Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I Alone On This One?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Am I Alone On This One? Reply with quote

Does anyone else think that Jack might be gay? He hasn't made one single advance toward Kate or anyone. Although he did mention a past girlfriend to Claire who heard talk in his sleep. Maybe he was talking about men in a provocative manner? Okay, maybe he's not gay. Or maybe he has wife or fiancee or something. But I just don't get how he's not made a single advance.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack has demonstrated jealousy about Sawyer and Kate's encounters... You think maybe he has the hots for Sawyer? Hmm...EWWW!

My lost music vids
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thought. Yes. This theory is gaining strength before my eyes. He also had that nice lay down together with Locke after he almost fell over the cliff. He seemed very very happy about that (nevermind his life was just saved).

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack's not gay! How dare you all! He just seems a little...unsure of himself. He's like reserved, almost shy. I think it's cute.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it! Why did you have to come up with this idea now that I think about it he has had a roll in the grass with Locke at the cliff, Sawyer ... ok well he belted him in the cave... but that could be like love taps. He decided to save Boone in the water instead of the drowning woman...ARGH!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
Darn it! Why did you have to come up with this idea? Sawyer ... ok well he belted him in the cave... but that could be like love taps. He decided to save Boone in the water instead of the drowning woman...ARGH!

I'm telling you. I've been thinking about it for awhile, but I didn't want to bring it up and have it sound like a stupid idea. But the more I think about it the more I think it's possible.

Of course, it could also be he might be married or be in any type of committed relationship.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I vaguely recall that Kate asked about him being married? I'm not positive but I think he laughed that question off and replied "no," but I might be thinking of a different show.
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
Somehow I vaguely recall that Kate asked about him being married? I'm not positive but I think he laughed that question off and replied "no," but I might be thinking of a different show.

I don't think that happened. I think I would have remembered that.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think that happened either.

Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! I'm totally with you on the Jack being gay thing! Everyone else thinks I'm crazy, but come ON. He has little to no interest in Kate. She's damn hot and practically throwing herself all over him and he's barely reciprocating. So he's either gay or REALLY REALLY dense (or, I suppose, really really married. But you'd think that would have come up at SOME point!). Frankly, either could be possible.

Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to think he's gay due to my strange and unexplainable love for the Jack/Charlie pairing (don't ask, I don't know where it came from, I know it's completely implausable, hell, I don't even go as far as reading fic about them, but for some reason I always squee a little when they're onscreen together. And the mouth to mouth thing just KILLED me. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.).

*waits for people to start slowly backing away from me in fear*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to think he's gay due to my strange and unexplainable love for the Jack/Charlie pairing (don't ask, I don't know where it came from, I know it's completely implausable, hell, I don't even go as far as reading fic about them, but for some reason I always squee a little when they're onscreen together. And the mouth to mouth thing just KILLED me. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.).

*waits for people to start slowly backing away from me in fear*

Allllriiighhtttyyy then!!!

LMAO. That was beautiful. As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, these are the types of chances that network TV never makes. Now, if we were lucky enough for this to have been an HBO show, then who knows.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone else think that Jack might be gay? He hasn't made one single advance toward Kate or anyone. Although he did mention a past girlfriend to Claire who heard talk in his sleep. Maybe he was talking about men in a provocative manner? Okay, maybe he's not gay. Or maybe he has wife or fiancee or something. But I just don't get how he's not made a single advance.

I didn't much, but I do now

More than that, I really think that Boone might be gay, and that love of Shannon was just some strange way to try and prove to himself that he's not... by doing it with his sister... nevermind....

anyway, if Boone's gay, then Jack is the most plausible candidate to be the one he ends up with I mean, come on, who else would fit the part??? Locke???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's much proof in any direction that Jack is or isn't gay.

There was the one scene where he was supposedly checking her out, but hey, maybe he really was thinking about cavernous irrigation systems instead of her ass?

I think there's even less proof that Kate's thrown herself at Jack. What episode? Did I miss something? Haha.

Also, I don't think the fact that he hasn't made any advances on her is any indication that he's gay! He could A) Not even like her because of her *gasp* personality/past? B) Have an S.O. off-island. C) Be a gentleman. What have they been on the island two months? Does he have to jump on the nearest woman right away? They're not cavemen yet. Well, not the club 'em over the head kind anyway. D) Have other shit on his mind than hooking up, like taking care of the survivors medical needs, dealing with unseen monsters and kidnappings, evil guys named ethan and unexplained polar bears, strange french women and OH YEAH, the fact that he's stuck on some mysterious island with no forseeable way off?

As a female, I find it scary that the guys think he's gay just because he hasn't hit on a woman yet. No wonder men are such pigs! They're just making sure their buddies don't call them "gay!" Haha!

So I guess he could be gay, but if he is gay, why hasn't he humped Boone-a-licious yet? (Just making a point!)
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why you little shits LOL. He isn't gay--he is just wearing a gay man's uniform. Still don't understand why Sawyer walks around in blue jeans and a silk dress shirt, and jack is in a purple gay bar hopping costume. (in the words of seinfeld--not that theres anything wrong with that)
I think he is interested in Kate, but doesn't trust her. Yup...thats all I got. HE ISN'T GAY! lol-l

ok if i'm defending a fictional character's sexuallity its time i got out more

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Astarte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jack is gay and something I mentioned elsewhere already, he is really good at hiding his sexuality, because it is still not the best career move to come out in your work place, especially if you are a surgeon and your dad works in the same clinic and you have some unexplored father issues. And on the island it is not the best move to become the leader...

And yepp, he has the hots for Sawyer, but would settle for Boone...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: