Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Runtime error? What do I do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Runtime error? What do I do? Reply with quote

I seem to be having an endless array of problems with Premiere.

Not sure if this is something on my PC or something in the program but about 90% of the time when Premiere crashes it gives me this error:

Anyone have a clue what this means or what I need to do to stop it from happening. Because it's REALLY frustrating me to no end. I can't go 5 minutes without the program crashing on me.

It doesn't seem to have any particular rhyme or reason to why/when it's happening either.

It's days like this that make me want to say "Fuck it" and give up.

But I'm far too stubborn for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you by any chance on Win98SE or Win98 and have Spyware Doctor on your system? If so read this thread.

If not I don't know.

My lost music vids
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are on 98 you really need to upgrade, for the sake of your sanity.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
If you are on 98 you really need to upgrade, for the sake of your sanity.

I am

I really WANT to upgrade, but have no money to buy XP. Though I'm pretty sure my dad has XP and could possibly burn me a copy. I'm getting sick of having 98. My computer is pretty good otherwise (could use more RAM and needs to have the hard drives cleaned up a bit is all), but yeah, I'm thinking the fact that I'm running Win 98 could be causing me some major issues.

And I don't have spyware doctor on my system. I have adaware, but I've had that forever and it solves more problems than it causes.

I've been doing some research and I think the runtime error problem may have something to do with errors in the registry. So I need to figure out how to fix those without completely screwing up my computer

*sigh*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MarieWP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premiere uses a lot of computer resources. You will want to make sure you close other programs while using it, esp. if you don't have a lot of memory on your computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: