah!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onsale Easter chocolate ...

Okay I took away most of the effects and funky transistions to something more natural...I'm too tired to upload it now but should I post it here first or should I just resend it again through email... I saved a 10mb version of it.

I actually like how one section edited together...with the changes I can see a difference...
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

send it through the email I suppose, and not through yousendit >.< that thing has been bugging us all week, we have to ask everybody to resend the damn things... an- oy- ing

cheap easter chocolate rocks though I get twice as much of it that way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: