Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Rejected Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes, I understood that you weren't going to put the video on the site. I accepted that, as much as I didn't like it. Not all of my posts in this thread have been me trying to persuade you otherwise. I was merely asking questions regarding my video. You'll have to pardon me, cause the disappointment made my brain function slower than normal. I was just confused by your posts. You mentioned I could post my video in the forum, so I wanted to know if I could post a link that wasn't going to eventually break. I didn't mean I wanted to post it on the actual LVI site.
But I get it now. My video was good, but not good enough. You won't take it no matter what I do cause you just don't like it enough and don't want it on the site. And that's fine. All I wanted to know is if I could post it in this thread. Obviously, I can't post it as a permanent link. Fine. I'm done.

Thank you for answering my questions.

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, Laura, I appreciate it. I don't think I'll be reworking the video, cause I honestly like it the way it is. I'm not sure if I'll be sending in any more videos either, unless I just really get the urge to. I think I'm going to try to host the videos myself, if I can actually get my yahoo geocities site to upload the video. Thank you so much for at least watching my video and telling me the good parts about it. I know some of you might think I'm a whiny vidder who just can't accept the fact that my video didn't make it. I don't blame you. I did come off that way. I didn't mean to act like I couldn't let go. I just had a lot of questions.

I'm sorry. Thanks anyway.

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I believe Hobbes was saying just that. Here in the forum or message board or whatever, make a thread that contains a link where people can have access to your video, much like how it's done at Lost-Forums. That way everyone has an opportunity to see it (which is the overall point of making videos) and you can get some different feedback.

I don't believe (and I am a little green as to my full knowledge of how we operate) there is any problem with posting links to outside videos within this message board. Like I said before, our ultimate goal would be that we could host everyone's videos because the important thing is that they get seen. Even though we can't provide a link on the site, there's nothing that can stop you from posting a thread, with a link, and asking for other's feedback.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
Actually I believe Hobbes was saying just that. Here in the forum or message board or whatever, make a thread that contains a link where people can have access to your video, much like how it's done at Lost-Forums. That way everyone has an opportunity to see it (which is the overall point of making videos) and you can get some different feedback.

I don't believe (and I am a little green as to my full knowledge of how we operate) there is any problem with posting links to outside videos within this message board. Like I said before, our ultimate goal would be that we could host everyone's videos because the important thing is that they get seen. Even though we can't provide a link on the site, there's nothing that can stop you from posting a thread, with a link, and asking for other's feedback.

Well that's all I was asking! Why'd he get an attitude for that? I just wanted to make sure we were clear on that. I didn't want to post a permanent link if it wasn't allowed. Which makes me think it's not allowed because Hobbes said repeatedly that IT WAS NOT A PERMANENT STAY. So I am either too stupid too comprehend what Hobbes is saying or we are having a major communication barrier here.

*~The Last Soul~*
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEEP BREATHS EVERYONE! Lostsoul sorry about the lack of communication in this thread--I just read all the replies and my eyes crossed. What Warren was trying to say is although people host their own videos offsite(like me for instance), it still doesn't garrentee a stop on the site.
I know it sounds a bit wacked, but it is a system we've had in place since the site was started. All videos are voted in--videos hosted offsite have a slight advantage in the fact that we don't have to take bandwidth in consideration. Through the confusion of this post I noticed you'd like to post a offsite link on the LVI mainsite? I know you can post it in the forum to recieve feedback, but the mainsite videos have to pass the council to be placed there--offsite hosted or not.
Sweetie I realize why you are upset, and if i was in your position I would be too. This was your first video--your still learning and I expect with each new piece you do they will get better and better.
This is really a blowup over something that isn't a big deal. There are a lot of videos that don't pass the council--many videos from more seasoned vidders that don't make the cut. REALLY who cares if they don't? Contrary to popular belief the council is not the say all end all source for videos. Sweetie if you like it then don't change it. Try and cool off and do your own thing. I hope you change your mind about submitting videos in the future. I wish you the best of luck, and feel free to PM me anytime-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! No! No! That's not what I'm asking! I'm not asking you guys to post a link to my video on the LVI website. I realized it's not going there because it didn't pass the council. All I'm asking is if I can post a link to my video in this thread. Here on the forum. Not on the LVI mainsite. Other people have posted links to their videos in the forum, so I know it's allowed. I just didn't know if a permanent link was allowed for me because Hobbes hated my video so much that he didn't want to see it on the forum permanently. I'm not saying he hated it so much, I'm just using that as example for the reason he kept saying IT WILL NOT BE A PERMANENT STAY. I'm sorry for the mix-up, and the fact that this thread is going on longer than it should, but I just want to make things clear between us. I don't want to post a link if I'm not allowed to. So, let's get this straight. Am I allowed to post a link of my video that doesn't expire in this thread?

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
I know you can post it in the forum to recieve feedback, but the mainsite videos have to pass the council to be placed there--offsite hosted or not.

This is a direct quote from Laura's post. Which repeats exactly what Hobbes and myself already stated. I don't know if you're not reading all the way through cause you're upset or what, but it seems perfectly clear to me. I really think you're letting your emotions get this best of you. This is a decent video. Post it, allow others to enjoy it, and calm down.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
LAURA4LAD wrote:
I know you can post it in the forum to recieve feedback, but the mainsite videos have to pass the council to be placed there--offsite hosted or not.

This is a direct quote from Laura's post. Which repeats exactly what Hobbes and myself already stated. I don't know if you're not reading all the way through cause you're upset or what, but it seems perfectly clear to me. I really think you're letting your emotions get this best of you. This is a decent video. Post it, allow others to enjoy it, and calm down.

I know what you all have said. I've read your posts. I can see what you said about posting it in the forum. I just wanted to know what Hobbes meant by saying it would not be a permanent stay. Is he saying I CANNOT have a permanent link in the forum? I know you are all thinking I'm retarded now, but all I want is a direct answer. What did he mean by that? Please answer so I can stop bugging the sh*t out of all you.

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Hobbes "likely" (and I hate speaking for others but here goes) meant was...

Yes, do a link in the forum section. He PROBABLY said it wouldn't be permanent because MOST people host their videos on yousendit.com or similar services which only keep a file up for a limited time. If you have a place to host it, which I assume Hobbes didn't understand, then the link will remain in the forums section as long as this site is around.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the reasons we added these forums in the first place was so that people could post links to their vids that didn't make the site, and get feedback on them. It doesn't matter if it is a yousendit link or a permanent link, this practice is not only allowed, it is ENCOURAGED! I hope that was the answer you were looking for.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
One of the reasons we added these forums in the first place was so that people could post links to their vids that didn't make the site, and get feedback on them. It doesn't matter if it is a yousendit link or a permanent link, this practice is not only allowed, it is ENCOURAGED! I hope that was the answer you were looking for.

I get all teary when you get all rational--especially when i picture your Locke avatar saying it-laura

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you! That's exactly the answer I was looking for. That's exactly what I've been nagging you all all night and day for. Lol. I'm so sorry for that. I'm just happy I finally got the answer I was looking for and that I get to post my video in the forum. Once again I apologize for stretching this thread out so much. That was never my intention. I've told you guys before, you're dealing with a dumba$$ here so you're gonna have to get used to how slow my mind works.

I don't have the video uploaded to my geocities site yet (I'm working on it but it's really, really slow) so I'll have to post the yousendit.com link for temporary download.

Thanks again.

*~The Last Soul~*
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last Soul wrote:
I don't have the video uploaded to my geocities site yet (I'm working on it but it's really, really slow) so I'll have to post the yousendit.com link for temporary download.

That's absolutely perfect!! Just remember to update the link once you get your geocite straightened out.

And don't sweat the mess. We EVENTUALLY worked through it. LOL. Let's put it all behind us.

And we seriously do look forward to seeing more from you.

Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURA4LAD wrote:
I get all teary when you get all rational--especially when i picture your Locke avatar saying it-laura

lol. Well, I do try to keep my posts simple and to the point amongst all the rambling.
Like Locke, I analyze the situation and cut to the core of the problem to find a solution. lol.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it okay if I post it in another thread? This one is a little full....I'd hate for someone to have to go through all this to get to my video.

*~The Last Soul~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Artistic Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: