Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United 93

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: United 93 Reply with quote

I don't know if I'll be watching this, but it looks intense.

Hi-Res - http://images.apple.com/movies/universal/united_93/united_93_h640w.mov
HD 480P - http://images.apple.com/movies/universal/united_93/united_93_h480p.mov
HD 720P - http://images.apple.com/movies/universal/united_93/united_93_h720p.mov
HD 1080P - http://images.apple.com/movies/universal/united_93/united_93_h1080p.mov

Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some controversy Looks good though!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Oliver Stone's upcoming World Trade Center!

Even so, I don't see why there's controversy. Even if there is debate about what actually happened on that flight. Since the beginning of cinema as an art form hollywood has been re-creating history (and telling it how they see fit). They do it over and over again. So why should Sept 11th be different?

Because it's only been five years? I say the word "only" with a little disdain because to me that's plenty of time. In fact, they waited too long. Honestly. Why not? They made movies about WWII while WWII was stlll going on. And not just one or two either. Several, possibly even dozens. WWII is obviously a bigger travesty, with millions of lives lost. Why are we so touchy today compared with back then?

I'm not going to be the first person in the theater or anything, but I do have to wonder about people who would protest about such things. I mean, how is it not okay to make a movie about this? Isn't that the kind of freedom we're supposed to be protecting?

*I wanted to edit to make sure everyone knows I'm not saying Hobbes or anyone here said anything to indicate that THEY felt it was inappropriate. But I have seen debates on other websites and thought that it would be interesting to discuss here. See what you guys think. I mean people are VEHEMENTLY opposed to movies like this. Like saying Oliver Stone should go to hell and crap like that. It just makes me shake my head.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I can understand some of the people's families are still upset about it, but they must have expected this sooner or later. And I think this one doesn't look bad at all. Oliver Stone's movie will cause some controversy though...but I've seen some of the pics of it and I think it'll be more of a tribute to the people who died, not just an action flick made out of a terrible disaster.

But apparently Adam Sandler is gonna star in a movie about a guy who's family died on September 11th and he tries to come to terms with it. And it's a comedy...that could cause some controversy.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC- im with you...uh why controversial?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw United 93

it was very emotional for me... lots of stuff happened that September

It portrayed all of the passengers in a positive light.

Nothing in the movie offended me or my friend.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect it would offend, or do anything really besides be a regular old movie. However, there's still the kinda discomfort of the fact that this movie is making tons of money off of that whole incident just feels a bit... well wrong really. If it was some little independant film or anything, no problem, but a Hollywood Blockbuster...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobbes did you see it?

I haven't. But I've heard the non-acting is really good, and from a technical standpoint it's very well done w/ no overblown 'blockbuster' scenes and no bias or judgement. Just the story of what *might* have happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: