Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convince me to watch Carnivale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, bit of info... www.torrentspy.com has individual season 1 eps. The site is moving hardware tho, so expect it to be down every once in a while. Right now it's up and running. They also have all of season 2.

torrents.co.uk (or btef something,) has ONLY season 2 eps.

Actually, the first season aired in 2003, and it's been almost a year and a half before season 2 started. Why, have no idea. IMO I don't think that HBO has a set schedule for rotating their seasons.

I'm a firm believer in this series that you really need all the episodes to keep the story straight, as they start out like this:

[carnival----------------------------------------central conflict----------------------------------------New Canaan/Mintern/whatever]

and slowly but surely, the outside forces (the carnival, New Canaan/ whatever) pull towards each other. Frankly by the end of Season 1 I was all "Who's whatting the how with huh?" This season has made a lot of things from Season 1 make sense. There's a lot of echo, and a lot of things you gotta really catch and listen to. Little nuances that make things make more and more sense as the storylines progress.

Honestly, Jake you hit the nail on the head with your list. I seriously couldn't come up with anything better. And yeah, Samson's cool

Also, Enchirito and/or anyone else who needs convincing, just go to my site and watch my vid on it. It convinced Laura, that's for sure!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the COOLEST midget ever I'm watching the 1rst season as we speak.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
5. Boobies.

you're certainly right about that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yayyy!!! I'm happy we got someone to watch, me, I am.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn that priest is SO creepy. And who was that guy behind the curtain that the main character (still yet to catch the people's names) was talking to again? Was that "management" or something?
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that was management, but you never get to actually see him until season 2. Isn't the show the bomb...lol
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's creepy... that's for sure... uncomfortabl creepy at parts.... but good. very good lol
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doods! (Wow, I'm a dork.)

Thanks for posting that torrent link! I couldn't find them and blammo! There they are! I'm downloading a couple of them now. They're not the fastest in the universe, but hey, beggers can't be choosers. I'll get them one or two at a time, string it along slowly.

Maybe I could watch one episode a week! Just like watching it on TV! ...

Nah!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGGGG!!! I can't find a working torrent for #6: Pick_A_Number !!! Anybody find one? Or can someone tell me what happens so I can continue in my Carnivale craze must. know. secrets.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same goes for #8... but I want to watch # 7 first lol
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l told you Carnivale was awsome. lt's one of those shows that just hooks you and you just HAVE to watch the next episodes. Me, my mom and my older sister have been watching it since it started and we LOVE IT SSSOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Can't wait til tomorrow night~YAY THE FINALE.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that didn't tell me what happens in # 6, did it?! >.< WAAAHHH!!! Must Know!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go Hobbes. 1x06
Summary
As the carnival shuts down in the terrible moments following Dora Mae's murder, a foreboding pall falls over the troupe. Inside the Cootch tent, Stumpy Dreifuss lays next to his daughter, keeping vigil in anguished silence, while his wife screams hysterically searching for their other daughter, Libby.

Confronting the miners' supervisor, Samson tells him he's got till morning to bring them someone to hold accountable for Dora Mae's killing. The man laughs him off: "I got 500 men. How am I supposed to find out who killed your whore?" Samson tells him he doesn't give a damn if it's the right one or not, but that someone was going to "stand tall in front of the wagon."

When Samson tells Jonesy that Management wants a headcount to make sure everyone's okay, Jonesy explodes and tells him to quit spinning fairy tales, that there ain't no damn management. Samson is left sputtering, trying to explain the unexplainable.

Ben, meanwhile, still wanders in the surreal mineshaft. Spotting men lying on the ground ahead, he ducks under a beam and is rocked by an explosion. When he gets up, he finds himself in foxhole, surrounded by bodies and wearing a WWI uniform. Amid the gunfire and shell explosions, he hears strange, guttural sounds and discovers a huge beast devouring a corpse. He picks up a rifle and draws a bead on the animal-a bear? In a red hat?-just as another man, wearing a Russian uniform takes aim at him. Ben's rifle jams and the Russian turns and fires on the bear, but is himself mauled by the enraged creature.

Running, an astonished Ben encounters a younger-looking Lodz. "Have you seen my bear?" Lodz asks. There is another explosion, and Ben awakes, back in Babylon and next to the older, blind Lodz. "So. You're awake," he says. "What did you see?" But Ben still wants nothing to do with him.

In a timeless ritual, the carnies clean up Dora Mae and prepare her for burial. The men, armed to the teeth, are headed to town. "We ain't comin' back empty-handed," Samson says. "Everybody clear on that?" But when they arrive in Babylon, they see there will be no justice: there is not a living soul in town, anywhere. Jonesy is furious at the entire situation; Samson feels he is losing control of the agitated carnies.

A thousand miles away, an anguished Brother Justin sits in his burned-out mission, rocking and reading scripture and begging his God for answers. Hours or days later, he finally rises. "...led by the spirit into the wilderness," he says, and setting down his Bible and pulling off his collar, he begins to walk.

The Carnivale buries Dora Mae. Walking back to camp, arm-in-arm with Sophie, Jonesy seems about to tell her what he told Samson-that he is leaving Carnivale to join another outfit--when he spots Stangler again walking up his hill. "Samson!" he yells. "There's still one man left in Babylon!"

Stangler is brought out in front of the entire group and an ancient wagon is circled around him three times. The confused townsman is told to pick a number, from one to six, and a bullet is loaded in a revolver. Shaken, Stangler takes the number three, and three bullets are loaded in the revolver. He tries to explain: "If one's taken, it's better it was her," he says. "She weren't no good girl." As Stumpy attacks him in a rage, Stangler goes on: "You gotta understand we ain't got no women in Babylon. Be right nice to have someone to dance with...I'll watch over her as best I can..."

Samson levels the pistol at him and Spangler begs him to at least take him over the hill to do it. "If I die here, I stay here. Just like everyone else since Scudder left." But Samson squeezes the trigger. The chamber is empty. Another attempt brings the same result. Samson pulls the trigger a third time...click. Spangler has survived carnie justice.

The carnies are incensed and Rita Sue makes an impassioned plea to fire again, but Samson is final. "If we break the code, we ain't got nothin' left." Still, the mob is unconvinced, and Samson seems closer than ever to losing control. Looking at his boss, Jonesy finishes it: "We're packing up. Management wants us on the road by dawn."

Around a hobo fire, Brother Justin pulls from a bottle as fellow travelers tell stories of loss. "What about you, friend?" one asks Justin. Lost your job? Your girlfriend? Your dog? The preacher doesn't look up. "I lost my God."

The traveler, it turns out, is no tramp, but radio personality Tommy Dolan, whose travels form the basis of the program "True Tales from the Road." Dolan relates Justin's heartbreaking tale of intolerance and loss to tens of thousands of rapt listeners. "What kind of world is this, friends?" he asks on his show. "And what of Brother Justin? Where are you, Brother Justin?"

Just before the Carnivale takes to the road, Samson stops in for a whiskey from a surprised and appreciative Stangler. Samson asks him what he knows about Henry Scudder. The bartender explains that the miners of Babylon were planning to lynch the outsider Scudder after he murdered one of their own with a pick axe. But on the way, a massive cave-in killed the entire company.

"And the next night, they came back." Stangler says "Every one of them."

Samson thanks him for the whiskey and shoots him dead. But on the way out of town, a window catches his eye. Standing in it, a naked Dora Mae is looking out at him, just staring, until, with Samson looking on in horror, an arm reaches around and pulls her back...back into the shadows of Babylon.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woah. That's creepy even in written form! Thank you thank you thank you Holly! I'm going to go watch #7 now
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BtVSfreak, those reasons on the first page of this are why you should be watching Carnivale I JUST started not a month ago, a sceptic like you, and I loved it. If you love lost, you'll love this too.
Btw, Jake's relaly not kidding with the "boobies" comment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: