Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Everyone!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

Hi All!

Rachel aka DaisyAdair here :Wave:

How is everyone?

I have a few comments/suggestions for the site

1. I would like a link to Lostvideo.net on the forms- When you click on the LVI icon it just brings you back to the Forum and not the main page

2. A way to tell which videos are new too LVI, without having to go back to the main page lostvideo.net

3. I would like the pic. that is submitted with the video to be submitted on the forum posting as well.

4. Maybe a forum member's pick? What I mean is videos that do not receive a council pick, but other members of the forum believe that the video is good, that the video deserves a MP (Member Pick).

Thank you all for welcoming me to the forum!
These are just suggestions please do not get offended.
I am just here to comment on a few things that I believe would make LVI a better place.

Council Member's you are all doing a wonderful job at keeping this place going!

-Rachel aka DaisyAdair

P.S. I promise that I will get a video up soon, I know it has been a long time. I have three videos in the works I hope you all will be able to watch them all!
cows23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are all good suggestions and I agree with them, but I am not a council member so I can't do anything about them. And also I thought I should say that I just saw Howl's Moving Castle last night and loved it, so, nice banner!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the one about Member Picks. Maybe we could have like a vote on our favorites. Ya know, like a public vote. It couldn't hurt to try. I think people choice awards would be cool. But that's just me, I'm just a lowly member/servant. ::bows humbly::
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cows23-Thank you for the comment! Howl's Moving Castle RULES!! lol I heart Miyazaki films

Fan4Lost- Good suggestion! Public vote would work well for this fourm. I know that there is a topic on people's favorite videos on LVI. I am sure that not all of them are CP's.

I can not wait to hear what the council thinks about my suggestions!

*playing Survivor music -waiting for the Tribe has spoken line* LOL
cows23
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaisyAdair wrote:
Cows23-Thank you for the comment! Howl's Moving Castle RULES!! lol I heart Miyazaki films

Me too! Did you see Castle in the Sky? That was my favorite.
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cows23 wrote:
DaisyAdair wrote:

Me too! Did you see Castle in the Sky? That was my favorite.

Of COURSE!

i got hooked on MiyazaKi at a young age with MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO

lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

DaisyAdair wrote:
1. I would like a link to Lostvideo.net on the forms- When you click on the LVI icon it just brings you back to the Forum and not the main page

2. A way to tell which videos are new too LVI, without having to go back to the main page lostvideo.net

3. I would like the pic. that is submitted with the video to be submitted on the forum posting as well.

All of these are really cool ideas and ones I've thought of before too but it would require E and Warren making drastic manipulations of the coding of the board. It took E a lot of work just to make the bots that we use to automatically post stuff to the site and board simultaneously. But I'll bring these ideas up with them and see if any of them are possible.

Quote:
4. Maybe a forum member's pick? What I mean is videos that do not receive a council pick, but other members of the forum believe that the video is good, that the video deserves a MP (Member Pick).

As I just mentioned in the last response I gave to you in the other topic we're inthe middle of planning a big upgrade to the site and I think this is a really cool idea. Again it would require them trying to manipulate the coding of the boards but I'll definitely bring this one up with them because it would be cool to give you guys that option. Whether it's possible to do or not though will be up to the technical masters known as E and Warren but I think it is really cool.

Quote:
Council Member's you are all doing a wonderful job at keeping this place going!

Well we've noticed a severe decline in site postings lately so to hear that new people are finding our site and not just that but really getting into posting is really good to know. Hopefully our planned upgrade to the site (which may have to happen in stages so we don't have to completely shut down the site like we've done in previous upgrades ) will bring in more people like you.

We love hearing idea from everyone so if anyone else has any ideas to ass onto Daisy's then please do so. LVI i shere for all of you so if you want to see something on the site let us know and we'll do what we can to see if it is possible to accomplish.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi Everyone! Reply with quote

[quote="lostcalier"]
Quote:

Well we've noticed a severe decline in site postings lately so to hear that new people are finding our site and not just that but really getting into posting is really good to know. Hopefully our planned upgrade to the site (which may have to happen in stages so we don't have to completely shut down the site like we've done in previous upgrades ) will bring in more people like you.

I don't remember how I found this site. I believe that I was bored one day and I started looking up Lost sites. I found the lost media site and some other sites. Then.... I found this one!

See what drew me to this site was first and foremost the videos. However, what made me stay was the people! All of you guys/girls are so nice and welcoming. I mean when I first posted in the introduction post SuperKC said Hi right away. I believe that this is the first time that I have been welcomed to a forum. That is REALLY what sets LVI apart from the rest of the bunch! See I am a member of "Lost on ABC" Myspace group and they are a bunch of a** h****. Sorry if any of you are members, the group is very clique.

So thank you all again for welcoming me to LVI.

I hope I can spread the good word of LVI!

W.W.J.D? (Jack lol)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: