Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aislynn's Practical Vidder's Guide To Windows Movie Maker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacobysgirl46

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: running a clip backwards Reply with quote

Wow this must have taken you a very long time time write, lol. Thanks, that was extremely nice of you. One thing I did not find though was how to make a clip play backwards. Is that because it cannot be done in WMM? And if it can be done, how?
Please and thanks!
Liz

oh, and also, is rendering the same thing as hitting publish video?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Liz! Yes, it did take me quite a while to write this all up! I'm so glad if it's been helpful, though!

As far as I know (my knowledge of WMM only goes through Windows XP's WMM 2), there isn't any way to reverse a clip yet with WMM. I know there's a WMM 3 for Vista but I've never heard anybody mention that it can do a reverse. Hopefully that's something that eventually they'll incorporate! *fingers crossed*

jacobysgirl46 wrote:
oh, and also, is rendering the same thing as hitting publish video?

I just did some research on that and it sounds like publish video is the Vista WMM's term for Save As Movie, which is the same thing as rendering. Basically, it's whatever will take your WMM project (usually with the .mswmm extension) and make it a .WMV that can be uploaded to someplace like YouTube or that can be watched in Windows Media Player. It should give you the opportunity to choose a format (.AVI or .WMV are probably the main choices -- I highly recommend .WMV ) and should take a few minutes before it lets you know it's done and possibly asks if you want to view your finished project. If it does all of that, then that should be the exact same thing as rendering/Save As Movie-ing.
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: running a clip backwards Reply with quote

jacobysgirl46 wrote:
Wow this must have taken you a very long time time write, lol. Thanks, that was extremely nice of you. One thing I did not find though was how to make a clip play backwards. Is that because it cannot be done in WMM? And if it can be done, how?
Please and thanks!
Liz

To reverse a clip the way I used to do it back when I used WMM you'll need Adobe ImageReady 2.0 (or a program with similar tools).

You open WMM, select the clip you want to reverse (a short clip, not a whole scene or anything). Render that clip as an avi file. Import the avi into ImageReady. Use ImageReady to reverse the frames. Save as a gif. Open WMM again. Import the gif. Use the gif as you would a clip.

If you can't do that, I found this tutorial: http://www.truveo.com/How-to-Reverse-a-Clip-in-Windows-Movie-Maker/id/3002888960
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Jo, that's just brilliant! I've rendered clips in .AVI so I could open them in Animation Shop and eventually turn them into an animated icon but I didn't even think about doing that to reverse a clip for WMM!

Thanks so much for that and for the tut link! I'm going to link you up in the index in the first post so people can more easily find this answer, if you don't mind? Thanks again!
Jo
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Oh, Jo, that's just brilliant! I've rendered clips in .AVI so I could open them in Animation Shop and eventually turn them into an animated icon but I didn't even think about doing that to reverse a clip for WMM!

Thanks so much for that and for the tut link! I'm going to link you up in the index in the first post so people can more easily find this answer, if you don't mind? Thanks again!

Awesome, glad I could help!
jacobysgirl46

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I am soooo frustrated right now, and I was wondring if you coud help me out. Here's my problem:
I'll be making a video, I'll have everything just right, the music and clips synced perfectly...but that is only if I watch it from the beginning (from the very first clip, or sometimes it works if I watch from the beginning of the second clip.) And btw, when I say watch, I mean I am previewing it while i'm in the middle of making it. So if I go to watch it from the middle or something, because I don't want to watch it from the beginning every single time, it is messed up. The lyrics and clips don't match up anymore, while if I watch it from the beginning they match up perfectly which is the way I arranged them. I'm not doing anything differently than I ever do while making vids, but suddenly this is happening. Is this making sense, do you know what I am saying? I've made about 13 vids or so, and this just recently began happening to me. It is such a pain because it screws up the timing of my video. I will work so hard to make a video, but the entire time I have no idea if when it is complete it will all line up. It is so weird. Have you ever experienced this, or do you know what could possibly be causing this and how I can fix it? I would GREATLY appreciate it if you got back to me ASAP. I am afraid to work on my current video until I know how to correct this problem, lol!
Thank you!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did have that happen to me several times when I was still working with WMM: if I'd preview from the beginning it would work, if I tried to just back up a minute or so, it would hang and freeze and just generally act awful! I never did find a way to stop it from doing that, sorry to say.

Have you tried rendering what you have done on your vid so far and seeing if it renders correctly?
jacobysgirl46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh. bummer. I wonder why that happens...and I hope it stops.
No, I haven't. Maybe I'll do that.
Thank you.
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I had a simliar problem when working with WMM. Only my problem was that for some reason WMM would make the song I had choosen like double the length that it was supposed to be. Like I was using one that was 5 minutes long and WMM said that it was really 13 minutes long...it was so frustrating.

If that's your problem, I never did find a "fix" for it...but what I'd do was just load in my song, and then look at the peaks for the song, and find the actual end, which should be what the file actually says it is, and then just split the song at that point and render it, then reload it back into WMM and it's all better *shrugs* WMM can be a major pain sometimes...or well for me it was almost all the time..mine liked to freeze every few seconds... Sometimes you just have to find longer ways around the problems...like what Aislynn said about rendering your video in pieces...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, luckilly I have not run into that particular problem yet...but considering what a piece of shit program WMM is, I'm bound to run into it eventually. I am just at a loss of what to do right now.
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had that problem too!!! and from what i could tell it was from the song. I did what tammy did:P I also got the double length songs half the time; i was like WTF!!!??? i had exactly the same problem as you, Liz, screwed up timing and all, so i'd edit it and it would be off the beat :S:S id fix it and it'd screw itself again. the only way around it is what tammy said, as far as i know, save just the song by itself wihtout any video and import it again; that'll fix whatever problem it was its like it recognizes the song has been saved in WMM so now it allows it to work or something :S

jacobysgirl46

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaayyyy!!!! Saving just the music worked! You guys rock! lol.
You have NO idea how long this has been bothering me!
There is one less thing I have to stress about now, lol. yay!
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that helped you out...yeah WMM can be a majorly huge pain more often than not. If it wasn't the music was completely messed up then the program itself would freeze everytime I tried to add something in...good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrrgh...nevermind. It cuts off the last bit of the song everytime I try this. damnit.
I guess I'll buy it on iTunes, burn it onto a CD, and try importing it that way. The loooong way.
I got the song on from Charlee originally, but maybe doing it this way will work. It better work, because I am about two seconds away from throwing my laptop against the wall...
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try burning the song you have onto a rewritable CD, then ripping it back onto the hard drive. That also should "change" the song in the same way and hopefully get rid of whatever bug WMM has over it! *fingers crossed* I know, it's just completely frustrating when it messes up like that!

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: