Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aislynn's Practical Vidder's Guide To Windows Movie Maker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annikaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I import my downloaded episode to windows movie maker? Okay I've done this before, but I forgot how to do import my downloaded episode to windows movie maker. After I converted the episode to avi format, I can't figure out how to get it into windows movie maker. Could someone tell me how to import my episode to windows movie maker? Tell me step by step if you can.

Last edited by annikaya on Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how it works for the Windows XP SP2 version of WMM, so I'm presuming it's the same if you should happen to have the Vista WMM. Hopefully it'll be close if not exactly the same!

To import an episode, go to File -- Import Into Collections, browse for the folder where your episode is at (make sure that you've got the episode in the folder where it's going to stay because if you decide to move it later or rename the folder, WMM won't be able to find it again when you open your vid project ). Once you find your episode, just click Import and that's it.

You can also use Windows Explorer to find your episode then drag it from there into the Collections pane and WMM will import it the same.

If you want WMM to break your episode into clips for you, be sure that the check is on for Create clips for video files down at the bottom of that dialog box before you click Import. If you don't mind it importing the entire ep as one file, then take the check off and it'll import faster. (You can later have WMM create clips from the episode by going to Tools - Create clips if you decide you want them. )

Hope that helps! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: