Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Movies for 2005
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Top Movies for 2005 Reply with quote

What movies is everyone hanging out to see this year???

I'm a sucker for scary flicks so I'm looking forward to
The Ring 2 (comes out this week yay )
Dark Water (i know, i know another Japanese re-make)
The Skeleton Key

I'm not a huge huge fan of the Star Wars movies but I'll probably go see Episode III coz i have seen all the rest.

'Kingdom of Heaven' looks good (i'm also a sucker for epics like 'Troy' and 'Gladiator') and I think 'War of the Worlds' will be interesting.

hmm can't think of anything else... but i know there are more good movies coming out...

what about you guys???
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo I just thought of another one... it's called 'Crash' i think it's like an indie flick, but it's got a massive cast and the trailer looks intense...

here's a link to the trailer
http://www.crashfilm.com/
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it may have been limited release in December, but it didn't go wide until January (I don't think) so it counts...

The Life Aquatic! Loved that movie.

I haven't been excited about much in terms of movie-going lately. I wanted to see the Ring 2 but I wouldn't say I was "anticipating" it that much. I've heard from various sources that it sucked.

But I am definately anticipating Crash and Sin City. They both look good in their own ways - and the second half of hollywood that wasn't in Sin City is in Crash. I haven't seen them yet, though, (obviously) so I don't know if they're any good. But they look like they may be.

I love Don Cheadle. I love pronouncing his name "Shuh-Dell." It's the little things that make me happy.
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with ya KC, can't wait to see Sin City (partially cause it looks really good, partially cause one of my boys is buried beneath the 10 pounds of yellow makeup).
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see Sin City. It looks CRAZY awesome!

I was really looking forward to seeing The Ring Two (as the first one scared the bejesus out of me! And scary movies don't generally scare me), but I keep hearing that it sucks. I'll probably see it anyway, because I rarely go by what reviewers think. But I'm likely setting myself up for dissapointment.

I really want to see Constantine as well, it looks quite cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as I work for a video store we're always getting free stuff and recently we got free tickets to go see a prescreening of "The Ring 2" but seeing as I fastforwarded through most of the first movie I gave my ticket to my roommate and her brother. They both loved it. Everyone at work that saw it loved it too. I'm a firm believer that no movie is bad it's all about personal preference. Somewhere out there someone will love the movie. You can't judge a movie based on what others think you have to base it on what you like and enjoy in a movie (can you tell I'm used to telling that ot customers...lol). Personally I liked "Daredevil" and loved "Elektra" but a lot of other people totally disagree with me. Art isn't easy to define as good or bad because everyone sees it differently.

I can't even think of all the movies I want to see that are coming out. "Sin City" looks pretty cool. I want to see "Into the Blue" with Paul Walker and Jessica Alba. Other then those I can't think of anything else right now...lol. I can name every movie coming out on DVD for the net month but I can't think of any coming to theaters.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the big movie I will see:
Sin City (RR kicks much ass and the style blows me away)
War of the Worlds new teaser
Episode III (Lucas says it's "Titanic in Space" - meaning a huge disaster that you can't look away from)
Kung Fu Hustle (if it ever gets to the US. sigh)
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on Enchirito minus the Kung Fu Hustle.

That's a very bizarre sentence.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to Sin City, War of the Worlds and Episode III.

In addition I want to see:

DON'T PANIC!

Origin of the Dark Knight.

My lost music vids
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
DON'T PANIC!

Holy crap i forgot my most anticipated movie of 2005.
That is just sad.

I'll probably go see Batman Begins, but after watching the trailers I've lowered my expectations.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the best trailer ever for tHHGttG (wow... lota words there..) but I really don't like the way Marvin looks, he just doesn't live up to my idea of him (Btw. BEST CHARACTER EVER LMAO) but then again, I read the thing from an audio book, so I might have missed his decription a bit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotel Rwanda was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l'm really looking forward to seeing "War Of The Worlds" l'm not really a big Tom Cruise fan but this movie looks way too good to pass up. l won't miss this one.
Here's the Trailer Link http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

Another one l'd like to see is "The Fantastic Four" This movie looks wicked awesome. Action packed, non stop thrill ride (well so does WOTW...lol). This is another movie l have to see up close in a surround sound theatre.
Here's the Trailer link http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantastic_four/international/internet_exclusive/

Now for a scary one l'm really looking forward to seeing would probably have to be "Night Watch" l just watched the Trailer today for this movie and l think it looks really creepy. Wasn't there an 80's version of the movie? l don't know...lol. The First Chapter In An Epic Horror Trilogy. (TRILOGY-how cool is that) Anyway l wanna see this one. Here's the Trailer Link http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/night_watch/

Oh yeah and also me and my sister Jen can't wait to see the Chronicles of Narnia movie. There's 2 short featurettes up. Here's the Link http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia-fte1.html
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/thechroniclesofnarnia-fte2.html
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to see DVD releases early since I work at Blockbuster (I know I suck...lol) and we got in Blade: Trinity on Tuesday and I must say that movie rocks and gave me hope that Jessica Biel actually may be a good action star. So I went to see what she is working on and found the trailer for Stealth. You guys have got to check that out because it looks awesome.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/stealth/high.html

I'm a sucker for a good action movie so I will definitely be seeing this one in the theaters.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO.

"A stealth fighter jet struck by lighting becomes 'aware' and threatens to destroy all of humanity. Only a group of rouge fighter pilots have a change to save the day."

Are we running out of ideas hollywood? lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: