Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush Is Leaking Spoilers...lol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlwaysLost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Bush Is Leaking Spoilers...lol Reply with quote

PRESIDENT BUSH ACCUSED OF LEAKING SPOILERS FOR ABC’S ‘LOST’
Politicians fear Bush will also reveal spoiler for ‘Veronica Mars’

Hollywood – Leading Republicans and Democrats are asking President Bush to speak publicly about his involvement in the leaking of a major spoiler of “Lost” to an Entertainment Weekly blog. The information allegedly provided by the President revealed the significance of the mysterious recurrent numbers on the show. “We ought to get to the bottom of to find out if the President knows anything at all about the Dharma Initiative,” said Senate Judiciary Committe Chairman Arlen Specter.

“Everyone in Washington, D.C. knows that President Bush has close ties with J.J [Abrams, the creator of ‘Lost’],” said Howard Dean, Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. “We can understand that the President has leaked information before in an effort to bolster his case for war. But this time, with this ‘Lost’ spoiler, he has gone too far!”

The White House is not commenting on this latest revelation, but Sen. John Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat who ran against Bush for president in 2004, said it was wrong for Bush to reveal crucial information about “Lost.”

“The American people have invested nearly two years of their lives on this program,” Kerry said on “Meet the Press” on NBC. “I think it’s a disgrace for the President to leak this sensitive information about 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 when the American people clearly want to wait another five, six, or possibly seven seasons, to find out what the numbers mean.”

In a federal court filing two weeks ago, Vice President **** Cheney’s former chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby, testified before a grand jury that he was authorized by Bush, through Cheney, to leak information about the meaning of the numbers on “Lost” to the Entertainment Weekly blog early last year. Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald did not say in the filing that Bush authorized Libby to leak another major spoiler, the true identity of Henry Gale. Nevertheless, the court documents provide the most concrete evidence to date that the President was engaged in a campaign to disclose selected snippets of information from “Lost.”

“The president has the legal authority to declassify information by releasing it,” said Michael Brooks, an expert on Presidential powers. “The big question is whether or not the Numbers on ‘Lost’ were technically ‘classified.’ Different scholars have different views on the meaning of ‘classified.’”

According to the information leaked on the Entertainment Weekly blog, the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 are points along the Becker-Hagens Planetary Grid System. The planetary energy grid operates through certain geometrical patterns that follow a specific symmetry. The grids meet at various intersecting points forming a kind of matrix. This is equivalent to the acupressure points on our bodies. These grid points can be found at some of the strongest power places on the planet. The Island is located exactly at point 42 on the grid – it’s about halfway between Australia and the east side of the African continent. The Dharma Initiative symbol – the octagon – is a Becker-Hagens grid.

“It explains why some people are suddenly healed when they arrived on the island,” said former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, and a critic of “Lost.” “It still doesn’t explain why Hurley played those numbers on the lottery and who exactly are ‘The Others.’”

“I’m not convinced President Bush even understands what the hell any of that Planetary Grid System even means,” said Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, a prospective 2008 presidential candidate. “He’s made a huge mess out of this whole ‘Lost’ thing. Now, from what I understand, the President is focusing his attention on another program. Let me make this clear Mr. President: we don’t want to know who blew up the bus on ‘Veronica Mars!’ Stop saying it was [House Minority Leader] Nancy Pelosi.”

http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2006/04/17/president-bush-accused-of-leaking-spoilers-for-abcs-lost/
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, They edited out Dick Cheney's name.

Um. Is it 2008 yet?
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL

I like the part with the " wait another 6 seasons"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Spinning Iris
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very interesting idea. But something bothers me about it. it said
Quote:
The Island is located exactly at point 42 on the grid – it’s about halfway between Australia and the east side of the African continent.

How can this be possible if the plane was flying from Sydney (East Australia) to L.A. (West USA) flying over the pacific? If this were true they would have to be in like the Indian ocean instead of the Pacific.
Does anyone esle see I mean or am I the only one? Or do I know absolutely nothing about lost Or maybe I am taking this too seriously.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? No. You're completely wrong.

Hehe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: