Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young Americans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Young Americans Reply with quote

Has anyone seen the show?

It was a short-lived show on the WB and premiered in the summer of 2000. The reason that I am mentioning this is that Ian Somerholder was one of the leads.

Well anyways it is on YouTube, there are some auido problems, but I think it is worth watching. BTW...It was a spinoff of Dawson's Creek.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6DYktBgbPXQ
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched several episodes and I had a friend who was really into it, but I never watched the whole season. It was okay. I thought it was a little annoying how it was a product placement vehicle for CocaCola and Friendly's. But it wasn't a bad show. It was kind of an experiment right? I think I remember it came on during the summer when all the other shows were on reruns. They filmed it in Maryland, I remember that. Random fact courtesy the obsessed friend.

I also don't think it's fair to call it a Spin-Off of Dawson's Creek. They introduced Will as a character (2 or 3 eps?) JUST to advertise for the show. I know that they called it a spin-off, but that's really stretching it.
Anya
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show never aired in my country but thanx for the link. Now I can watch it on youtube.... I'll let you know what I think!

Banner made by PsychoCynic
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I thought it was a little annoying how it was a product placement vehicle for CocaCola and Friendly's.

I also don't think it's fair to call it a Spin-Off of Dawson's Creek. They introduced Will as a character (2 or 3 eps?) JUST to advertise for the show. I know that they called it a spin-off, but that's really stretching it.

I totally agree with you! I did not mean to call it a spin-off of Dawson's Creek, I was just using it as a comparison, and some people do not like Dawson's Creek.

Friendly's and Coca-Cola were plugged in every single episode. The main reason that I enjoy the show is because of the relationship between the characters Hamilton (Ian Somerhadler) and Jake (Katherine Moening, she plays Shane on the L Word).

I cannot believe that Kate Bosworth was in that show.

-DaisyAdair
DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anya wrote:
The show never aired in my country but thanx for the link. Now I can watch it on youtube.... I'll let you know what I think!

Awesome! There are some audio problems, but I think that you will get the jist of the show.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that Kate Bosworth is a name now haha. I was a fan of Dawson's Creek, but I found that their tactic to pull over DC viewers by introducing this random out-of-nowhere character was kind of demeaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: