Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grey's Anatomy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just so ridiculous and and I don't buy for a second that it wasn't b/c of the "gay" thing....they just got cold feet....but why....ugh I'm kind of disgusted now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ridiculous, isn't it? This is 21st century and people are still freaking out about two women kissing on tv? WTF!! It's not like homosexuality is an "invention" of our time... there has always been homosexuality in the history of mankind, except for that you would actually expect people to be more open-minded about it nowadays than they once used to be. But apparently, that's not the case and we are still living in the bloody Middle Ages!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I know, right? Whats wrong with people! I don't even really look at it as homosexuality ,rather just two people falling in love, regardless of the sex... Sometimes its just the person you fall in love with. I honestly don't get why some people have such an issue with it? people need to open their minds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I don't even really look at it as homosexuality ,rather just two people falling in love, regardless of the sex...

That's a very good point! Can it be so wrong to fall in love with someone you get along with so well, someone you feel comfortable with, someone who can put a smile on your face... even if it's someone of the same sex?

I do understand it when older people get upset about homosexuality. It doesn't mean that I agree with them, because I definitely don't agree with them, but I do understand where this is coming from. It has to do with the way they've been brought up, about the "values" they've been taught by their parents and about religious beliefs as well. People were told that homosexuality was wrong, against the "nature" and against their religious beliefs.

People should be smarter than that these days. I have an uncle who turned his back on his own son when the boy told him he was gay!! Can you believe that?? A parent dropping their child because of the kid's sexuality! This is so wrong!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very sad. But yeah I agree...people should be smarter than that. Just b/c it says its wrong in the bible doesn't mean it is.
I have lots of gay friends and they are some of the nicest people I know.

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikkimonique wrote:
I have lots of gay friends and they are some of the nicest people I know.

So do I and agreed about them being great people! I mean, hell, I live in Cologne which is being called the "gay stronghold" of Germany and it's great living here because the people are all very relaxed and open-minded about it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah people are pretty opened minded in Albuquerque and even more so in Santa Fe...so its nice.

LOL anyways I fear we are getting off topic...lol you and I have a knack for that lately...spamming up the non spam threads

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of a little clip a friend of mine showed me the other day:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lU4pvl3iN8s

Dom is made of awesome!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO! So true! I just don't get it when people say marriage needs to be protected...Protected from what?! LOL!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Have you never heard any news about gay people trying to steal straight people from straight relationships and marriages in order to have wild orgies with them and trying to turn them into homosexuals? Gay people are the biggest threat to the world next to Al-Qaeda and the nuclear bomb!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Oh yeah I forgot about that threat Yay for it being election day today....as Abby said this morning "I Barracked the vote!" lets pray he wins!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I am so keeping my fingers crossed for Obama! I strongly believe that he is the right man for the job and that he could actually bring some changes to his country, if not the world! Go Obama!!!! (Too bad I can't vote )
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think her termination doesn't only have to do with the lesbian storyline. Overall Hahn was a pretty disliked character and the fact that she was in a homosexual relationship made it worse. If we think about it they are casting bisexual interns, so I don't think it's the homosexuality ABC is afraid to show. I think Erica Hahn is asexual, so her doing sexual scenes with Callie doesnt translate well and is lost to the audience.

AND GO OBAMA!

eta;
Quote:
Brooke Smith was obviously not fired for playing a lesbian. Clearly it's not an issue as we have a lesbian character on the show -- Calliope Torres. Sara Ramirez is an incredible comedic and dramatic actress and we wanted to be able to play up her magic. Unfortunately, we did not find that the magic and chemistry with Brooke's character would sustain in the long run. The impact of the Callie/Erica relationship will be felt and played out in a story for Callie. I believe it belittles the relationship to simply replace Erica with 'another lesbian.' If you'll remember, Cristina mourned the loss of Burke for a full season

Doesn't sound like Callie is going anywhere.

find me on tumblr: http://m--tyrell.tumblr.com/
Powis97
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent read the whole thread because im busy but does anyone know where i can get Grey's anatomy clip's?

Do they have a Grey Video hospital or something
OvariesOfSteel
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shonda has everything so wrong I can't even begin to wrap my brain around it.

Callie's best chemistry has always been with Mark, yet they threw her first with Hahn (who sucked) and now with Arizona, who irks me, and whom she has no chem with. At all.

I don't know WTH she is doing with the Chief. It's ridiculous. And with everyone keeping it quiet? Um..WHAT?! Especially Bailey, who then actually turns around and has a little fit of regret and wants to tell when she's suddenly deprived of a Whipple. Whatever.

Avery is fiiiiiine and Cristina should get with him. Teddy sucks. Owen just isn't attractive to me and while Shonda could have made Crowen work, not anymore.

What else? Oh, "I can't reach your hand. I'll hold your foot" has been the best part of the last few weeks aside from Meredith and Derek's maturity from previous seasons.

Blech.

Banner by Sarah

Writing4aCause
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: