Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

W.W.B.D.?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: W.W.B.D.? Reply with quote

What WOULD Buffy Do? An age old question.

Here is the place for any residual (the shows been cancelled for 2 years already) Buffy banter.

"Party in my eye socket and everyone's invited! Sometimes I shouldn't say words."
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and I must think alike, cause I was THIS close to posting that with my "More Random Buffy Quotes"
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh!! Sorry...
And it hasn't been exactly 2 years yet, we have a couple of months.
R.I.P.-Buffy the vampire slayer 1997-2003
"She saved the world, A lot"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaime wrote:
Ahh!! Sorry...
And it hasn't been exactly 2 years yet, we have a couple of months.
R.I.P.-Buffy the vampire slayer 1997-2003
"She saved the world, A lot"

LMAO. burn

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are your favorite COMEDIC episodes of Buffy? (Feel free to quote them.)

I'm going to go with the following:

Band Candy - Who could forget Snyder as goofy tag-along guy and Giles as hot badboy? Love this! Also, "Kiss Rocks? Why would anyone want to... oh, I get it."

Fear, Itself - Best. Lines. Ever. - observe:

Oz: "Mi Casio es su Casio."

Buffy: "I was just thinking about the life of a pumpkin. You grow up in the sun, happily entwined with others, and someone comes along, cuts you open and rips your guts out."

Xander: "I could'a been God."
Oz: "Blasphemer."

Buffy: "Thank the lord!"
Oz: "You're welcome."

Buffy: "Let's face it Will, your basic spells are really only about 50/50."
Willow: "Oh yeah? Well so's your face!"

Xander: "Who's a little fear demon?"
Giles: "Xander, don't taunt the fear demon."
Xandery: "Why? Can he hurt me?"
Giles: "No. It's just tacky."

Buffy: "There is no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate."
Willow: "I think I'm gonna barf."
Buffy: "'Cept that."

Tabula Rasa: Love this! The father/son Giles/Spike thing. The Joan thing. The slay her with spikes thing. The hippity hopping all over Anya's vulnerable flesh thing. Greatness. (And then suddenly, sadness.)

Joan: "It's like I'm like a superhero or something."

Joan: "Just who do those creeps think they are?!"
Anya: "Blood suckers. They kill by sucking blood. Take it easy, Joan."

Something Blue: Giles going blind is classic.

Buffy: "Do you wanna be 'William the Bloody' or just 'Spike,' cause either way it's gonna look majorly weird."
Spike: "Whereas Buffy gives it that touch of classic elegance."
Buffy: "What's wrong with Buffy?!"
Giles: "Ah, such a good question."

Buffy: "Spike and I are getting married!"
Xander: "What? How? What?"

Xander: "Can I be blind too?"
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bored now.." ok I'm not just saying that as a quote, I have nothing to do........
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
lahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahb
ahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbl
hblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla

ok im done now.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good one from Something Blue is the quote when Xander and Anya come to Giles' house and Xander starts waving his hands in front of Giles' face to verify that he's really gone blind:

Giles: Stop. Whatever you're doing. You smell like fruit roll-ups.

The disdain in his voice is classic.

Another one of my favorites said to Giles after Spike takes his sweet time saving him from a vamp:

Spike: What did your life flash before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea.

Man, I need to think of more good quotes....

I will return! With more quotage!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I posted these over in that other thread, but they really belong here...

More Random Buffy Quotes:

Spike: Oh, the Great Xander thinks so? Shudder, gasp! It must be true!
----------------------------
Spike: You Englishmen with your Nancy-boy accents... bloody hell. Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. I'm English!
Giles: Welcome to the Nancy Tribe.
------------------------------
Spike: I'm insane, what's Xander's excuse?
-----------------------------------
Andrew: Timothy Dalton should win an Oscar and beat Sean Connery over the head with it!!!
------------------------------------
Andrew: I miss "Ferris" Mathew. "Broadway" Matthew, I find him cold.
---------------------------------
Andrew: We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa-burgers, and not one of you bunch has the midiclorians to stop her.
--------------------------------
Buffy: I mean, I know every Slayer comes with an expiration mark on the package, but I want mine to be a long time from now... Like a Cheeto...
------------------------------------------
Buffy: You always think harder is better. Maybe the next time I patrol, I should carry bricks and use a stake made of butter.
Buffy: Yes. And then I'm going to marry Bob Dole and raise penguins in Guam.
Giles: Well, we listened to some aggressively cheerful music sung by people chosen for their ability to dance, then we ate cookie dough and talked about boys.
----------------------------------
And some new ones...
Spike: C'mon! It's Telly-time! Passions is on! Timmy's down the bloody well, and if you make me miss it, I'll-
Giles: (cutting him off) You'll do what? Lick me to death?!
--------------------------------
Buffy: You know what? I don't think you want us to let you go. Maybe we made it a little too comfy in here for ya.
Spike: Comfy? I'm chained to a bathtub drinking pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rate huge in the Zagat's Guide.
------------------------------
Cordelia, your mouth is open. Sound is coming out. This is never good." -Buffy
-------------------------------------
Willow: Great, I'll give Xander a call. What's his number? Oh yeah, 1-800-IM-DATING-A-SKANKY-HO.
Buffy: Meow!
Willow: Really? Thanks, I've never gotten a 'meow' before.
Buffy: Well deserved.
Willow: Darn tootin'!
---------------------------------
Buffy: So let me get this straight. I'm really back in school because the school board overruled you. Wow. That's like having your whole ability to do this job called into question, when you think about it.
Joyce: I think what my daughter's trying to say is: 'Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!'
-----------------------------------
Spike: I get why the demons all fall in line with you. You're like Tony Robbins if he was a big, scary, Frankenstein-looking... You're exactly like Tony Robbins.
Spike: If everyone who said they were at the Crucifixtion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock. I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a Flower Person and spent the next six hours watching my hand move.
--------------------------------------
Spike: I must be a noble vampire. A good guy, on a mission of redemption. I help the hopeless. I'm a vampire with a soul!
Buffy: 'A vampire with a soul?' Oh my god, how lame is that?
Buffybot: Angel's lame. His hair goes straight up and he's bloody stupid.
Spike: I ate a decorator once. Maybe something stuck.
---------------------------------------
Buffy: You run?
Giles: And jump. And bend. And, occasionally, frolic.
--------------------------------------
Cordelia: I demand an explanation.
Xander: For what?
Cordelia: Wesley!
Xander: um... inbreeding?
----------------------------------
Xander: Party in my eye socket and everyone's invited! (beat) Sometimes, I should just not say words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Willow: Promise me you'll never be linear.
Oz: On my trout.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy: It's you.
Riley: It's me.
Buffy: You're here.
Riley: I know.
Buffy: And... were you always this tall?

Last edited by BA5763 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the length of that... And also for these last few, wanted to separate them cause they're from Angel...

Cordelia is portraying Buffy and Wesley is portraying Angel

Cordy: Oh, Angel... I know that I am a Slayer and you're a vampire, and it would be impossible for us to be together, but...
Wesley: But! My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth. Oh Buffy!
Cordy: Yes, Angel?
Wesley: Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!
Cordy: And just because I sent you to Hell that one time, doesn't mean we can't just be friends.
Wesley: Or possible more.
Cordy: Gasp! No! We mustn't! Ah!
Wesley: Kiss Me.
Cordy: Bite me.
Angel: Why don't you both bite me?
Cordelia: Fred can barely tie her shoes without Mr. Oh-You're-My-Big-Fat-Hero around.
Angel: You think I'm fat?
Fred: So, now that she's alive again, are they gonna get back together? Angel and that girl with the goofy name?
Wesley: Well, Fred, that's a difficult question. I think it's fair to say... no, not a chance, never, no way, not in a million years, and also nuh-uh.
Spike: Blood. Smells different. Stronger.
Andrew: Like nickels?

Ok, I swear, I'm done now...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cordelia: Fred can barely tie her shoes without Mr. Oh-You're-My-Big-Fat-Hero around.
Angel: You think I'm fat?

I burst out laughing when I read this. Why do I not have this show on DVD?
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually on that one, it took me a couple of times to catch what he sez.

And My fave Angel quote was the skit betwix Wes and Cordy reinacting the love catastrophe that is Buffy/Angel (sorry, I'm a Spuffy girl)
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ep was the Cordy/Wesley mocking of Angel from? I know I've seen it, I just don't remember. CLASSIC!

My absolute favorite quote from AtS ever is this (extremely lengthy) one from season 1 ep 3 when Spike comes to LA and is standing on a rooftop watching Angel talking with a girl he just saved:

SPIKE: (imitating girl) How can I thank you, you mysterious, black-clad hunk of a night thing? (imitating Angel) No need, little lady, your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You see, I was once a badass vampire, but love and a pesky curse defanged me. Now I'm just a big, fluffy puppy with bad teeth.

(girl steps closer to Angel, and Angel steps back, warding her off with his hands)

SPIKE: No, not the hair! Never the hair! (high voice) But there must be someway I can show my appreciation. (low voice) No, helping those in need's my job, and working up a load of sexual tension, and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks enough! (high voice) I understand. I have a nephew who is gay, so... (low voice) Say no more. Evil's still afoot! And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy hair gel that I like so much. Quickly, to the Angel-mobile, away!

First time I saw this I nearly died laughing
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was from the beginning of Fredless, they were discussing Angel seeing Buffy after she came back from being six feet under.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly appropriate, from Earshot:

Quote:

Jonathan: "Stop saying my name like we're friends! We're not friends! You all think I'm an idiot! A short idiot!"

Buffy: "I don't. I don't think about you much at all, nobody here really does. Bugs you, doesn't it? You have all this pain, and all these feelings and nobody's really paying attention."

Jonathan: "You think I just want attention?"

Buffy: "No. I think you're up in the clock tower with a high-powered rifle because you wanna blend in. Believe it or not, Jonathan, I understand about the pain."

Jonathan: "Oh, right! 'Cause the burden of being beautiful and athletic... that's a crippler!"

Buffy: "You know what? I was wrong. You are an idiot. My life happens to, on occasion, suck beyond the telling of it - sometimes more than I can handle. And it's not just mine. Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own - the beautiful ones, the popular ones, the guys that pick on you - everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling - the loneliness, the confusion. It looks quiet down there. It's not. It's deafening."
SariaAngel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite moments that still makes me laugh:
XANDER: (thinking)What am I gonna do? I think about sex all the time! Sex! Help! 4 times 5 is thirty. 5 times 6 is 32. Naked girls. Naked Women! Naked Buffy! Oh stop me!
BUFFY God Xander! Is that all you think about?
XANDER Actually... bye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: