Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aislynn's Practical Vidder's Guide To Windows Movie Maker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Guide Aislynn You really have done a great job... it was well worth the wait indeed
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Vicky! (To tell the truth, I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever get done! )

*does the "yay, I finally finished the WMM guide Dance of Extreme Happiness*
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want o sit down and read this real good before I comment. I need turoring for this program...so, I really want to study it.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thanks, Steph! I hope it doesn't bore you to tears!

I've actually gone back and edited in a few minor things that I forgot to cover the first time around. I suspect I'll be doing that a lot! I was sitting here working with WMM and another couple of tips and suggestions came to mind that I meant to include!

There's really a LOT more to WMM than first meets the eye...
cclsf
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that! I've been getting really tired of WMM crashing out on me, so hopefully if I try your idea it might help.

And thanks for the links to the extras for it, i'm going to take a look at them now..
Vicki.105
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Aislynn, it has been very useful!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's here! It's Finally here! Reading now, but first I changed it so the links link to the individual posts I wish I could have gotten it to go without loading the page over again, but oh well

Last edited by Hobbes on Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome It has everything you could possibly need! (though I'm sure someone is going to manage to find something else they don't know ) very intuitive and all around perfect! Better than the official site for WMM. Well, that kinda goes without saying, so MUCH BETTER!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
It's here! It's Finally here! Reading now, but first I changed it so the links link to the individual posts I wish I could have gotten it to go without loading the page over again, but oh well

anyway you could tell me how you do that where it goes to the post?

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you'd have to know what the individual thread numbers are, which I (as a mod) can find by editing it, then looking at the address bar for the number like this: 77939#77939
You can also find that number by clicking the "newest post" button in a thread with posts you haven't read yet (that little orange image out in the forum list thingee)...
Oh wait! Voila! at the top of each post is some text like this:
Quote:
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm Post subject: Aislynn's Practical Vidder's Guide To Windows Movie Maker

right to the left of that is a little white image. Click that and it will focus in on that post, and the text will be in the adress bar
From there, you just gotta put a link in:
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=77939#77939
Make sure you use the p! "P" for post!

And that is the magical way to link within a page
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
well, you'd have to know what the individual thread numbers are, which I (as a mod) can find by editing it, then looking at the address bar for the number like this: 77939#77939
You can also find that number by clicking the "newest post" button in a thread with posts you haven't read yet (that little orange image out in the forum list thingee)...
Oh wait! Voila! at the top of each post is some text like this:
Quote:
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm Post subject: Aislynn's Practical Vidder's Guide To Windows Movie Maker

right to the left of that is a little white image. Click that and it will focus in on that post, and the text will be in the adress bar
From there, you just gotta put a link in:
http://lostvideo.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=77939#77939
Make sure you use the p! "P" for post!

And that is the magical way to link within a page

Wowwwww... *mind boggles*

Uh, anyway... Thanks so much for working your above magic mojo for me, Warren! And thanks also for the kind words. I have NO doubt that there are a truck load of things that I didn't cover but everyone's welcome to ask and I'll do my best to find the answers!

Thanks again!
Moonfruit

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya, this may seem like a really idiotic and noobish question, but I'm stuck in a rut and I, to quote Hurley, "need some friggin' answers"
I've downloaded and added a couple of special effects onto wmm, and i've restarted it, but I just can't find them anywhere! I don't know where to find them to use them. I've scoured the toolbar, pushed every button etc, diddly squat! Helllppp?
-x- Angelic -x-
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a great guide to WMM. I have been using this programe for months now and i pretty much taight my self how to use it. But one thing i did learn from reading this (And i have to say im quite embarssed to say it) is that you can zoom in and out with lose little buttons! lol (i know i'm stupid arent i!)

As you probably know when you save a vid and go back into it to finish it off it always opens in a smalled time scale than you might want to edit it easily with out having so many small fidly clips to play about with. For almost a year now i've been copying and pasting it into a new file just so that the timeline resets its self to a reasonable length! I had no idea just by pushing a small button it would change it all for you! And as you probablyt know WMM does crash very frequently so i was havign to do this over and over agin about 1000 times a day! lol.

I'm kicking my self that i didnt notice this sooner! lol

I'm going off to see what other little nifty things i can find that i didnt realise were there.

Thank you so much you've made my life a lot easier! lol

Banner made by me!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonfruit wrote:
Heya, this may seem like a really idiotic and noobish question, but I'm stuck in a rut and I, to quote Hurley, "need some friggin' answers"
I've downloaded and added a couple of special effects onto wmm, and i've restarted it, but I just can't find them anywhere! I don't know where to find them to use them. I've scoured the toolbar, pushed every button etc, diddly squat! Helllppp?

Heya Moonfruit! No question is idiotic, so don't worry about that! How are we supposed to learn if we don't ask?

Okay, for those missing effects... Have you looked through the Effects, Transitions and Titles? (Effects and Transitions are at the top of the Collection Files to the left, Titles are under the Tools tab.) If they're not there, the next thing to check is to make sure that you installed them in the exact path that WMM is going to look for them:

C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared\AddOnTFX

If you've never installed anything like this into WMM before, then you have to create the AddOnTFX file inside of the Shared one, then save the effects into that file.

Another thing that can cause a problem is having WMM version 1 instead of 2. Version 1 doesn't support any effects or transitions.

If none of this is helpful to you, then let me know exactly what effects you added (they sometimes go in different places, such as into the Titles instead of in Effects and that makes them harder to find!) and I might be able to give you more specific help. If you don't want to continue out here, then you're welcome to PM me.

Heya, Angelic! Thanks so much for the kind words! And believe me, I know exactly what you mean about being self-taught and then finding out something that everybody else has been doing all along! I had no idea that you could drag video clips straight to the audio line and they would then be an audio clip! I had no idea that was even possible!

Thanks for checking out this guide! I really wanted it to be handy so I hope that it has been.
Moonfruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot for your response and help Aislynn !

I worked out that it was because I had the first version, so I downloaded sp2, and now I've got the newer version. However, I'm still encountering some problems, lol.

I posted this on the wmm forum, I don't know if you or anyone else knows anything about it?:

"I've looked through the first ten pages or so and havent found a problem quite like mine.

I've just started using wmm today, and had to upgrade to wmm2 due to lack of tools. Anyway, I had to download and install Microsoft service pack THREE TIMES because of crashes and interruptions. Seriously, it really has been one thing after another

Thats why I really need help: I started creating my video on wmm1, the clips were fine, audio, video, fine. but when I upgraded, then re-imported my vid, the clips would play when I clicked them in 'collections', but when i drag them to the timeline they wont! Just the audio is heard!

The screen is not totally blank, you can see the section where the video should be, which appears when I press play. It's a slightly lighter shade of black than the rest of the box.

The clips are all WMV, and this has happened with every single clip, even the tutorial clips provided with the software.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. please and thankyou "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: