Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Rejected Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a good idea. You can either do it in the normal Videos section (I assume) or you could post a thread in the this thread and I'm sure many people will support you in telling us what idiots we are for not accepting Pretty Woman. (in my best old man from Indiana Jones and the Last Cruscade) You must chose... but chose wisely.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Thanks. I don't think you're idiots for not accepting it. That's just the way it went. Sure I was disappointed, but the only thing that really matters is that people get to see it. I don't really care where it's posted. I mean, it would look cool on the LVI mainsite but that's okay. It's all good. Really, it's all about spreading the Lost love right?

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make a new thread for it on this board. 'The Videos' board was meant to be for LVI listed vids only. This board is for the Rejected vids only.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Let me go back and fix that.

*~The Last Soul~*
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, whew, I guess that all worked out then in the end >.< yes, when you guys spoke for me, that is indeed what I meant by it, and what I thought from that post of Last Soul's:
Quote:
Let me just make sure we're on the same page here. My video can't (as in cannot) go on the site even if I host it myself and don't use up your bandwidth?

which, btw, I began responding to before I saw the post right after that:
Quote:
Can I at least provide a link to it in this forum? That is, if I can host it on my own site.

And it looked as if it was a snippy remark to something I thought I had already fully explained a number of times in the last posts, about the process of us putting an outside-hosted video on the site, not the forum one, thus I reacted accordingly.

Now, let me make one thing absolutely clear: I did NOT hate your video. Nobody is encouraging me to make this clear or anthing right now, I just want you to know this, because I have been saying this from the beginning of this thread, and I want to make it clear. It was a great video for a beginner, and a great video period. I didn't feel it had enough to differ it from the pack and let it in (one factor that I feel is a part of the judging process, possibly not one which the other judges hold dear, but I feel it's a necessary part), and that was the main reason why I witheld my vote (though it was still a close decision for me)
I'm really sorry for all this happening, and maybe it would be best if you just wanted to say goodbye and leave. But I seriously implore you to stay, because none of this is any implication of your failure as a vidder. If anything, a video that's this good means that you are very advanced considering your level of experience, and you can only get better. Don't let me be the one who ruins vidding for you, as much as I'm trying not to, and just please... take another stab at it. Knock me off my socks, and show me I'm wrong, okay?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Are you saying it would be best if I just left?

Haha. Just kidding. It's okay, Hobbes. I didn't mean to sound like I was making a snide remark. I just wanted to make sure that I knew what you were saying. I keep telling you guys I'm dense. I'm like a little kid. You have to take me by the hand and lead me to the right direction before I actually know what you're talking about. I always want to make sure I have the right information before I do anything. I got confused and wanted very badly to clear it up. Sorry about that.

I actually have already been thinking about a new project. I have several in mind, but one is really sticking out. I'm still feeling a little sick to my stomach every time I think about making another video, but I hope to get over that soon. I won't be able to make another video for at least another two weeks, because I don't have access to Windows Movie Maker 2 here at home. That's okay though, it'll give me more time to plan my video out. I'm not sure if I'll send it in if I do make it. I guess it just depends on how strongly I feel about it. I won't be getting my hopes up again next time. That's always a big no-no. Anyway, guess we'll just have to see how things turn out.

*~The Last Soul~*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that you do try another vid, TLS. Believe me, I know how really bad it sucks when something that you've put your heart, soul and best effort into gets rejected. I was very, very lucky that the vid I sent in to LVI was accepted, but I certainly know that, if I send in more, they're not going to all be that lucky, too. If any of them even are, that is!

Also, I have a pretty good handle on the concept of rejection because in "reel" life here, I'm a writer. Woo-boy, now there's a profession that knows how to take your fragile labor of love and stomp it hard into the dirt. Then spit on it. Then pick it, laugh at it, then stomp it some more! Then -- well, you get the idea!

I can really relate to your whole "sick to your stomach" feeling whenever you think about doing another vid. I think that for every rejection letter I've ever received, I've had a moment or two afterwards when I've mentally given up writing "forever." Of course, it didn't last. If you give up, you can't ever succeed.

So, when the time's right to make another vid, you'll know it. Make it the way that you want it, but with an eye to the things that will make it more likely that it will be accepted by the LVI council (I'm presuming, of course, that's where you're planning on submitting it! ). There's lots and lots of info in other threads on this board on what the council looks for in a vid, so you ought to be able to figure out how to adapt it to your own style. That's what I tried to do with "Vertigo" (it's also the way that I try to write a story for a themed anthology or the like -- it's got to be highly original yet strictly fit their guidelines! Easy, huh? ).

Anyway, sorry for rambling but I hope that I've been able to encourage you just a bit. Rejection sucks but success more than makes up for it!

~Aislynn
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Aislynn. I'm somewhat of a writer myself, so I can also relate. Don't worry about rambling on, this whole thread is nothing but people rambling on. I don't think I've ever seen so many long posts in one thread. And yet we're still continuing it.

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the thread that never ends... It just goes on and on my friends... Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was..... and they'll continue posting forever just because.... This is the thread that never ends...

Try and get that little tune out of your head today. LOL.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! I love the Lambchops song!

*~The Last Soul~*
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it. I'm making a video of that just to punish you for this torture Jake >.< I Can't get it out of my head!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(whistling tune in background as you read)

I would LOVE to see it. As soon as I posted that message I had that though (vidder in me coming out I guess). I thought it would be cool to vid it to one or two verses, but time in such way where if you had Windows Media Player on repeat you wouldn't really even notice that it had looped. But words.

(low whisper) ... song that never ends... it just goes on and on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: