Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Vids Are We Working On?????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I am working on a Kate video using a character from A Perfect Getaway, the actor is Timothy Olyphant; he's going to be on th island with Kate because the movie is based in Hawaii, I think they even filmed it there, so it really works out for my vid.
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this idea for a Sawyer video to Strange Things by Randy Newman, used in the Toy Story movie. I don't know how far I'll get with it, but the idea's been in my head for a while and won't let me leave it alone
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread because I like to talk about current projects!

I'm working on 2 vid ideas right now. One is to OneRepublic's "All This Time" and it's Jate, PB&J, and Des/Penny about how they were meant for each other. It's going to be warm and fuzzy.

The other one I just thought of. I was watching the clip from The End where Christian is explaining to Jack that they all created the church as a place to meet, because they were so important to each other (ah that ep still gets me). It's so true, and to me, the ultimate "got your back" song is Fix You. So I'm going to do my very first ensemble vid and do it to Fix You, with Christian's little speech as the lead-in VO! My only concern is, Fix You is such a popular Lost vid song! I hope my vid isn't too similar! Hopefully not.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:
Bumping this thread because I like to talk about current projects!

I'm working on 2 vid ideas right now. One is to OneRepublic's "All This Time" and it's Jate, PB&J, and Des/Penny about how they were meant for each other. It's going to be warm and fuzzy.

The other one I just thought of. I was watching the clip from The End where Christian is explaining to Jack that they all created the church as a place to meet, because they were so important to each other (ah that ep still gets me). It's so true, and to me, the ultimate "got your back" song is Fix You. So I'm going to do my very first ensemble vid and do it to Fix You, with Christian's little speech as the lead-in VO! My only concern is, Fix You is such a popular Lost vid song! I hope my vid isn't too similar! Hopefully not.

I love both of those songs.Can't wait to see them.As far as using a popular song,I think everyone's got their own personal take on each song.There are some songs I've seen vidded hundreds of time,yet none of them are quite the way I would have done the video. I love Christian's speech, that sounds like a cool way to start your vid.My favorite part is where he says (paraphrasing) 'this is a place you all made together so you could find one another'

I just completed the first Skate vid I've made in almost 2 years.I've always loved Jate and Skate about 50/50,but after season 5 and 6 (especially the series finale) I didn't have much inspiration to make Skate vids anymore.I'm happy to finally be able to get back to making some Skate vids.I'm doing this vid to a Plain White T's song.

I've got a bunch of half started videos I need to finish.Some of them I have to take back to the drawing board though.

Good luck on your videos.I look forward to seeing them posted here.

Macaila
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to seeing yours! I have always been a Jater but I shipped Skate "on the side" until s3. I hear ya about s5 and 6--TPTB didn't give you much vidding material! I actually vidded Skate twice (one angsty one on here and one really early fluffy one somewhere on YouTube). They're fun!

I have been dying to do an ensemble vid to Ryan Star's Losing Your Memory. I think the editing will kill me though because that song demands intricate editing! We'll see.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Your Memory is a good song. I heard it awhile back and I really liked it.It's one of those songs that you can really feel the emotion of it.Ensemble vids are always fun.

I enjoy seeing ship vids done by someone who primarily perfers the other ship. It gives a different perspective to the video.

I was a Jater in the beginning. For me the waterfall scene, the scene where Sawyer comforts Kate after Libby died, and when he jumped from the helicopter for Kate, made me a Skate fan.Still love Jate's first scenes in the Pilot. There was just an instant trust between them.I really liked that. The scene where Jack gives Kate guava seeds is also a favorite of mine.So is the 'caught in the net' scene.

I think I'll always be torn between Jate or Skate, but I was happy with the ending, knowing she'll be with Jack in the afterlife but having a slight question mark about what happens to her and Sawyer once they return to the real world.

I'm still deciding what to vid next. I have no fewer than 5 partially started videos.Hopefully I'll get them all wrapped up by the end of summer.

Macaila
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five, wow! That's more than me! I have 1 unfinished (WIP) and then like 5 in my head that I haven't started...but those don't count.

I hear ya about Skate. For me, I liked their scenes in 1x08 Confidence Man and LOVED them in Outlaws. Intense! s2 really killed it for me...I was bitter that things were so tense with Jate after The Kiss, and then Sawyer sleeping with Ana Lucia ruined it for me. That was so random! And then what he said to Kate in TLC - "You run, I con. A tiger don't change his stripes." He's basically saying they are who they are and why bother changing? Meanwhile, Jack and Juliet always encouraged Kate and Sawyer, respectively, to challenge themselves and grow! But anyway. I won't get into a shipper war.

I choose not to believe that Sawyer and Kate were together in "this" life except maybe as friends. I choose to believe that Kate got pregnant with Jack's baby when they slept together pre-Island-return and that Sawyer helped with the baby and they were always close. I know, I live in a fan fic lol. But who knows, maybe they were together in life just because they had so much history and they understood what the other had been through - losing the love of their life, the island, losing parents, etc. Maybe they'll do a movie someday and we'll know for sure! haha

I am over halfway done with my Jate/PB&J/Des and Penny vid to "All This Time" by OneRepublic. I'm really happy with it so far! It's not going to be my most technically proficient (editing and coloring and all) but it's more simple. I need a break after my first voiceover vid! That was tough.

Finish one of yours so we can see!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on my Sawyer vid for a while, no muse, but I'm working on a BSG lee/kate video to 'heartbeat' by scouting for girls. Of course, now that I have a job I have very little time to edit but I'm working on it!
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosey_angel wrote:
I've given up on my Sawyer vid for a while, no muse, but I'm working on a BSG lee/kate video to 'heartbeat' by scouting for girls. Of course, now that I have a job I have very little time to edit but I'm working on it!

Don't you hate when real life gets in the way of vidding? Seriously though.

What kind of Sawyer vid is it? I have been wanting to do one of him for years to The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." I've been wanting to do it since s2 aired! But really it's more fitting toward early Sawyer, so I don't know...

The BSG vid should be cool! After I finish my current vid, I'm going to do a crossover shipper vid with Sookie/Eric from True Blood and Elena/Stefan from The Vampire Diaries. Anyone else watch that?

I have ALWAYS wanted to do a Jack vid and now I can because I have all the Jack clips on this site! Before, I only had access to Kate and Sawyer clips. I'm so glad I found this site!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sawyer vid is to a song from Toy Story: Strange Things. It's odd but it fits him so well! [url] http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/toystory/strangethings.htm[/url]

one of my biggest problems with vidding it was deciding whether to set it as his pre-island life was good and then going to the island brings the strange things, or is his Dharmaville life was good and the oceanic 6 returning bring about the strange things. Once I get that sorted out I think the video will make itself.

Behind blue eyes is a great song. I don't know if I've seen it done for Sawyer. no offence but because it is used for a lot of characters I tend to avoid it. Maybe that's why it's so hard for you: too many other bad videos ruining your muse? I like your vids so I will watch it if/when it gets done
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosey_angel wrote:
no offence but because it is used for a lot of characters I tend to avoid it. Maybe that's why it's so hard for you: too many other bad videos ruining your muse? I like your vids so I will watch it if/when it gets done

No offense taken. I don't think I've ever seen a Lost vid to that song! But I'm pretty selective..until I joined here, I ONLY watched shipper vids and pretty much just Jate, Shoone, Suliet, PB&J, and maybe some ensembles. I was sheltered!

I want to do a Jack vid but I don't know what song. I also don't want it to be an overdone song. I'll have to check out my music and find something! I've never started without a song before!
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scarlett_106"]
rosey_angel wrote:

I want to do a Jack vid but I don't know what song. I also don't want it to be an overdone song. I'll have to check out my music and find something! I've never started without a song before!

me neither, which is something I'd like to do one time; test myself to see if it can be done.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarlett_106 wrote:

I choose not to believe that Sawyer and Kate were together in "this" life except maybe as friends. I choose to believe that Kate got pregnant with Jack's baby when they slept together pre-Island-return and that Sawyer helped with the baby and they were always close. I know, I live in a fan fic lol. But who knows, maybe they were together in life just because they had so much history and they understood what the other had been through - losing the love of their life, the island, losing parents, etc. Maybe they'll do a movie someday and we'll know for sure! haha

I've theorized since season 5 that maybe Kate and Jack would have a child.I was kind of disappointed season 6 didn't even play into that possibility.I would have been really happy to see Kate finally have a child of her own,especially after how good she was raising Aaron.

I wish they would do a movie. That'd be great.

I finished my skate vid, it's called 'Skate- I Loved Once...' and it's entered into the July contest.

I'm working on one of my unfinished vids now,it's an ensemble vid,kind of season 6 centric in someways.It focuses on some of the couples,including a small Jate piece.

' [quote="scarlett_106"]
"rosey_angel wrote:

me neither, which is something I'd like to do one time; test myself to see if it can be done.
'

I've done a couple of vids with an idea but no song to start with.It's difficult but a fun challenge.It's a bit easier with instrumentals than lyrical songs though.

Look forward to seeing the vids you both do.

Macaila
scarlett_106
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've missed this thread.

I just finished a little vidlet and now I'm pondering venturing off....so far, the only character studies I've done are one for Kate and one for Charlie, and that was way back when I was using WMM in 2006. I'd really like to do one of Kate and Aaron to "You Are My Sunshine" (I have this pretty, sad version). I LOVE how being a mother humanized Kate and just softened her up. One of the most heartbreaking scenes in all of lost, in my opinion, was the "Bye bye baby scene" in WHH. I seriously bawled! I'm just not sure if I love Kate and Aaron ENOUGH to sustain me through a whole vid. I might have to throw some Jack in.

I'm also working on an ensemble vid. That blog I found on tumblr (I posted about it in the Lost thread) inspired me to do an ensemble vid of all my personal favorite/most touching moments from the series. I'm finding that they're mostly from s1 and/or shippy! But ah, I really miss Charlie. That site makes me miss him more. I want to take my time on this vid and really work on transitions. I feel like I do fade in/fade out too much! I just don't knwo what else to do so I'm experimenting.

What is everyone else working on?
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process of working on my very first multi-fandom vid.It's going to be a nice upbeat vid with some of my favorite couples.Of course I have to include Lost in it because Lost is my favorite fandom.

You are my sunshine would be a beautiful song choice for Aaron and Kate. I felt like the reveal at the end of Eggtown where we found out Kate was raising Aaron was one of the best character twists in Lost.

I'm with you on the 'bye bye baby' scene, I cried too.It was actually the first Lost scene to really make me cry.It still makes me a bit emotional every time I see it. Evie did such a great job with that scene in conveying all that emotion.

I always enjoy vids about what people enjoy most about a show.So I look forward to seeing your ensemble vid. I haven't had a chance to check out the site you posted about, but I saw the post.It sounds like a really cool site.
I feel like season one of Lost was the best. (Season 5 was my least favorite. I wasn't a fan of the time travel storyline.)

Look forward to seeing your vids.

Macaila
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 100 of 101

Jump to: