Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"More To Me Than You" by ChicaFrom3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: "More To Me Than You" by ChicaFrom3 Reply with quote

"More To Me Than You" 12-14-2005
A character study of Shannon Rutherford. Focused on her relationships and her self-image. All canon ships.
Song: Theres More To Me Than You by Jessica Andrews
Vidder: ChicaFrom3
Length: 3:43 (23.8MB WMV)

Link: http://media.putfile.com/Theres-More-To-Me-Than-You_0001

Sawyer's girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great vid but I can't watch putfile can you pls upload it somewhere else
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I loved this! It's a really nice character study of Shannon, touching on all the ships but with the focus on her rather than her relationships.

Poor Shannon... I just don't get the explanation that her character didn't have any place else to go, so that's why they killed her off. I think she was really growing by leaps and bounds, from the shallow "Barbie girl" she started off as to beginning to come into her own. Now that we've got more of her backstory, you could see how she ended up going from man to man trying to find self-worth. "There's more to me than you" is such a fitting statement to show the growth of her character, that she realized she WAS okay on her own.

Ahem. Sorry for lapsing into Deep Philosophical Hour there. But your vid really got me to thinking about all of that. And hey, what more can you ask for, I suppose? I was entertained AND got Deep Thoughts from it! That sounds like a pretty awesome vid, then!

And okay, I've gotta admit, I really laughed at the parting shot: "Die, Ana-Lucia, Die" over that pic of Shannon looking so spunky! An excellent way to end it, rather than going all sad and somber!

I enjoyed it a lot, in case that's not obvious by now! Great job!

~Aislynn
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawyer's girl: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHIE6IFH. Sorry for the delay...was away from my laptop. Hope that helps.

Aislynn: I always love getting reviews from you. Don't worry about going philosophical on me, I live to make people think. Sadly, that sometimes ends up taking second place to making people stare.
Shannon's always been one of my favorite characters, because I always saw so much potential for growth in her. Okay, potential and angst. Lots of angst...and self-esteem issues. Okay, the snark was a major factor, too. And, well, if there's a cuter duo than Shannon and Vincent, I haven't seen it yet...
Uhm. Point.
There was a full-blown character in Shannon just waiting for a character arc. And I was confident it was coming. Boone dying was a step in that direction. Being entrusted with Vincent was a step in that direction. "I can't tell that kid I lost his dog because I was exhausted" was a major step towards a full and brilliant character arc. Then, y'know, Ana-Lucia shot her and I cried for a week.
(I have no love at all for Ana-Lucia.)
I'm pretty sure I had a point to this, but I've forgotten it and it's turning into a monologue about the pros and cons of Shannon Rutherford's character arc, so I'm just going to stop now and thank you whole-heartedly for the review.
Thank you!!!

sig by niki blue
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
I live to make people think. Sadly, that sometimes ends up taking second place to making people stare.

*knows the feeling all too well!*

I wonder if anybody else knew who Toby Keith was, BTW? Uh-oh, are my Southern roots are showing? That's what happens when you come from a country-music-lovin' family. You learn these things whether you want to or not!

Can't wait for your next vid! (When are we gonna see one supporting that Sun/Sawyer ship? C'mon, you've GOTTA vid that one now that you've mentioned it! )

~Aislynn
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
I wonder if anybody else knew who Toby Keith was, BTW? Uh-oh, are my Southern roots are showing? That's what happens when you come from a country-music-lovin' family. You learn these things whether you want to or not!

That...is a very good point. A very sad point, but a very good point. Shout out, LVI--how many of you know who Toby Keith is, and why he makes a guest appearance in this vid? Consider it a challenge!

Aislynn wrote:
(When are we gonna see one supporting that Sun/Sawyer ship? C'mon, you've GOTTA vid that one now that you've mentioned it! )

We all know I have to try to convert people to my unconventional shipping by ficcing and vidding so yes, a Sun/Sawyer vid will be coming. As soon as I find an appropriate song. *starts perusing her iTunes list for something that screams Sun/Sawyer*

sig by niki blue
Sawyer's girl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:
Sawyer's girl: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FHIE6IFH. Sorry for the delay...was away from my laptop. Hope that helps.

Thank you but it deosn't seem to work for me Don't worry if it's a problem you don't have to upload it anywhere else for me
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, odd...

How's this? http://picapic.net/media/DN7PKJ3

sig by niki blue
Sawyer's girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thank you very much and merry Christmas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicaFrom3 wrote:

That...is a very good point. A very sad point, but a very good point. Shout out, LVI--how many of you know who Toby Keith is, and why he makes a guest appearance in this vid? Consider it a challenge!

Toby Keith is one of the BEST male vocalists in Country music today. Several years ago he had a #1 single titled "How do you like me know" about meeting up with the star cheerleader who turned him down in high school several years earlier he is now a successful musician and she a disgruntled unhappy in her marriage wife.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smidjy wrote:
ChicaFrom3 wrote:

Toby Keith is one of the BEST male vocalists in Country music today. Several years ago he had a #1 single titled "How do you like me know" about meeting up with the star cheerleader who turned him down in high school several years earlier he is now a successful musician and she a disgruntled unhappy in her marriage wife.

*applauds loudly*

sig by niki blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: