Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Mr. Has Been" (Jack and Kate -- no romance (yet))

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackaroo
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: "Mr. Has Been" (Jack and Kate -- no romance (yet)) Reply with quote

“Mr. Has Been”

An RP of two; Jack by “Jackaroo” and Kate by “KayLee.”

Part One.

He'd been so incredibly stupid. But... when everyone kept on demanding his time, attention, care... he'd just needed some relief. And this was it. And, quite frankly, he sensed someday soon he'd quit caring about it alltogether. Yeah, it was unhealthy, dangerous - he'd learnt all that a long time ago.

But... it was worth it. And it wasn't like they were going to be saved, any time soon. Or ever, for that matter.

He took his release. Eased back on the jungle floor.

Finally, after more than 30 years, he'd discovered a way to relax. And he embraced it.

-

Kate was in a rage....

Where the HELL is Jack....

She truged angrily through the jungle, figuring after looking through the caves and having every one searching for him, this could be the only place he was...

What the f*ck is going on Jack-this is so...not you...

It was actually kind of odd no one else decided to look out here...where else was a person to take a break from everyone...

Thats when she saw him....she was quite a ways from anywhere and he was sitting up against a tree....

You dumbass....better have a freakin good excuse...

She got closer and then when she was within 10 feet of him, thats when she noticed it...something was wrong-something wasn't right...

"Jack?" she said unsure, and confused...supressing the anger for a moment...

-

He heard his name, frowned.

Kate... what was she doing out here?

AH, well. He smiled. No worries - what did she know?

Just don't look people in the eye too often and he'd be fine. Just... fine... yeah.

"Er... hi, Kate."

-

"What are you doing out here...Lying on the ground....Sun needs you, Aarons feeling bad again and I think there are more people who looked for you than when we all looked for Claire...So why the hell are you out here...?" she said trying to keep her voice down and not scream in his face...

He has a responsability and he knows he does....

She looked down at him, a rather nasty look on her face...

She being instinctivly like she her father, she knew something was amiss, and she started looking for things out of the ordinary but couldn't find anything that would be wrong or different...

what is going on...

-

He squinted his eyes.

Calm down, Kate. Don't get angry... you know I don't like that.

"Hey... I was just... taking a break, okay?"

He could feel the probing look she gave him, felt the threat of losing that calmness h'd found. She addressed his feeling of responsibility, which always seemed to be lingering just below the surface, no matter what he was doing.

But not with this. Later he decided. Maybe he couldn't make it go away, but he could ignore it, now.

-

"Jack, if you do not, get your butt up and come back to the beach to help people, I am going to lose my cool on you...Since when did the infamous Jack Shephard take breaks anyway....Well, reguardless-breaks over...." She said with a false calm voice...

why is he acting like this?

She folded her arms and glared at him more...

-

He smiled at her remarks about his taking breaks. Didn't he remember she used to push him to take it easy, get some sleep, get some rest, and whatever?

He could never win with her, could he? Women, he thought smiling inwardly.

"Okay, okay. Keep your pants on. "

The visual flashing before his mind's eye made him giggle. But getting up... ugh... just five more minutes? Besides, going to the beach might not be such a good idea. The place must be crowded, and, well... it had also been the case he reported his father for operating under the influence.

He cursed Kate for trying to take away the calmness he'd found.

"Look," he said, "I'm not feeling all that well, okay? Is it really that important?"

Just leave me alone, okay?

Again the visual of Kate struggling with her pants and falling to the jungle floor while she did so came to mind and he giggled again.

-

"Jack Shephard! In the DAYS that I have known you I have never-HEY! Are you giggling?" she started furious and ended by being completely confused...

"Jack, Claires baby is SICK...Sun might be pregnant and who knows what the hell every one else is doing...what the f*ck do you mean 'is it important?' you are really starting to act like an ass right now..." she said putting her hands up, completely confused and annoyed....

She had paused, balled her hands in fists-decided to leave him there and maybe something would fall on his head and knock some sense into him-and turned around to stomp off since OBVIOUSLY she wasn't getting anywhere with the islands only 'responsible doctor' and then after taking a few stomping steps she turned back around and then put her finger up pointing at him and growled

"And don't worry, my pants will stay in their up-right and locked postion!!" she blushed, opened her mouth to say something and then closed it again, glared at him and turned around to walk away...

-

Poor Kate. She was so strung up. And obviously she was confused.

OK - maybe she was right about stuff being important. But maybe she wasn't and things weren't as bad as they seemed to her.

She should lighten up a bit...

"And don't worry, my pants will stay in their up-right and locked postion!!"

He honestly tried not to laugh at her comment, but he simply couldn't help himself. And started laughing his ass off.

-

Alright...she admited, she regretted it as soon as it had came from her mouth...but he didn't have to laugh that hard....he got to her then...this wasn't funny!! None of this was...actually it was really quite a pain in her ass and it was pissing her off...she needed to him...get him to snap out of whatever the hell was wrong with him today.....

She got so pissed, she walked over till she was straddling him as he was still lying down and she crouched down, and asked

"You think thats funny huh? Would you like them to come off?" she asked with a smile that she knew was fake and hoped he didn't...

-

He nearly choked as she hovered over him.

“YES!”

-

thats the answer she'd hoped for so she could do this..

her smile faded and she glared at him, her face not two inches from his...

"The Jack I know and we all love and respect wouldn't have said that...so I don't feel bad about doing this..." she said in a low voice...She got even closer and then kissed him gently on his lips,

She brought her arm back as far as it would go, balled her fist and punched him a d**n good one square on the jaw...

That is what my daddy taught me...thanks dad,

"Get your head outta yer ass and quit being so f***ing stupid Jack...You are better than this shit...are you drunk or something? You should have known I wasn't going to stand for this," she growled, still bent over him and waited for him to get his bearings once more...

she grabbed his shirt and hauled his upper torso up so he was forced to look at her...

"Now, tell me what is so wrong and screwed up that you have changed like this?" it was a retorical question...not expecting any sort of good excuse, just the sort of answers she had been getting.

Jack...

-

Uhoh. The way she glared at him would have stopped anyone - everyone - laughing. He was in trouble. Managed to suppress the giggles that kept trying to surface.

Then she kissed him - which was so shocking at that moment he couldn't move or speak or do anything at all.
But even more shocking was she hit him. Hard. Real hard. His head flipped over and he felt muscles in his neck stretch painfully. Not to mention his jaw.

What the hell was THAT?

Before he had time to recover from all of this she grabbed his shirt and hauled him in a sitting position. Did he hear the fabric groan with the sudden jerk it was given?
Whatever. She probably didn't mean to undress him...
He visualized how she accidentally ripped the shirt clean off of him.

Don't laugh!

When their eyes met, he got it. This really was serious. Mind the eyes!
He looked away.

"Now, tell me what is so wrong and screwed up that you have changed like this?"

Ehm... they crashed on a deserted island on which everything was fucked up?

"I have changed? You just nearly knocked me out! I was just taking a break, Kate. Geez. Lighten up."

-

"I have changed? You just nearly knocked me out! I was just taking a break, Kate. Geez. Lighten up."

"Yes, I had to knock you out..becuz for some d**n reason you need to have sense knocked into you...and what the hell!!??? JACK!!" she growled...

"I don't know if you know this or not, but you are the ONLY doctor on a deserted island full of people who need you...and you know what...you may have been just taking a break-but there is somthing else going on that I can't figure out-and just taking a break doesn't mean you have to act like this...you were so much like sawyer-a pig-that it was unreal..."

Se said, she let him go with a jerk, stood up and started to walk away angry, she was so pissed and had had enough of this side of Jack she didn't even want to look at him...

She turned back around to see if he'd moved...she couldn't help but wonder if he needed her...in one way or another...with his patients..with himself...or with getting up...hmmm....

-

My goodness, Kate. Talking of putting pressure on someone...

Maybe the stuff was leaving his blood. Or maybe it was his f***ed up brain beating it. Or maybe she had 'knocked some sense' into him.
But eitherway, she started getting to him, just a bit. It was nothing compared to what would've happened if he wouldn't have...

"Sawyer - a pig -"

Oh?

Yet another visual. Nope - he was still up there.

She let him fall back on his back. Ouch. And walked away.

Fine.

He looked up at the ceiling of leaves. Beautiful.

-

He didn't stop her like he usually did, he didn't even register the fact that she was leaving...

keep calm...breathe...

"AHHHH! FINE IM LEAVEING THATS IT!!" she cried and threw her hands up in the air...

She stomped away and when others questioned her about him she crossed her arms and said "no-I never found him"

*to be continued – if anyone wants part two…*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: