Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Vids Are We Working On?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just finishing off a Buffy vid but then I plan to return to Lost with a Charlie/Hurley comedy and a possible Locke video. That's if I don't get distracted in the meantime.

Cliodna
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on re-doing my "Fallen" Kate video, and I'm very slowing working on a multi-character blend to "Get Inside You".

Dio
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished a video called "Eden" but haven't got enough space to upload it! Doh! I'll have to do some clearing out before I can get it up.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just starting my most ambitious vid project ever, codenamed "The Trilogy." Yes, it's three vids, which I'm working on at the same time, all interconnected, yet should also be able to stand on their own. My main problem is that I feel exceptionally stupid for doing this right now because:

1) I've tried every way I can think of but the sad truth of the matter is that I just can't pay to host my own vids right now. Just can't justify even a small expense (and any place small won't have much in the way of bandwidth or storage space anyway, right?). So this means that I'm making three vids that'll have absolutely no place to go, since...

2) LVI is having a bandwidth crisis of their own. So how could I possibly think of asking them to host not one, not two, but three more of my vids? Even if they thought these three were the best vids since sliced bread (how's that for a weird mixed metaphor? ), it wouldn't be fair to ask them to give up that much room just for me. Now, if this BitTorrent thing works (and I've seriously got my fingers crossed that it will), then I won't feel like some skanky bandwidth hog. (Does that come with mustard and relish? ) But until then, I'm doing these vids for nobody but myself (which, depending on how they turn out, might be for the best anyway! ).

And...

3) Why am I numbering my reasons?

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in here and share some of my feelings of vid-foolishness. (Okay, I'm just making up phrases now... ) What do you guys think? Those of you, if there are any, that is, who don't have your own site or a paid-for hosting place. I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only one who doesn't!

Words of comfort, anybody?

~Aislynn
(Sad little vidder girl here... )
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, I felt the same way. I felt like I had all these great vids without homes! KC was nice enough to give me a subdomain for my Carnivàle stuff, and as I'm hosting contests there (oh yeah... The Carnivale media contests are open for anyone interested, Jake and KC!) I'm being mighty strict on my policies, cuz it's not my domain, it's the Supergirls. I may post a small section for my Lost vids, but I haven't thought that far enough ahead, and I may just stick to the Carnivale stuff, cuz there really isn't a site for Carnie vids anyways.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as you know, we've been working on that torrent thing, and we may have found a way to not only concerve bandwidth in an emergency sense, but may be able to make it so we'll never have to worry about bandwidth again
Well actually, at the moment, we've just found a way to significantly lower our bandwidth costs from downloading, but it will still be taking a lot of bandwidth, unfortunately >.< but there IS a way to make a server with everlasting bandwidth via torrents.. but we'd need to virtually kill one of our own computers in the process in order to support the something-around 70 vids hosted (so... 70 torrents up simultaneously )
If we can get some crappy spare computer or something, great, it could be the savior of LVI, but anyway, right now we're thinking of a way to host the files off the server still, but when people download them, they then take the load off as a seeder, and the bandwidth isn't taken as much from us, mostly saving us bandwidth during update periods, when lots of people download at once.
Where am I getting with this? Well, I'm saying that don't worry about the bandwidth stuff, we can take care of it very nicely the absolute worst situation would involve vidders seeding their own videos so the public can see, not that that['s much of a hassle really, because at only 50MB total or so, there really isn't much computer slowdown

61 vids on the other hand....

Anyway, ramble ramble, life has found a way life of LVI that is. Expect the official word soon enough if we do indeed embark on this new adventure... and start making that trilogy Aislynn I can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just letting you all know what song I'm currently using so its safely mine to do--I love it to death-
Shine it all around--using it for a LOST men tribute-kind of like Nobody's Home, but for the guys. Wish me luck. Oh also working my on intro which will never be done. Muah-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we do this? List the songs we are using currently? What if you suck and will never ever finish them even if you really want to because you are lame and don't have a program that works and the only program you HAD that worked you broke before its expiration date and you are GOING to fix it but you haven't figued out how yet and you are really a rather sad and pathetic person?
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Should we do this? List the songs we are using currently? What if you suck and will never ever finish them even if you really want to because you are lame and don't have a program that works and the only program you HAD that worked you broke before its expiration date and you are GOING to fix it but you haven't figued out how yet and you are really a rather sad and pathetic person?

stop distracting me from my paper KC...LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I'm give you free therapy on aim as soon as i finish thing damn thing. I did the heading...that was an accomplishment.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea for my next one...it's the song "Where is your Heart" by Kelly Clarkson...I was listening to the song the other day and I thought it would be great to use for a Sun & Jin montage...I'm just in the idea stage right now...which scenes I want to use and such...
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, now that I'm ready for takeoff again, I'm working on a video to the song "The Stone" by Dave Matthews Band.
easilyjaded
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm working on three videos:

Soldier by Eminem: This is for Sayid. I pretty much had to cut the song in pieces (Thank goodness for Adobe Premiere!) because parts of the song was just not fitting at all. I'm usually a pretty creative person but...this just could not be done. But I'm still using a lot of the song and so far its looking awesome, subtle color changes to the clips heighten the mood so much.

Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit: This is a video about how the characters just love to get into fights and break things. Its a really upbeat video and kind of funny because of the lyrics and the clips that go together. I'm pretty proud of it so far.

Load Me Up by Matthew Good Band: This is obviously about Charlie and his drug addiction (yeah, I know, we have four already, though I was only pleased with one of them so it urged me to make my own). Some of the lyrics are really hard, but so far its been a good process.

Let me know how you think these three will turn out! I can't wait to get them finished.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in the brainstorming stage:

I get inspired by the song first-

"Cryin'" by Aerosmith, for everyone's romantic trials and tribulations

"Amazing" by Aerosmith- for everyone's growth on the island (Im a sap and a half, arent I?)

"Island" by heather Nova for Sun

"Winterblue" by HN, romance

"Throwing Fire at the Sun" by HN, havent decided yet

"You Make Me Completley Miserable" by LIT- for everyone, emphasis on Boone & Shannon, either that or "Self Esteem" by the Offspring

"Trazan Boy" by Balitmora, for the boyz

"Hole In My sOUL" Aerosmith (hey I was listening to the CD, ok?)

"Sugar" by Heather Nova for Claire

Bunch of others I have written down. Again, all in preliminary stages....

oh and also "50 Secrets" by Aeone for everyone's hidden desires...
crazymol4588
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting my idea out there cause I'm sure we're all going to rush off to make tribute videos. I'm doing The Circle of Life by Elton John. For those who saw Do No Harm, you know what it'll be about.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I hear 'Tarzan Boy' I think of Chris Rock swinging in a palm tree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 2 of 101

Jump to: