Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Crazy Theory Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: The Crazy Theory Thread Reply with quote

I am usually the first person to laugh at crazy theories, and here I am coming up with one of my own.

I recall someone at some point saying that they believed that the man that Kate loved/killed was her father. I think that's a good theory and it got me thinking about her dad and what circumstances would surround his death.

My idea was that maybe her father is a criminal of some sort and perhaps she exposed him (to authorities or to enemies) and caused his death? Then of course I got to thinking, if her dad is a criminal, and it's starting to look like everyone is somehow connected on the island, maybe Kate's dad is REALSawyer. (Sawyer probably not being his real name - it doesn't make sense that he'd give the women he schemes his real name.)

See, this is how dumb theories get started:
man loved/killed = dad = criminal = REALFAKESawyer

Last edited by SuperKC on Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read about this possible connection before and it certainly sounds like a possibility. We shall see.

I think the crazy theory I dread the most is the one where they're all pyschiatry patients strapped to mind altering machines and they're all creating this shared delusion based on past trauma. I might break my TV if that turns out to be the case.

... No, I would never bring harm to My Precious!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the crazy theory I dread the most is the one where they're all pyschiatry patients strapped to mind altering machines and they're all creating this shared delusion based on past trauma.

Holy crap, what a crazy theory! And bad at that! I would be so angry. I think any theory in which the island ISN'T real sucks. It's not imaginary. They really are there and these things really are happening - screwed up as it may seem. I think the people who come up with these "dream/purgatory/mind-altering machine" theories are those that have trouble with suspension of disbelief. They can't believe that what is happening on the island is real and so they have to create a theory that says it isn't. I come from the school of Buffy, so to me, it's all real. (In a fake TV-magic way, of course.)

Oh, that's a good theory! Maybe they're all being secretly filmed and broadcast around the world a la the Truman Show! And they don't even know it! It's all a set-up! And "the others" are just production staff! Ethan was a disgruntled studio staff-member who was just trying to warn them! *insert sarcasm here*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Maybe they're all being secretly filmed and broadcast around the world a la the Truman Show! And they don't even know it! It's all a set-up! And "the others" are just production staff! Ethan was a disgruntled studio staff-member who was just trying to warn them!

LMAO. I've actually heard this one too. What's worse is I kind of like this one. LOL. I keep picturing when Locke ran into "the monster" and how when it was coming out of the trees it totally felt like a camera crane. LOL. Yep, that's what it is. Survivor: 2009.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that Kate one... it seems to me that the fact that she has been in love once, and that she has been married once kind-of contradict the father thing.
Maybe the same theory, only instead of her father, it was her husband
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you started with the "crazy theory thread" so here is one.

Taking the filming theme another step. The cast of Lost crash land on an island where they are filming the 3rd Flintstones episode and that loud noise was the sound of the Brontosaurus and the bird whistle to signal end of shift for Fred at the quarry.

I know it doesn't fit with the pilot thing but oh well.

On a more serious note I like the Kate's dad is the real Sawyer idea.

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

If that's a real instance, and those facts are accurate, not made-up by the poster, that coul very well fit what's happening here on lost...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:
http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51

If that's a real instance, and those facts are accurate, not made-up by the poster, that coul very well fit what's happening here on lost...
How the heck do you find these things Hobbes? That was really interesting but the details about Locke and how he started working etc struck me as pretty thin. It was a good read though. I could buy most of the stuff before he goes into the current cast's involvement.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my sources
which involve stealing other people's sources form other forums..... BUT ANYWAY!

That site there is one weird one. It's uncertain whether it's a fan based or official site, but I assume it's fan based, seeing as how it began AFTER Hurley's episode. Basically it's filled with number theorists and such, and then there was this post... Maybe the most interesting one on the site.
Yeah, it looks too fishy, and a little too close to be real. I figure it's either completely made-up, or the person pulled the facts entirely to fit the lost plot, but if it's neither of those things, then that could be really cool, seeing as how I can just imagine that this would be the kind of thing the writers would base their story on without the general public guessing what it was. It has to be speciffic enough to ammount to more than a "military experiment", so if that's what it is, then there must be some kind of full reason for all of these mysteries on the island. I mean, regular military experiments just don't make cray invisible monsters, do they..?
Anyway, yes, an interesting read indeed
A friend of mine assures me that that is indeed a real project, probably like "area 51" and all that jazz, but he has no idea what it's about lol

Quote:
where they began testing boys around the age of 10 that looked aryan, as in blond hair, blue eyes (like locke..) transporting them through underground lairs.

that jumped out at me so much, but not for Locke, for Claire. When I hear "blue eyes, blonde hair" I IMMEDIATELY think of Claire. It's almost like the stagehands wanted to accentuate those features... and it would make for the reason why Ethan wanted Claire... somewhat.. lol
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW. THAT was quite a theory. Sounds pretty good though. We shall see. Makes you wonder if the writers ever see something like that and just go, "Fuck!! How the hell did someone figure that out?"

LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is that what JJ comes up with will blow all of our minds for about 3 days, then we'll all collectively say--"OH why didn't i see that coming." Two days after that we'll all be bragging about how we knew it the entire time. BTW love the kate/real saywer theory---but i'm telling you if someone guessed it-it ain't true-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

Holy crap, what a crazy theory! And bad at that! I would be so angry. I think any theory in which the island ISN'T real sucks. It's not imaginary. They really are there and these things really are happening - screwed up as it may seem. I think the people who come up with these "dream/purgatory/mind-altering machine" theories are those that have trouble with suspension of disbelief. They can't believe that what is happening on the island is real and so they have to create a theory that says it isn't. I come from the school of Buffy, so to me, it's all real. (In a fake TV-magic way, of course.)

Oh, that's a good theory! Maybe they're all being secretly filmed and broadcast around the world a la the Truman Show! And they don't even know it! It's all a set-up! And "the others" are just production staff! Ethan was a disgruntled studio staff-member who was just trying to warn them! *insert sarcasm here*

Here's my two cents worth of sarcasm (straight from the school of Buffy, I think I rode the bus with you ):

So what you're saying is that some weird demon poked them all in the arm and now they're hallucinating that they're on the island when in fact they're patients at a mental hospital and the really nice doctor's trying to tell them that 3 nerds from their high school made them crazy and the polar bear is a figment of their imaginations?

Sorry, it's late and I haven't had enough Red Bull/Starbuck's today.
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC, I was one of the Purgatory believers but suspension of disbelief is not a problem since I am one of the believers that "...life here began out there far across the universe...who even now fight to survive far far away amongst the stars" (cue The Los Angeles Phiharmonic Orchestra).

Hobbes, I like some of the threads on that numbers site but it seems like it has to be a fan based/created setup. Interesting threads about that band site.

It is fun guessing what the connections are and March 30th can't come soon enough, but then afterwards I will probably be anxiously awaiting the 2 part season finale.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really meant more people who continuously come up with "the island's not real" theories have a problem with suspension of disbelief. I can't theorize too much or it takes away my enjoyment of the show and my ability to believe what they're presenting to me. All the crazy theories make me... well, crazy!
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course I was completely joking in the first place, running with the whole "school of Buffy" thing.

My crazy theory: They're on a deserted, wait, let me rephrase, was-previously-undiscovered-&-uncharted-until-now island in the Pacific that happens to have polar bears living on it. Oh, and an addition to my crazy theory, the plane crashed.

"No one can ever know for sure what a deserted area looks like." ~George Carlin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: