Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cells"-Other
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: "Cells"-Other Reply with quote

* "Cells"
Action packed hole in one
* Song: Cells by the servant
Vidder: LAURA4LAD
Length: 4:50 (9.52MB)
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNM47fcjDvA

I think this one rocks, of course I'm biased.

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already said this on the other board, but yes, this video does indeed rock. The song is awesome. The effects and transitions used are awesome. You took a song with some challenging lyrics and turned it into yet another 4Lad masterpiece.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam straight. But I can't find it on the server at all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Dam straight. But I can't find it on the server at all

I never said i was smart enough to do that. Help me obie wan-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Awesome vid! I'm always impressed with vidders who can take a song that seems impossible and make it work. And I love how all your vids are always RIGHT on with the beats. Great job!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ringwench wrote:
Wow! Awesome vid! I'm always impressed with vidders who can take a song that seems impossible and make it work. And I love how all your vids are always RIGHT on with the beats. Great job!

sweetie did you just download it because i've been told streamload is acting funky tonight. right after i plug the damn site too LOL-ty for the FB-laura

Jake's Twin
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I downloaded it then left the FB about 10 minutes after so it worked for me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got the link to work.. it wouldn't connect in FF but worked in IE. Strange indeed. Anyway,

this was great! Awesome job - this vid had feeling. Numerous perfectly timed expressions and actions. Amazing. The effects were used sparingly and well. I guess the one thing I could have done without was the 'collapsing screen' transition which was a bit distracting. The others were seamless and really enhanced the video. Nice job once again!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vid!

I liked the song, clip choices and the side squeeze effect into a vertical line to close some of the scenes. The sepia sequence was my favorite at 3:06 - 3:26. l

The part I don't understand is the whitewash (lowered contrast clips). I'm not trying to be difficult. I just don't understand why you use this effect when it seems to detract from the beauty of the normal contrast clips.

Thanks for the vid Laura.

My lost music vids
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:

The part I don't understand is the whitewash (lowered contrast clips). I'm not trying to be difficult. I just don't understand why you use this effect when it seems to detract from the beauty of the normal contrast clips.

because i'm evil

Jake's Twin
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny - the droping contrast cips didn't bother me at all and MoreLight liked the effect that I hated.

I guess you really can't please everyone.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
It's funny - the droping contrast cips didn't bother me at all and MoreLight liked the effect that I hated.

I guess you really can't please everyone.

Really the only person i can please is myself. I wouldn't add an effect if i didn't like it and think it worked for the video. The day i please everyone is just not gonna happen, and i'm ok with that.

Jake's Twin
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wasn't trying to be mean or pick on the vid. I wanted to know what kind of mood or feelings you were aiming for. I'm always looking for new ideas so I can apply them to my own vids.

I agree that the only people you 100% please with your own vids are the ones who had a hand in the design.

I'm still curious as to what the significance of whitewashes is.
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's the basic rule in any creative endevor. Make exactaly what you would want to see and hope everyone else wants to see that too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:

I'm still curious as to what the significance of whitewashes is.

When making this video I wanted it to have a half feeling. Meaning between television/a video game. The shrink transition enchirto isn't too fond of is a chanel changing in the character's mind between life before the island and life after. Notice all the whitened clips are island life-the regular colored clips are all pre-island life. Which is real? Which is imagined? This tatic of mine isn't going to be taken the same way by everyone.

The parts where it fades darker until the old movie effect was partly for the beat-partly for the video game feel i thought the song implied.

The part you enjoyed with the sephora tone was kind of the climax (and of the song i believe) of the video. After this there are all backstory scenes up to Jin meeting his father--this is where all clips are normal color because the dream world of the island comes together with everything.

I don't go into videos with a plan. I just go with the beat and lyrics and see what i can make of it. All videos are abstract so I don't enjoy giving away the method to my maddness. What i do enjoy is people interpreting them the way they want to.

Sorry if i was defensive. Critism is good, but I'm not a person that likes to justify choices i make in videos. Some people will like them, some will hate them--and it doesn't change a thing. The video is made. -laura

edited to add--the video ending with golf was for my father. A man who believes everything in life is golf and the rest is fantasy
small scott tribute as well.

Jake's Twin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: