Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do You Accept More Than One?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Do You Accept More Than One? Reply with quote

I am working on a video to Avril Lavign's "Sk8ter Boi." It was originally supposed to be a Kate/Sawyer, but there are no clips of Sawyer 'banging on his guitar,' so I am making it into a Kate/Charlie video. Interesting pairing... isn't it?

However, I am aware that you already have a video for "Sk8ter Boi." Do you accept more than one of the same song?

The Last Soul
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird pairing yes, and an even weirder song for the two. Does Kate actually sound anything like the girl in "Sk8er Boi"?

Jack/Kate/Charlie/Claire Fan

*~The Last Soul~*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going after my vid eh?
Using the same song as someone else is not a problem at all. If we were forced to use different songs, then all the good songs would get taken and we'd be stuck going nowhere! And I'll make you a deal, I'll let you use Skaterboi without saying a word if you let Jake use "Sandman" without saying a word LOL
Hope you can beat me with it! I'll be watching intently!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a deal, Hobbes.

*puts hand out to seal the deal*

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes* (though I don't know why I'm the one making a deal for JAKE! LOL) You'd better get cracking Jake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charmax
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake doing The Sandman.. This should be good!

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanna know what's funny? Okay, not funny, but craptastic... here goes...

I have all my Lost episodes on my computer. I have the original LOL eps, and then I have two additional copies in different formats that I use for other things. One for Adobe, and one for my PVR.

So, needless to say, I'm running out of memory. So I decided that I didn't really need the LOL ones since I have the other two. And then I also decided to delete the ones for my PVR because they're already on my PVR.

Here's where it gets funny. I deleted the Adobe ones INSTEAD of the PVR ones. So now all my Lost video projects have gone to shit cause MOST of the time it doesn't QUITE match up the same.

I had Enter Sanman all but done. Thankfully I actually exported a copy before all this happened, but it was a copy I was just going to use for review because I think I've been using the white-wash thing too much.

AHHHHH. I might just end up having to use the one I have OR go back in and re-tweak all the in and out poings. LOL. That doesn't sound like a good time.

(deep breath)

Wow. Okay, well, lemme look at this test copy and see if it's gonna be good enough of not.

I'll check back later with an update.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor Jake >.< poor poor Jake.
You should get a second hard drive. 80 gigs for something like $100
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three hard drives total. C is for just running my normal stuff and D and E are for my video and file sharing, I mean, extracarricular activitites.

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just watched my trail copy of Enter Sandman. It has some problems what I would have gone back and tweaked, but all things considered, that seems a bit too daunting at this point. I just need to put them through conversion and load them onto my site. I'll post again... somewhere... that they're up. Hopefully in the next half hour or so.

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think the fates don't want me to finish this video. My compression software had totally crapped out on me for some reason. LOL. I think I'll just go stick my head in the sand for a week until I can forget this whole mess.

phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Jake, what a story!

I think the universe hates me. I acidently deleted I song I was using to make a video, That's What Girls Do, and I can't re-doenload it. And I was almost finished with my "The Ships" video when the program froze and deleted everything. It took me another week to finish it completely.

Anyway, good luck with the 'Sandman' video. I hope the fates will let you finish.

JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix, if you need help reattaining the song. I can likely get a copy and could get it to you.

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:
I have three hard drives total.

LOL. I think I'll just go stick my head in the sand for a week until I can forget this whole mess.

This should make you feel a bit better:

My computer has one 40 GB hard drive (mostly full, no surprise! This is yet another reason why I've never tried to download even one episode... Where am I gonna put 'em??? ) with 256 MB RAM and a dial-up connection. I can only have one application open at a time or it's Blue Screen of Death City for me. Sometimes, we go to BSoD City just for the fun of it anyway. I once casually mentioned that I was considering buying an extra hard drive, an external DVD-burner, and adding more RAM. My CPU grew angry at me for pointing out its short-comings and informed my budget to vanish into thin air. I had to immediately promise that I would forget all attempts at trying to turn it into a High-Stylin' Vidding Machine before it would begin doling out a few meager funds again. Uh oh, it appears that it doesn't appreciate me mentioning this conversation to anybody else. No, wait, I'm sorry, don't go all Blue Screen on me, PLEASE-----------

***transmission terminated***
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO... Good stuff. Yeah, I couldn't afford one either, so I put myself head over heels in debt. Ahhh youth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: