Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor) Reply with quote

(I posted this over at CE, but thought I'd post it here too )

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has seen this AWESOME movie!!!

it's the first of a trilogy from Russia, Day Watch (Dnevnoi Dozor), the second installment, is due out later this year and I can't wait

I got my dvd the other day and I've watched it 3 times already

(ps. if you don't like foreign films it's ok... coz the dvd has dubbed English on it as well as english subtitles)

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!

Night Watch Trailer - http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/night_watch/
Day Watch Trailer - http://www.kino-govno.com/?trailers&id=nochnojdozor2
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also posted this over at CE

Vicky, I got an import DVD. I watched it halfway last night, will finish it tonight prolly. From what I've seen so far it looks like a cool movie, especially the effects are ass kickin!

Will comment later when i finish it.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm reading the first book at the moment.
I'm quite looking forward to seeing the movie because the book is quite good, really atmospheric

I've seen the trailer last year in the movies and it looks damn good!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the books, that's only because there are no English translated ones available as yet (and I don't think I could be bothered learning Russian ), I think they are getting translated this year to coincide with the movies coming out so fingers crossed
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally finished the book and watched the movie last nigt.
The movie isn't bad, but I was a bit disappointed.
They changed some things and almost half of the first book is not even in it!

For example, the whole story about Anton's ex-girlfriend and her baby in the 1990s never happens in the book (at least not in the first part) and thus Jegor isn't Anton's son. Also, in the book, it's not yet totally clear if Jegor will become a good or a bad guy.

Also, the book consists of three stories and only one (!) is shown in the movie! The second story is about that Maxim guy who is briefly shown in the movie and the third is about Swetlana and Anton.

Don't wanna tell you too much about the book, fallen_angel, as I think you want to read it yourself once there's an English version, but IMO, it's still a lot better than the movie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oo sorry about the late reply Kajam thanks for the tip.. i think it's gonna be a while before we get the English version of the books out here but I'm looking forward to them.... I think I will enjoy them more than I enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed the movie A LOT

I saw Day Watch recently and I enjoyed that too but I read somewhere that that was also totally different to the books, there's talk of a third movie being made (not sure if it's gonna be called "Dusk Watch" or "Twilight Watch") and that it is going to be totally Hollywoodised which really sucks coz that means they will have to change the actors and all that, I mean I'll probably still see it but it'll have to be a totally different story since the ending of Day Watch left nothing to carry on from. (if you haven't seen it yet, it ends where Anton finds the chalk of fate, turns back the time when he went to see the witch from the first film, he leaves the witchs place and bumps into Svetlana in the street, then they remember each other and walk off together)

I also read that in the final book Anton and Svetlana have a daughter who becomes a greater other than Jegor.... cool huh.. btw I certainly don't mind spoilers at all
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw Day Watch recently

Where did you see that? In the movies? I thought it hasn't been released yet?
Well, at least it hasn't been released yet in Germany. No big suprise cuz we often get movies later than other countries *sigh*

Yeah, I heard it, too, that the third part will be a Hollywood production. I'm afraid it won't be too good for the movie
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Quote:
I saw Day Watch recently

Where did you see that? In the movies? I thought it hasn't been released yet?
Well, at least it hasn't been released yet in Germany. No big suprise cuz we often get movies later than other countries *sigh*

oh i uh i had my sources
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the trailer for Day Watch a few days ago. Apart from the fact that it was in Russian and I didn't understand a word , I thought it looked really exciting and even better than the first movie (is it, fallen angel?).
From what I could see in the trailer, there are parts of the first book in Day Watch, too (at least one of the two missing stories seems to be in there).
I hope it'll be in the movies soon. I still have to read the second book before though
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day Watch was really good, but I'd have to say Night Watch was better. What language did you read the books in if not Russian?? Yeh I'm pretty sure that Day Watch the movie is only one part of the Day Watch book from what I've heard anyway.

I'm glad I've got someone to talk with about these awesome movies
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duh I just realised your from Germany so I guess you would have read the German language books

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
duh I just realised your from Germany so I guess you would have read the German language books

Yeah, I'm one of those fortunate fools cuz the books have been translated into German, but only part one and two so far. Let's hope there'll be an English version soon, too, so that you can read them. The first book was great and I'm now looking forward to reading the second book.

In the trailer, you can see a big skyscraper-like building and that's what made me guess that Day Watch (the movie) has still some bits of the first book. This building was part of the story where Anton is trying to hunt down Maxim, the killer of some of the "good guys".
Is that story in Day Watch? And how about the third story where Swetlana tries to change Jegor's destiny?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that first story is in Day Watch coz Maxim is only in Day Watch for a short time, the main focus is Anton trying to change the fate of Yegor becoming a dark other. Svetlana is an important part of the story since she is also a great other like Yegor.

Even though you've read the books I don't really wanna give too much away coz it's good to watch
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Vicky,
I've seen that Night Watch (the book) is available in English now! It was on the German Amazon homepage, so maybe it is or will be available in Australia, too?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG... I know!!!!!! I just put a bit on ebay I only found one copy available in Australia though.. so I really hope I get it!!!

thanks for the heads up anyway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: