Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I fix My Video "What you waiting for?"?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: How do I fix My Video "What you waiting for?"? Reply with quote

Ok, just wanting to know what parts need fixing, and so on and so forth. Thanks .
-Jaime
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Master Hobbes will show you the way young Padawan.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was fast! okay, well, it's mostly just problems with the details, like the clipping WMM always screws up on >.< mainly the things at the back of the second training video.
I think you know this already, but it's mainly those little clips between clips that make up the "messy clipping". The only way to get rid of them is either to chop off a frame or two from the offending clip, or coverign it up with an effect, like fade from black.
A lot of the jerkyness from this video is just from the lask of effects you used. And I know what you mean, and what you were thinking... they just wouldn't fit well, would they? hmmm.. problem is that those scenes, especially the changes from scene to scene in one series of clips, are a bit of a pain on the eyes. What I'm asking you to do would take forever to do however >.< so I'm kind of reluctant to ask you, but if you faded the first .2 seconds of every clip which changes the scene to another scene, that problem would be solved... I THINK
Then there's kind of the problem with those Sun/Jin clips, the subtitles at the bottom get in the way very annoyingly... I recommend Dr. Divx, which you can use to cut off the bottom offending bits, AND make the whole thing look nicer picture-quality wise...

I know this is a little over the top asking all that... but without those fixes, the vid really gets ruined from what you were trying to portray I really loved that song, and how it was done: damn cool. Just think about impressing the welcome party when your vid makes it through, and try to endure the long pain I'm making you go through from the fixing-up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey! I will start working on it A.S.A.P. and thanks, I like the song to. I was trying to think of a way of making it Lost-ty, and started reading the lyrics and went "Holy Crap!" it totally screams Sun and Jin!
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! Watching it now, and its a big impovement I'm just gonna talk to the others a little bit , and see if we're done here
btw, just what is that snowflake with "watch" under it in the corner? I've seen that in a few vids... just where di you get those episode 17 files from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them from a link that lithiumdoll sent me, it's http://www.livejournal.com/community/tinalikesstuff/
Yay, im glad it's a "big improvement" !!!
-Jaime
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try not to take 'em from there in the future LOL
Lost videos have enough stupid watermarks all over the left side, we don't need one like that on the right to mess it up too heheh
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey dokey then.
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soooooooooooooo....., wuz up?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okey dokey... nobody else can seem to take the time out of their busy schedules to watch it, so I guess I can't get a second opinion, but I think I kinda screwed up with what I told you to do, I kinda made it worse by telling you to cut the bottom out >.< lol. Could you send it as the normal version without the bottom chopped off? Sorry for the trouble once again >.< lol
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i checked and it's still saved on my computer!
Yay! I will send it soon...
Jaime
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i don't wanna sound impatient, but why haven't you guys updated the site (like with videos) yet?
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Jedi Master Enchirito has been a bit busy. I think he's the one who updates the vids. I could be wrong. I am but a young, well lowly padawan.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: