Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convince me to watch Carnivale
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Convince me to watch Carnivale Reply with quote

So, why should I watch it?
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floodgates = opening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's on HBO which means no commercials, no censorship, no annoying logos on screen, and no interruptions of any kind.

2. AWESOME visuals and story. Without going into things too much, it's basically a big set-up for a battle between good and evil a la The Stand or any huge epic.

3. It's very mysterious. If you think Lost has unanswered questions, it's got nothing on Carnivale.

4. The cast is awesome. Half of them have been on Seinfeld at one point or another which is cool. They just rock. Every part is great.

5. Boobies.

6. Swear words.

7. Many surreal moments that make you go "WHAT?" but still rock.

8. Cool midget that likes to say "Let's shake some dust".

9. Bearded lady.

10. Creepy priest who is really evil, but sometimes good, but always creepy.

11. The beautiful mystery that is Management.

12. There are NO ANNOYING BREAKS IN THE MIDDLE OF A SEASON.

13. Babylon episode and Carnie justice - "Do you live in Babylon?" "I wouldn't use THOSE words."

14. Fine line between dead people and living people.

15. Creepy fortune teller lady.

Okay, I need a break for now. The most important reason of all... IT'S GLORIOUS!!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!

Last edited by JakeNRoland on Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to download season 1 right now....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I made a convincing argument, though I recommend renting or Netflixing it. It's like 12 or 13 hour long episodes (and by hour, HBO MEANS HOUR) just for season one. Not to mention Season 2 is finishing on Sunday so that's another 12 or 13 right there.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should watch it because it has suppence, drama and it's about GOOD and EVIL. It takes place in the 30's in a Carnival full of freaks. It has an Awsome cast inclueding Nick Stahl, Cancy Brown, and Clea DuVall. Ben Hawkin's has the power to heal people (inclueding the Dead) and Brother Justin is a very Evil Man. l'm not very good at discribing the show very well but anyone who's anyone would tell you it's a fantastic SHOW and to watch it.

JakeNRoland said it all.

Last edited by Hollywood on Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know, I've only seen four episodes and I was hooked at the first one. I would say watch the episode BEFORE Lincoln Highway (can't remember the name) - but that'd just be silly!

That's the first episode I'd watched and I really only caught the last 20 minutes of it - I was hooked, but the killer was Lincoln Highway. Man that just blew me away.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some shows are okay to start in the middle. I don't think this is one of them. To quote Bart Simpson, "Let's start at the start and move right along..."

... "You can all sing along at the sound of the gong. Once upon a time about a week ago..."

Okay, I'll stop.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it is sort of silly to purposefully start watching a show in the middle. But we've only had HBO for about a month and a half now and it's been about a year and a half since I've had it so I sort of missed the whole Carnivale thing - in fact, I stopped having HBO, within weeks of Carnivale's premiere and I was looking forward to the show! We moved and tried other networks, but we finally convinced the big man to switch back to our beloved HBO. But, I definately would have watched it before now if I had had the chance.

I haven't had too much trouble catching up with the basic plotlines/characters/relationships although I probably should go read some detailed episode guides or something and get more up to speed.

I'm planning on downloading the episodes starting from episode 1 if I can find a place to download them that has them all (and actually has seeders.)

I guess my point was, this show drew me in within the first minutes of watching it. (Forget the first 20.) And I love the style, the music, and the story. Plus, it doesn't hurt that the acting is top notch. Brother Justin is so creepy, and yet so, ahem... enticing all at the same time.
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about the music, good point KC. Also, really cool opening title sequence, as is typical with HBO. Damn it I love HBO.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"all of a sudden trouble started to grow!"

okay I read Jakes list and was so going to download every episode straight away. Then I read Jakes second post and now I'm just pissed. 2 seasons already done? For some reason I thought it just started. Maybe I'll download them one by one and delete them as I go. Of course, if they're really good I'm screwed. I think I need a RAID array of like 5 200GB drives just for my TV collection. which includes complete Seinfeld. Best sitcom ever.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch and purge. Watch and purge. It's the only way with internet viewing. Only reason I haven't deleted Lost episodes is for these music videos. Watch and purge.

It's only two seasons, which on HBO are short. We've had 18 Lost episodes and season one isn't even near done. HBO seasons are only 12 or 13 episodes long.

Watch and purge.

Actually, as mentioned above, I recommend buying or renting season 1. Then downloading season 2.

Also, if you have On Demand, all of Season 2 is available. Just rent season 1 and then On Demand season 2. I love On Demand about as much as I love HBO and Tivo.

SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah E, there've been 2 seasons and the 2nd season finale is about to air, but keep in mind they're what? 13 episodes per season? That's only a two (or four) episodes more than a regular series has in one season.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake! Stop taking the words out of my mouth!

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, yeah >.< if someone ever finds a working torrent, tell me... I give up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: